Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jodi Whittaker take lead roll of Doctor Who.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For the first time in 60 years the time lord known as Doctor Who has regenerated into a woman. Jodie Whittaker takes the lead roll. Personally I'm excited to see how it plays out. There's is some backlash  but as a fan of broadchurch, I'm thrilled to see her take the roll.

Anxious to see what the eleventh doctor thinks.
I have not seen Broadchurch but she was outstanding in "The Entire History of You" Ep. of Black Mirror.

I think the bigger deal will be is the writing going to get better? Capaldi tried hard to carry through some poor writing in my oppinion. I hear it is on Broadchurch and the writer of that show is now running Doctor Who.
(07-17-2017, 05:32 PM)boudreaumw Wrote: [ -> ]I have not seen Broadchurch but she was outstanding in "The Entire History of You" Ep. of Black Mirror.

I think the bigger deal will be is the writing going to get better? Capaldi tried hard to carry through some poor writing in my oppinion. I hear it is on Broadchurch and the writer of that show is now running Doctor Who.

Broadchurch was very good. i would describe it like a british version of The Killing on netflix. David Tennant is an awesome actor as well. honestly the doctor trended downward after he left. Interested to see how things change when Jodie steps into the roll.
(07-17-2017, 05:46 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-17-2017, 05:32 PM)boudreaumw Wrote: [ -> ]I have not seen Broadchurch but she was outstanding in "The Entire History of You" Ep. of Black Mirror.

Broadchurch was very good. i would describe it like a british version of The Killing on netflix. David Tennant is an awesome actor as well. honestly the doctor trended downward after he left. Interested to see how things change when Jodie steps into the roll.

Yeah Tennant was the high point for me also. I think it is impacted by when you start watching. I know a grip of people that started watching during Matt Smith's run and he's the barometer for them.

I need to check out Broadchurch. Don't think I have heard anyone bag on it at all.
I don't think I've ever seen one Dr. Who episode.. But if she's hot, I may give it a go..
(07-17-2017, 06:15 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think I've ever seen one Dr. Who episode..  But if she's hot, I may give it a go..

I wouldn't exactly call her "eye candy".  35 but looks 42.  Wouldn't kill ya if had to though.
It's a good choice! Only disappointed she's not ginger. Should be interesting to see what direction Chibnall takes the series.

Glad we get a female doctor too. My eldest three were really excited about it when they found out. (They were raised Whovian). I know Sydney Newman (Creator of Doctor Who) wanted to do a female doctor, and it was discussed even back as far as the fourth doctor. So the backlash is pretty silly. Especially since we've had Missy for a while now (and she was pretty fantastic)
Word has it she's already backed into a planet while trying to park the TARDIS.
(07-17-2017, 07:50 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: [ -> ]It's a good choice! Only disappointed she's not ginger. Should be interesting to see what direction Chibnall takes the series.

Glad we get a female doctor too. My eldest three were really excited about it when they found out. (They were raised Whovian). I know Sydney Newman (Creator of Doctor Who) wanted to do a female doctor, and it was discussed even back as far as the fourth doctor. So the backlash is pretty silly. Especially since we've had Missy for a while now (and she was pretty fantastic)

I like the choice. I mean, time lords don't really have gender preference from my understanding, so i don't think that there will be any issue with the whole marriage between him/her a rivers song deal. Plus the show can basically take what ever turn and implement anything they want at any given time which is really why i enjoy watching. If you get a chance watch Rivers' reaction to the announcement, they caught it on video because she was at a live event on stage when it was announced and the crowd got to tell her lol.

What was always interesting to me is how Amy Pond is actually river song's mother and technically the doctor's mother in-law but during the show, was younger that both of them. Funny how things can work out when time doesn't go on a linear scale.