Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Sanders and wife feeling the FBI Bern, lawyer up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lol same people that ignore this gnash their teeth over trump university
I'm no Bernie fan, but this seems like a nothing burger to me. Sanders' wife applied for a loan for the college, it wasn't a personal loan and didn't benefit her. She apparently exaggerated the existing college funding to secure the loan, but painting a good picture to get a loan is common.

So Bernie and his wife are under investigation, yet another Democrat running for president in 2016 was selling US foreign policy for personal gain and there is no investigation? The DC political establishment strikes again.
(06-25-2017, 10:33 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: [ -> ]I'm no Bernie fan, but this seems like a nothing burger to me. Sanders' wife applied for a loan for the college, it wasn't a personal loan and didn't benefit her. She apparently exaggerated the existing college funding to secure the loan, but painting a good picture to get a loan is common.

So Bernie and his wife are under investigation, yet another Democrat running for president in 2016 was selling US foreign policy for personal gain and there is no investigation? The DC political establishment strikes again.

Agreed. This is politics as usual. It's really nothing, but it's the headlines that do the damage. All most people see is that Bernie is just another crook too.

My first thought when I read the thread title was that Bernie was being investigated for instigating violence against Trump supporters.
He's part of the investigation for using his position to help secure a loan the college couldn't afford which subsequently bankrupt the school forcing closure. It's not glamorous, but if is illegal.
(06-26-2017, 08:37 AM)FBT Wrote: [ -> ]He's part of the investigation for using his position to help secure a loan the college couldn't afford which subsequently bankrupt the school forcing closure.   It's not glamorous, but if is illegal.

Oh, I didn't catch that part. I thought it was just her embellishing on the application.

That said, this is still something politicians do all the time. It's not like Trump wouldn't use his position to get something he wants done, so just how illegal is this? 
(06-26-2017, 12:04 PM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-26-2017, 08:37 AM)FBT Wrote: [ -> ]He's part of the investigation for using his position to help secure a loan the college couldn't afford which subsequently bankrupt the school forcing closure.   It's not glamorous, but if is illegal.

Oh, I didn't catch that part. I thought it was just her embellishing on the application.

That said, this is still something politicians do all the time. It's not like Trump wouldn't use his position to get something he wants done, so just how illegal is this? 

If Trump did anything to influence something to benefit his businesses by using his position, he'd be just as guilty.  There are ethics laws that cover this.  If Sanders used his position as Senator to influence a bank decision over a loan that shouldn't have been issued to begin with, and that loan was subsequently defaulted on because it never should have been issued, he could be charged with conspiracy to commit bank fraud with his wife.  Will it happen?  Probably not, but the fact that he's part of the investigation should send up flags.  All those folks who were feeling the Bern are now seeing the real Bernie Sanders, and all his chatter about free this or that is nothing more than political pandering to those who eat it up like trained lap dogs.  The guy is a fraud.  He's definitely not a man of the people.