Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Ouch - 50 future headlines from the 2017 NFL season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-19-2017, 05:33 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]Read number 5 and 22

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...nfl-season

And 29.
Not sure I agree about #3 and #22 but #29 is my biggest fear. I just don't think Fournette is the generational talent that being picked in the top five at RB should require.
This is a joke. Number 40?! Hahahaha ok
A coup. Haha. That word always makes me laugh. Can't Tom just fire Dave?

Edit: oops. Take over as HC. Reading.
Is that J-Dub referenced in #5?
These are bold predictions. But i"ll say we start off 2 - 1. So that ices No. 5. The tacks aren't ready yet to be the team of the South. That defense still concerns me. So I didn't flinch at No. 22. No. 29 just won't happen. Fournette is probably going to get close to 350 touches overall. McCaffrey and Cook may not have the size to hold up for that much workload as rookies.
Too bad TC wasn't hired to take over HC position if we falter... he was hired to take over GM duties if Caldwell slips....

Stupid NFL.com is well... stupid.
^this..
"If Caldwell slips?" Dave should of lost his job last year. It was "Dave's Team" that "was built." It was his head coach that will go down as one of the worst head coaches in NFL history.
LOL!!!!!!

I think it's comical that you clowns think Dave should lose his job. If that was the case, don't you think the people who actually have some sort of a clue in the business, would have made that decision?
(07-21-2017, 03:29 AM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]LOL!!!!!!

I think it's comical that you clowns think Dave should lose his job. If that was the case, don't you think the people who actually have some sort of a clue in the business, would have made that decision?

My good friend let me say it's pointless to argue with people that are emotional about the team
Okay if we go 0-3 the only question that makes sense is why did we stick with Bortles? And even if went 2-6. Tom still wouldn't become head coach. But Caldwell probably be fired. And I do not see an issue with the Cook vs Mccaf for OROY.

Fournette will not be used as much as most people think. Ivory is much better then has shown.
(07-21-2017, 07:29 AM)Teal Time Radio Wrote: [ -> ]Okay if we go 0-3 the only question that makes sense is why did we stick with Bortles?  And even if went 2-6.  Tom still wouldn't become head coach.  But Caldwell probably be fired.  And I do not see an issue with the Cook vs Mccaf for OROY.  

Fournette will not be used as much as most people think.  Ivory is much better then has shown.

Well... maybe Bortles plays well and we still go 0-3?

I think Fournette is going to be a bell cow back man. I really don't think you draft a RB that high and expect him to split carries aside from the occasional spell.
Zeke (4th overall?) had 322 rushing attempts
Next highest was Morris with 69, then Dak (QB) with 57, then DMac with 24.

LF is going to get close to 300 carries, Ivory won't get more than 70, imo.
But I agree, the shifty RB/WR guys like Cook and Christian will have flashier stats on teams that are likely to do better overall so I don't expect LF to be in OROY discussion.
Im not trusting an article that has the Giants winning the SB. smh

(07-20-2017, 07:34 AM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]Too bad TC wasn't hired to take over HC position if we falter... he was hired to take over GM duties if Caldwell slips....

Stupid NFL.com is well... stupid.

Just like I said in my post. And they predicted the Giants to win the SB.

What planet do you live on?  Dave got unoffically demoted when they hired Tom Coughlin.  His head coach and his record speak for itself.  ON any decent team he would of been fired.  The jaguars give players, coaches, and front end personal way too much room to hang themselves. Thats why this franchise is in the state it has been.  Too many people like you making excuses for every sap as a Jaguar.

The "people with a clue" went 15-49 over the past four years.
A national writer predicting negative things for the Jags.. Shocker.

STEAL THE SHOW.
Those are going to be the headlines until the Jags prove them wrong. It's just the way of the lazy NFL journalist.