Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: What do you think our defensive scheme will look like in 2017?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was just wondering, what you think our defensive scheme will look like in 2017? Do you think we'll be running a 4-3 scheme, a 3-4 scheme or God forbid, we keep this hybrid 4-3 scheme?

The new coaching staff needs to figure out where Fowler can be most effective. If his skill set is Maximized at SAM, I can see this team utilizing a traditional 4-3 with Yannick and their 1st rounder (hopefully Garrett) as pass rushers. A linebacking corps of Smith, Jack and Fowler could be dominant with good coaching. 

Yeah I would like Fowler to have a James Harrison type role, but he was in a 3-4 at Pitt. And on that 3&13 to Ebron today we were in zone, I would much like to see man coverage on third and long. That being said, Id like a D Coordinator who maximizes the talent, holds players accountable from day 1, and doesn't try to push his scheme over the individual players

4-3 with our LBs being Fowler-Jack-Smith. I like it.

Or we could run a 3-4 with a line of

Ngakoue-Miller-Jackson

Fowler-Jack-Poz-Smith

Only problem with the 3-4 is Telvin being a bit small, but it may have better results.

I would imagine we'll run some of both.
We honestly could run either scheme so it just depends on what the new coach wants to run. I am still hoping that Myles Garrett falls into our lap, he would probably be the most talented pass rusher that we have ever had. We are also one more bad season away from getting Derwin James. With a defense of Garrett, Fowler, Ngakoue, Jackson, Telvin, Jack, Ramsey, and Derwin we just need to put Trent Dilfer or Brad Johnson at QB and we are set lol.

Same as this year. My inside sources tell me Gus will be the coach for 2017 and probably even 2018. Khan believes in Gus and trusts the process.
Depends on who the next coach is. Ask me this question again in about six weeks. 

Quote:4-3 with our LBs being Fowler-Jack-Smith. I like it.

Or we could run a 3-4 with a line of

Ngakoue-Miller-Jackson

Fowler-Jack-Poz-Smith

Only problem with the 3-4 is Telvin being a bit small, but it may have better results.

I would imagine we'll run some of both.

Yannick would have to stand up and Poz isn't fast enough for a 3-4 (why he left buffalo)

Odrick-Miller-Jackson

Fowler-Smith-Jack-Yannick