Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 1.4 million illegals working under stolen Social Security numbers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Need anymore proof that we need a wall and deport them all? It could be YOUR SS# Stolen w/o your knowledge.

1.4 million illegals working under stolen Social Security numbers

Most illegal immigrants who pay taxes have stolen someone else’s legal identity, and the IRS doesn’t do a very good job of letting those American citizens and illegal immigrants know they’re being impersonated, the tax agency’s inspector general said in a new report released Thursday.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017...-security/
And how many voted?
Add that to the huge stack of reasons the IRS should be abolished.
(06-22-2017, 05:28 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]Need anymore proof that we need a wall and deport them all? It could be YOUR SS# Stolen w/o your knowledge.

Most illegal immigrants who pay taxes have stolen someone else’s legal identity, and the IRS doesn’t do a very good job of letting those American citizens and illegal immigrants know they’re being impersonated, the tax agency’s inspector general said in a new report released Thursday.

This is what I know concerning this.  My brother in law's SSN was stolen back in the early to mid 90's.  Our beloved federal government discovered this and let him know that this "identity theft" occurred.  Their advice was to ignore it because this most likely illegal alien was contributing to his SS retirement fund and not seeking benefits.  Now consider this, it is now 2017 and nothing has changed.  The person using his SSN is still contributing to his SS retirement fund and not seeking any compensation.  Because he has been informed of this, what happens when or if this person does file for compensation?
(06-22-2017, 05:28 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]Need anymore proof that we need a wall and deport them all? It could be YOUR SS# Stolen w/o your knowledge.

The problem with the wall is

1) the cost and 

2) illegal immigration mostly isn't coming over the Mexican border illegally.   Most of these people come in just like a regular tourist, and blend into society, just disappear from the radar.   Trump himself says that 1 million people a day cross the US-Mexican border LEGALLY.   That's the easiest way to get in- just drive through the border crossing.   Another great way to get in is to buy a plane ticket.   Anyone with a passport can come in as a tourist and just disappear.  

Which brings me back to the cost.   20 billion dollars for a useless wall that doesn't attack the problem where it is actually occurring.

(06-22-2017, 07:19 PM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]Add that to the huge stack of reasons the IRS should be abolished.

I'm okay with abolishing the IRS if it is replaced with an effective method of enforcing tax laws and collecting taxes.  

Otherwise, abolish the IRS and a lot more people will just refuse to pay taxes.  And then you'll be calling for some kind of enforcement, because how would it be fair if you paid taxes and your neighbor decided not to.
(06-23-2017, 06:45 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]

The problem with the wall is

1) the cost and 

2) illegal immigration mostly isn't coming over the Mexican border illegally.   Most of these people come in just like a regular tourist, and blend into society, just disappear from the radar.   Trump himself says that 1 million people a day cross the US-Mexican border LEGALLY.   That's the easiest way to get in- just drive through the border crossing.   Another great way to get in is to buy a plane ticket.   Anyone with a passport can come in as a tourist and just disappear.  

Which brings me back to the cost.   20 billion dollars for a useless wall that doesn't attack the problem where it is actually occurring.

(06-22-2017, 07:19 PM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]Add that to the huge stack of reasons the IRS should be abolished.

I'm okay with abolishing the IRS if it is replaced with an effective method of enforcing tax laws and collecting taxes.  

Otherwise, abolish the IRS and a lot more people will just refuse to pay taxes.  And then you'll be calling for some kind of enforcement, because how would it be fair if you paid taxes and your neighbor decided not to.

Hmm, the reply was eaten.
To answer Marty's post:

1. The $20B cost of the wall is just a drop in the defense spending bucket. This is a national defense issue and should be part of the defense budget.

2. Millions cross the Mexican border daily, but those crossing legally are mostly one-day trips and ID's are heavily checked. The illegals who stay mostly cross in wilderness areas. The big illegal flow lately has been Central Americans, mostly teenage males. Obama's policy was to just let the "children" stay since Mexico won't take them back.
I know from first hand experience that many illegal aliens have multiple names and social security numbers...I have worked with many contractors who employ illegals and the illegals seem to work for a select few contractors...Like when one contractor gets a new big contract, the illegals who are out of work flock to the ones with contracts...I have seen the same illegals on many different jobs but they have different names and social security numbers...I am a project manager and I see the exact same crews on different jobs and my company mandates we have proof of all of our subcontractors employees legal status on our jobs...The forms (aside from the I 9) have the name, picture and SSN of the people...Comparing the pictures, the same person is employed by different contractors with different names and SSN...I have personally reported this and my employer has as well and nothing is ever done about it...I would guess they are stolen names and numbers

(06-22-2017, 09:04 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]This is what I know concerning this.  My brother in law's SSN was stolen back in the early to mid 90's.  Our beloved federal government discovered this and let him know that this "identity theft" occurred.  Their advice was to ignore it because this most likely illegal alien was contributing to his SS retirement fund and not seeking benefits.  Now consider this, it is now 2017 and nothing has changed.  The person using his SSN is still contributing to his SS retirement fund and not seeking any compensation.  Because he has been informed of this, what happens when or if this person does file for compensation?

maybe they can buy a retirement home together and drink a few margaritas.