Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Ramsey vs Arob round 2 training camp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is the match up I am most excited for. Arob got the best of ramsey last year but he was a rookie. Can't wait to see them battle it out one on one. Who wins this year? I still think Arob but it will be close.
For our offense and defenses I hope they both have good days throughout camp and there is no real winner. Or Ramsey locks him down all training camp and Arob feasts on all other corners throughout the year and Ramsey becomes the best CB in the league.
Arob is a legit #1. After his breakout season they had corners and safeties straight up MUGGING him. No flags called. Until after the games were over like the Green Bay game where they admitted like 16 missed penalties. Ridiculous.
^^^ that and he was letting distractions get the best of him which I believe is why he was throwing pouts.
Arob is in contract year and is going to bust out. Unless the Jags franchise him after the season expect this to be the last season of Arob in a Jags uni.
(07-08-2017, 11:53 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: [ -> ]Arob is in contract year and is going to bust out. Unless the Jags franchise him after the season expect this to be the last season of Arob in a Jags uni.

I'm still hoping they extend his this offseason. Linder too.
(07-08-2017, 03:08 PM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-08-2017, 11:53 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: [ -> ]Arob is in contract year and is going to bust out. Unless the Jags franchise him after the season expect this to be the last season of Arob in a Jags uni.

I'm still hoping they extend his this offseason. Linder too.

If the team hasn't already extended a reasonable offer then they need their heads examined. ARob and Linder are no brainer signings at this point the only question should be whether both of them think they can hold out for more.
(07-08-2017, 07:28 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-08-2017, 03:08 PM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm still hoping they extend his this offseason. Linder too.

If the team hasn't already extended a reasonable offer then they need their heads examined. ARob and Linder are no brainer signings at this point the only question should be whether both of them think they can hold out for more.

Why would the front office need it's head examined? New personnel in the front office and coaching staff this year. There's no obligations or reasons for them to start forking over this and that at this time. Despite all the gaudy numbers we're still a terrible football team. 

And if your basis for extending an offer to Robinson is on his stat sheet from 2015. That's a terrible way to go about measuring it. Bortles is a terrible QB. His accuracy is trash. We get that. But Robinson also KILLED us last year with not only dropped passes that were for huge gains but also in the redzone which turned into picks more than once or twice last year. 

He needs to prove himself, along with the team this year on offense that they can produce those 2015 statistics in the FIRST HALF of football games when the games are still winnable instead of waiting to turn it on when it's all but put to bed. 

The only true game Robinson and Bortles impressed me in 2015 was here at home against the Dolphins when they were dropping bombs galore on them in the first half of the game. Other than that it's always been catch up and hurry up and wait.
I think with a decent QB, Arob can put together 7 or 8 thousand yard seasons. With 7-10 TDs.

Could you imagine Arob and Blackmon with Hurns and Lee....wow.
(07-10-2017, 08:10 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-08-2017, 07:28 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]If the team hasn't already extended a reasonable offer then they need their heads examined. ARob and Linder are no brainer signings at this point the only question should be whether both of them think they can hold out for more.

Why would the front office need it's head examined? New personnel in the front office and coaching staff this year. There's no obligations or reasons for them to start forking over this and that at this time. Despite all the gaudy numbers we're still a terrible football team. 

And if your basis for extending an offer to Robinson is on his stat sheet from 2015. That's a terrible way to go about measuring it. Bortles is a terrible QB. His accuracy is trash. We get that. But Robinson also KILLED us last year with not only dropped passes that were for huge gains but also in the redzone which turned into picks more than once or twice last year. 

He needs to prove himself, along with the team this year on offense that they can produce those 2015 statistics in the FIRST HALF of football games when the games are still winnable instead of waiting to turn it on when it's all but put to bed. 

The only true game Robinson and Bortles impressed me in 2015 was here at home against the Dolphins when they were dropping bombs galore on them in the first half of the game. Other than that it's always been catch up and hurry up and wait.

I  can understand the desire for ARob to prove that 2015 wasn't a fluke, although from what I've seen enough to know he's easily our best WR deserves the money. If they wait though, I do get that. Linder, on the other hand, deserves some money. He's done nothing but prove himself over and over again. Some might say Telvin should get paid as well, but I'd wait on him to make sure we're doing the right thing at LB. There have been games when he's sort of disappeared, and his big plays last year were considerably less than in 2015.

That said, I'd hate to see any of these guys actually hitting free agency, and if we don't lock them up this offseason, we risk that possibility.
Telvin is an easy decision for me. Linder and Arob are too. All 3 will get paid. It's about time we resign some of our draft picks.
Is Arob Braylon Edwards 2.0?
(07-12-2017, 09:01 AM)Monty Wrote: [ -> ]Is Arob Braylon Edwards 2.0?

Braylon who? 
(07-12-2017, 01:24 PM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-12-2017, 09:01 AM)Monty Wrote: [ -> ]Is Arob Braylon Edwards 2.0?

Braylon who? 

Exactly.  I hope not but last year has me worried (of course Bortles wasn't helping).
Arob is head and shoulders above Edwards.
(07-12-2017, 05:00 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Arob is head and shoulders above Edwards.

Edwards was a phenomenal college player. Unfortunately his pro career didnt go the same.
Working. Moss earning a few extra bucks??

https://twitter.com/Thee_AR15/status/885...32/video/1
(07-11-2017, 02:39 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]I think with a decent QB, Arob can put together 7 or 8 thousand yard seasons. With 7-10 TDs.

Could you imagine Arob and Blackmon with Hurns and Lee....wow.

Fun to think about but really, if Blackmon had been "The Man", we probably wouldn't have Arob and possibly not Lee.
The good thing is that just by practicing against each other, they will both benefit. Both will get better just by practicing against each other.

Huh??

You really think AR15 is gone?
Based on what? Jags are gonna lock him up and make him top 5 paid WR if he has a great year. And if his year is mediocre I don't think the market will be booming for him.

The only way AR15 isn't a Jag next season is if he has another down year AND Lee balls out. Lee will get paid, AR will walk, with Hurns and Westbrook being the 2 and 3.

But Hurns contract is set in a way that if he doesn't have a good enough year, we can be done with him and be able to pay Lee and ARob.

Linder will get his no matter what and probably is a priority over all.