Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Some good news
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We're #1 !!! 
We're #1 !!!

Florida #1 in fiscal responsibility
Notice how this gets ignored by the usual lefties?
Great news. Not shocked that my state (WV) is below average.
(07-18-2017, 07:05 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Notice how this gets ignored by the usual lefties?

They loathe Rick Scott.
(07-18-2017, 08:25 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-18-2017, 07:05 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Notice how this gets ignored by the usual lefties?

They loathe Rick Scott.

Indeed they do.
Some of "them" don't live in Florida and don't give a rat's [BLEEP].

They loathe Rick Scott.

In many ways and for many reasons I do, yes, but the man has demonstrated that he knows how to build and maintain an economy. I'm rather sad that Trump didn't name his Secretary of the Treasury (and not just because it would have gotten him out of here).

They loathe Rick Scott.

I loathe Rick Scott too....

but I hate both sides of the aisle equally

Smile

They loathe Rick Scott.

They really do.  Especially state workers.  They hate the guy because of things like the subject of this thread.  For all the bluster about what a corrupt guy he is, he's turned out to be a pretty effective governor, and that cannot be tolerated.
(07-13-2017, 05:35 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: [ -> ]We're #1 !!! 
We're #1 !!!

Florida #1 in fiscal responsibility

Now thats something to be proud of. I was shocked that Illinois was only 49. Actually the real shock is that KY is 46 (where I currently reside). How can a red state be so bad?

(07-18-2017, 07:51 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-18-2017, 08:25 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]They loathe Rick Scott.

In many ways and for many reasons I do, yes, but the man has demonstrated that he knows how to build and maintain an economy. I'm rather sad that Trump didn't name his Secretary of the Treasury (and not just because it would have gotten him out of here).

Admittedly, Scott, for all his flaws, is actually great on economic policy. Even if he sold I4 to foreigners for 40 years (crony capitalism at its finest)
(07-18-2017, 11:14 AM)rollerjag Wrote: [ -> ]Some of "them" don't live in Florida and don't give a rat's [BLEEP].

Ok, so there's one.  Any other liberals want to ad void it or attempt to be outraged?
(07-20-2017, 10:57 AM)FBT Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-18-2017, 08:25 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]They loathe Rick Scott.

They really do.  Especially state workers.  They hate the guy because of things like the subject of this thread.  For all the bluster about what a corrupt guy he is, he's turned out to be a pretty effective governor, and that cannot be tolerated.

My parents are teachers, and yeah, they are not fond of Scott. He took over a state with a balanced budget, and cut it back even further (particularly by cuts to teachers salary's, for several years you got to pick between tenure or a raise). And having some knowledge of how the school system is, tenure isn't just for the bad teachers. My parents classes always performed above average, and my step-fathers contract was not 'renewed' anyway at a charter school he was at. The main point being, even if your class is one of the highest performing in the state, you still want tenure.

But Scott cutting down the size of the government is a move that always results in growth, so he may be a lot of things, but economically hes much better than most politicians.