Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Harry Reid’s rule change comes back to bite Dems; another bitter pill
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Harry Reid’s rule change comes back to bite Dems; another bitter pill

Senator Harry Reid supported Hillary Clinton in her bid for the White House. He was quick to blame FBI Director James Comey for Hillary’s loss on election day

Back in 2013, Reid used what is known as the “nuclear option” in order to get President Obama’s appointments approved. Until that time, appointees had to get at least 60 votes to be confirmed, but with the “nuclear option” that was changed to 51.

http://fiscalconservatives.com/harry-rei...m=facebook

Yep...what comes around, goes around.
The only way I see a negative here for Trump is if he gets opposition from some of the republicans. Many of them don't like him anyway and they might decide to be stubborn depending on who they're saying yea or nay for. 

Quote:The only way I see a negative here for Trump is if he gets opposition from some of the republicans. Many of them don't like him anyway and they might decide to be stubborn depending on who they're saying yea or nay for. 

I could definitely see some of those RINOs blocking it in some far-fetched effort to diminish his Presidency to return things to the status quo for next election.

Speculation, maybe, but not impossible. 
Quote:I could definitely see some of those RINOs blocking it in some far-fetched effort to diminish his Presidency to return things to the status quo for next election.

Speculation, maybe, but not impossible.
I could see that, but they will be risking their own jobs by doing so. It's a double edged sword, and will be interesting to see how it plays out. It will cost someone their job. Who is the question.
Quote:I could see that, but they will be risking their own jobs by doing so. It's a double edged sword, and will be interesting to see how it plays out. It will cost someone their job. Who is the question.
While it could certainly happen, I don't expect that to be the case.  The RINOs have been lining up to pick which cheek to pucker up to since the election.  Harry Reid thought it was a great idea previously.  He'll be long gone by the time the republicans take advantage to get the appointments in place.  A president should be given every opportunity to have the people in cabinet positions that he wants.  I get it when it comes to Supreme Court selections, but for cabinet positions?  Obama's first cabinet was chalked full of people who had baggage that could have derailed their appointments (Tim Geithner and his TurboTax problems ring a bell?), yet they wound up in the cabinet. 
Quote:While it could certainly happen, I don't expect that to be the case.  The RINOs have been lining up to pick which cheek to pucker up to since the election.  Harry Reid thought it was a great idea previously.  He'll be long gone by the time the republicans take advantage to get the appointments in place.  A president should be given every opportunity to have the people in cabinet positions that he wants.  I get it when it comes to Supreme Court selections, but for cabinet positions?  Obama's first cabinet was chalked full of people who had baggage that could have derailed their appointments (Tim Geithner and his TurboTax problems ring a bell?), yet they wound up in the cabinet. 

Agreed.  For further reason as to why the "nuclear option" should be in place, look no further than the Attorney General appointments made by the current administration regime.