Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Why I Prefer Instant Coffee
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
1) You can make it as strong as you want. 

2) It's a lot quicker than brewing a pot with a drip coffee maker.

3) Less waste- no grounds or used filters to deal with.

4) You don't have to clean that moldy coffee maker. 

5) It tastes just as good- just throw some milk in there and you can't tell the difference. 

If you use a drip coffee maker, after a month or so it gets really nasty, full of mold, the coffee tastes like crap, and you have to go to the store and get some white vinegar to clean it, and you never really get it clean.  Plus you have all those used coffee grounds, and if you let it sit on the burner for more than 5 minutes, it tastes like filling station coffee.  If you use a Keurig or something like that, you pay so much for those little containers of coffee it's ridiculous.
We've recently taken on a renovation project on our investment home in Lakewood Ranch (Sarasota) and lived off of instant coffee for 5 days straight. I must admit it was pretty good as we mixed it with a little of the instant hazelnut creamer. To be honest, I may have liked it better than the current coffee that we're using at home.
I went and visited my brother a couple of weeks ago (Stationed at Moody AFB).. Him and his wife have one of them K-Cup things.. I made fun of them before, but I was really impressed with em and thinkin about getting one myself.. Quick and good.. Sometimes like my women..
I want a Nespresso. So good.
(07-10-2017, 10:13 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]I went and visited my brother a couple of weeks ago (Stationed at Moody AFB).. Him and his wife have one of them K-Cup things.. I made fun of them before, but I was really impressed with em and thinkin about getting one myself.. Quick and good.. Sometimes like my women..

Think of the long term cost of K-Cups. 50 cents a cup, how many cups a day, times 365 days a year, times 10 years. That vs a 2-week trip to Europe, or club seats to Jags games, or whatever else. K-cups are a ridiculous amount to pay for coffee.
I don't drink coffee.
(07-10-2017, 10:13 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]I went and visited my brother a couple of weeks ago (Stationed at Moody AFB).. Him and his wife have one of them K-Cup things.. I made fun of them before, but I was really impressed with em and thinkin about getting one myself.. Quick and good.. Sometimes like my women..

They also come with a little cup you can fill with whatever coffe you normally drink and it's a lot cheaper than buying those k cups all the time.
(07-10-2017, 11:12 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [ -> ]

They also come with a little cup you can fill with whatever coffe you normally drink and it's a lot cheaper than buying those k cups all the time.

Then what's the point?  The main selling point of a K-cup coffeemaker is that it's quick and easy. But if you get the adapter and use your own ground coffee, it's not quick and easy. It's the same as a drip coffee maker. You just spent a couple of hundred bucks on a K-cup coffee maker and you kind of defeated the purpose.
They only spent like $80 for their Krueger (sp?) from Target.. Maybe I'll wait till Black Friday and look for one then..
Using Keurig is great if you're into filling up our landfills; very hypocritical from a state (Vermont) that claims to be green.
I brew my coffee in a percolator. Instant coffee can't touch it.
I want my coffee like I want my ex-wife...
(07-10-2017, 11:37 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-10-2017, 11:12 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [ -> ]They also come with a little cup you can fill with whatever coffe you normally drink and it's a lot cheaper than buying those k cups all the time.

Then what's the point?  The main selling point of a K-cup coffeemaker is that it's quick and easy. But if you get the adapter and use your own ground coffee, it's not quick and easy. It's the same as a drip coffee maker. You just spent a couple of hundred bucks on a K-cup coffee maker and you kind of defeated the purpose.

It takes all of five seconds to fill the little cup, I'm sorry that's not "quick and easy" enough for you. Plus you don't have a non biodegradable plastic container, or a coffee filter to throw away. It's a win/win situation for a couple of extra seconds.
I've got the Keurig as well and use both K-cups and the refillable filter. I like being able to brew a cup at a time as it's always a fresh brew. Fyi, Mega Liquidation Center on Merril has K-cups for as little as $19.99 per hundred.
(07-11-2017, 08:43 AM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]

That was actually pretty cool --- didn't realize it ever went to a liquid compound
(07-10-2017, 12:43 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Using Keurig is great if you're into filling up our landfills; very hypocritical from a state (Vermont) that claims to be green.

Oh wow.. Now I don't want one.. 

Yeah I do haha.. I don't care about landfills..
Nothing beats freshed brewed
I use a stainless steel coffee drip cone. No filter needed, I make it as strong as I want and one cup at a time. It make take a few minutes but I don't care. We had a Kuering thing until my husband read somewhere how easily they get moldy inside the machine because they never fully dry out. There is always water in it somewhere. He works in wastewater and is very paranoid about germs, bacteria, viruses, etc., and told me to research a more sanitary way to make coffee. The drip cone was it. The best coffee- ever.
I brew mine in an Aeropress with a stainless steel filter. a little bit more time consuming, but the end result is so worth it for that first, necessary cup of Java. In other news, i should never try to human without coffee, the last few days have proven that too me, LOL.
Pages: 1 2