Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Florida Judge Rules Self-Defense Is Unconstitutional
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This ruling is nothing but Male Bovine Droppings

Florida Judge Rules Self-Defense Is Unconstitutional

Much to the chagrin of freedom-haters and black activists, Florida has a “Stand You Ground” law that allows people to defend themselves against violent attackers.

https://downtrend.com/71superb/florida-j...source=fn1
Had the guy who wrote this article bothered to do a simple google search on the judge, he would have discovered that Circuit Judge Milton Hirsch was actually elected to his position in Miami-Dade, and not appointed. His ruling has no bearing on how other courts rule on the updated Stand Your Ground laws. His entire position is predicated on the fact that the legislature didn't have proper standing to make the changes to the SYG law, and that it should have been handled by the state supreme court.

I don't see where Judge Hirsch is ruling against self defense. The author of this article probably needs to take a reading comprehension class or two.
I agree with FBT. This article is trash and pointedly written to trigger gun owners. I am so disgusted by how partisan we have become as a nation. I am a pro 2nd Amendment voter and the judge's ruling has merit.