Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Bouye a Top Ten CB; Ramsey not yet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a really good discussion on the top ten CBs in the league.

If you happen to be at work, be advised the information is audio.  It's also 48 minutes in length.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/06/26/nfl-b...aqib-talib

Bouye is 7th, per these guys.  The discussion regarding Bouye begins at 17:59.
Before I listen, are these guys professional or in a garage?
(07-03-2017, 08:17 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Before I listen, are these guys professional or in a garage?

Well, it IS sports illustrated.

You can draw your own conclusions from that.
Bouye had one good year, and it was his contract year. Ramsey was a star in college and a top CB in his only year so far in the NFL. I'm much less concerned about Ramsey living up to the hype.
Ramsey will be near the top of everyone's CB list in due time.
Our secondary sure is looking good on paper, and our pass rush with Calais has to be improved. It's not going to be easy for teams to pass on us, which probably means that teams will look to run the ball. I sure hope Myles Jack is ready at MLB.
(07-03-2017, 10:56 AM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]Our secondary sure is looking good on paper, and our pass rush with Calais has to be improved. It's not going to be easy for teams to pass on us, which probably means that teams will look to run the ball. I sure hope Myles Jack is ready at MLB.

If everyone plays up to capabilities meaning
  • Myles Jack is ready and plays well
  • Bouye is not a contract year wonder
  • Ramsey improves from last year
  • the pass rush improves
then this defense will will be a top five unit.

On paper a comparison with the Texans' defense would be interesting if all of the above happened.

They are stronger in the front seven, while we are stronger in the back seven.  Specifically, their defensive line is better than ours, and our secondary is better than theirs.

Question is, which LB corps is better?  Difficult to compare because of different schemes and different roles & responsibilities.  Right now, I'd have to give the edge to the Texans.
(07-03-2017, 02:07 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-03-2017, 10:56 AM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]Our secondary sure is looking good on paper, and our pass rush with Calais has to be improved. It's not going to be easy for teams to pass on us, which probably means that teams will look to run the ball. I sure hope Myles Jack is ready at MLB.

If everyone plays up to capabilities meaning
  • Myles Jack is ready and plays well
  • Bouye is not a contract year wonder
  • Ramsey improves from last year
  • the pass rush improves
then this defense will will be a top five unit.

On paper a comparison with the Texans' defense would be interesting if all of the above happened.

They are stronger in the front seven, while we are stronger in the back seven.  Specifically, their defensive line is better than ours, and our secondary is better than theirs.

Question is, which LB corps is better?  Difficult to compare because of different schemes and different roles & responsibilities.  Right now, I'd have to give the edge to the Texans.

The Jaguars defense has new starters all over the place so there's sure to be a learning curve. I used this term early in regards to the entire team, but it's all aspects of the team. The Texans have been playing together as a unit for some time so naturally they're going to be better out of the gate. That said, without Bouye, teams will finally be able to find an open WR.

By season's end let's compare.
What do you think Madden ratings will look like for Ramsey?

I'm thinking low 90's
Ramsey is going to be elite. He's in the same mold as Patrick Peterson. Easily.
I agree. Same mold as Patrick Peterson and more range than Richard Sherman. And he's more physical than both.