Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Davon House tired of limited playing time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Though I thought Davon House did a good overall job for the Jaguars on the plays in was in the game at CB in Detroit,   his comments jump out after his TEAM lost the game:

http://jacksonville.com/sports/2016-11-2...aying-time

Jaguars Notebook: House ‘tired’ of limited playing time

He can be tired all he likes.

This is what happens when you don't get it done during your opportunities.

Quote:He can be tired all he likes.

This is what happens when you don't get it done during your opportunities.

In addition to what you mentioned,   I thought the Jaguars Secondary collectively performed better in yesterday's game than any other of the team's position units.   
Quote:  In addition to what you mentioned,   I thought the Jaguars Secondary collectively performed better in yesterday's game than any other of the team's position units.   

Absolutely.  Our DBs have been playing well.  There's a reason House is the #4 CB, despite having been the starter last year... and it's not a complicated one.

It's because Prince, Colvin and Jalen are all flat out better than him.

Looks like the coaching staff decided they trusted Thompson more than him as well.

He had his opportunities earlier this year.  He got toasted multiple times.

No one to blame but himself.
Quote:Absolutely.  Our DBs have been playing well.  There's a reason House is the #4 CB, despite having been the starter last year... and it's not a complicated one.

It's because Prince, Colvin and Jalen are all flat out better than him.

Looks like the coaching staff decided they trusted Thompson more than him as well.

He had his opportunities earlier this year.  He got toasted multiple times.

No one to blame but himself.

In looking at the Jaguars DB coaching personnel decisions,  my impression is Davon House,  who I also saw many, many times play with the Packers,  is much better suited to be an outside CB than a slot CB.   Once Aaron Colvin went down,  my guess is the team's coaches preferred to keep Jalen Ramsey and Prince on the outside more often instead of moving one of them to the inside at a high frequency rate.    House seems to be letting his emotions get the best of him,   which isn't helping his team.
House had his chance far too often and blew it far too often.  This defense has gotten much better without House in it.

If I wasn't performing up to standard, then came out and said I'm fed up at work, my boss would show me the door.

Point is, you make it your duty to NOT be dropped or benched.

If you're on the bench, there's usually a reason for it... get over yourself.

cool, stop sucking

Great, now Gus, king of everyone gets a trophy will give him more playing time and make the one good thing about our team suck Smile!

Lol, players calling out the team more often now. But but they are behind Gus.
When a player complains about playing time they are calling out the players that are ahead of them on the depth chart and no one else. Certainly not the coach. If you say you should be playing more you are saying whomever is playing your spot is not as good as you are. I'm sure there are some players telling him to eat [BLEEP] right about now. Who is playing that he considers himself better than I wonder?

House will be cut too.

Here's my early list of cut players.

-Ivory

-House

-Yeldon

-Parnell

-Bortles

No I didn't forget Joke
This kind of thing happens when a team is pretty much "stacked" at a position.  Could he have done a better job or make a difference over Peyton Thompson?  Who knows?

Quote:House will be cut too.

-Ivory

-House

-Yeldon

-Parnell

-Bortles

No I didn't forget Joke
dont think yeldon will be cut, why would he be? Hes not expensive and isnt bad
Our DBs are playing well but never make game changing plays. Poz is a better Ball hawk it seems.
This guy whines too much, he sucked when he was our starter and got beat by Jalen, Prince, and Colvin. Go have fun on another team.

Funny how all the players are calling out the coaches and they are fed up with this garbage...but no, Gus hasn't lost the locker room.  Keep towing the line Jaguars!

Quote:House will be cut too.

-Ivory

-House

-Yeldon

-Parnell

-Bortles

No I didn't forget Joke

There's basically a 0% chance Ivory gets cut. 

For one, he's playing well, despite an offensive line that can't run block, and two, his contract makes that a silly move.

Joke is gone, Parnell likely to go as well, and House is a strong possibility.  Yeldon, I'd say highly doubtful.  He's still on a Rookie contract and you cut guys like Denard Robinson first.
Quote:Funny how all the players are calling out the coaches and they are fed up with this garbage...but no, Gus hasn't lost the locker room.  Keep towing the line Jaguars!
He is not calling out the coach. He made a public broadcast that he is a better corner than those starting in front of him. Nothing to do with the coach other then the fact that they also believe he is not as good as those playing in front of him.
Look at the defensive rankings this year. The guys on the field are an upgrade over last season. House can complain all he wants. There are better options ahead of him on the depth chart.
Pages: 1 2