Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Tacks Add Decker
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter  39m39 minutes ago
Titans and former NY Jets WR Eric Decker reached agreement on a one-year deal, per source.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...3574023168
So does he want to get shut down by Ramsey or Bouye? Maybe they can alternate
(06-18-2017, 08:34 PM)mvannostran Wrote: [ -> ]So does he want to get shut down by Ramsey or Bouye? Maybe they can alternate

I like it!
Good, another bad wheel on the tittians, he and ftMerryOtter can sign each other's casts.
They will put him in the slot to avoid them Big Grin
The Titans offense was already tight especially with their new rookie WR and now Decker? I know it was pre-Ramsey, but Decker killed us when we last played the Jets.
Eric Decker is 30 years old and just had hip surgery followed weeks later by rotator cuff surgery 7 months ago. 

He does not concern me if the Jags have a healthy secondary come September 17th.
Meh, stinks of desperation. Maybe if it's at damn near league minimum for a vet.....................maybe.
I honestly have always like Erik Decker.
(06-20-2017, 03:17 PM)Browntrouser Wrote: [ -> ]I honestly have always like Erik Decker.

Me too. He's always been a consumate pro. I can see a guy like Hurns following in his footsteps. 
He's not a bad football player. And despite the injuries and his age he should still be a concern in the red zone. Especially with Mariota's efficiency inside of it. The tacks can actually run the football. This will only work to his advantage in the long run. Decker is a better route runner than burner though. It wouldn't shock me at all if he puts a couple of moves on Ramsey or Bouye this year.
Decker is a solid veteran get for them, but it's not a transaction that's going to put them over the top.
(06-22-2017, 01:37 PM)FBT Wrote: [ -> ]Decker is a solid veteran get for them, but it's not a transaction that's going to put them over the top.

If he's healthy he can make them better.  He is a savvy receiver who knows how to get open, has good size and good hands.  He would be a chain mover for Mariota, but I don't think he would give them hopeless matchup advantages over opposing secondaries.
Way to much IMO. Is he depth? If not whats that say about your receiver corps?

[Image: PJn1meZb_normal.jpg] Tom Pelissero @TomPelissero

Eric Decker's 1-year deal with #Titans is worth up to $5.35 million, per source. $2.5M signing bonus, $1.35M salary, up to $1.5M incentives.