Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington dead at 41
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a sad ending to a human life.  http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/20/entertainm...index.html

While I wasn't and am not a huge Linkin Park fan, I did enjoy some of their music.

One thing that puzzles me to this day is how someone can get to the point in their life and be so depressed where they think that suicide is the answer.
What is it about artistic people with so much talent that do not or cannot appreciate what they have? The list is long and continues to expand. Another extremely talented person has taken their own life. SMH! I will never understand.......
The clock ticks life away
It's so unreal
Six kids...so sad.
Our family has lost someone to suicide. My wife was a board member on the local chapter of the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. If anyone is ever considering taking their own life we urge you to seek help and at least call the suicide prevention number 1-800-273-8255.

Sad news.
This breaks my heart. Linkin Park has been my favorite band for the last 17 years. They were a bucket list show for me that I never got to attend. I feel for his wife and kiddos.
On Chris Cornell's birthday. I'm guessing that's what pushed him over the edge.
I saw LP live at an Ozzfest like 15 or so years ago when they were first breaking out. They rocked pretty hard.. Too bad...
The band has been a top charter for over a decade. Pretty impressive run, and ended in a stupid way.
I feel bad for his children but it good they will receive a nice nest egg provided to them. Unlike most children who deal with the same circumstance
He was apparently a victim of sexual and physical abuse as a young child. Too often the demons which inspire creative genius also gnaw away at the soul.

RIP
(07-21-2017, 04:28 PM)rollerjag Wrote: [ -> ]He was apparently a victim of sexual and physical abuse as a young child. Too often the demons which inspire creative genius also gnaw away at the soul.

RIP

Not to mention if what I just read about what his wife is true pilled on to that...RIP
(07-21-2017, 08:35 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-21-2017, 04:28 PM)rollerjag Wrote: [ -> ]He was apparently a victim of sexual and physical abuse as a young child. Too often the demons which inspire creative genius also gnaw away at the soul.

RIP

Not to mention if what I just read about what his wife is true pilled on to that...RIP

What about her? I saw that her twitter account was hacked by some seriously sick individual.
(07-20-2017, 05:13 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]This is a sad ending to a human life.  http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/20/entertainm...index.html

While I wasn't and am not a huge Linkin Park fan, I did enjoy some of their music.

One thing that puzzles me to this day is how someone can get to the point in their life and be so depressed where they think that suicide is the answer.

I was there 10 years ago but I survived and was hospitalized twice. Never thought I would be. I was one of those who always called those who commit suicide a bunch of selfish cowards. It's amazing what we are capable of given the 'perfect storm' of circumstances. For those who have never been that low due to depression, addiction, etc., it can't be explained to you and I hope you never, ever reach that point.

(07-21-2017, 12:02 PM)Browntrouser Wrote: [ -> ]The band has been a top charter for over a decade. Pretty impressive run, and ended in a stupid way.
I feel bad for his children but it good they will receive a nice nest egg provided to them. Unlike most children who deal with the same circumstance

Unnecessary comment. If you haven't been there, don't judge.

Yes, this is a very personal subject. We'll leave it at that.
(07-21-2017, 08:39 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-21-2017, 08:35 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]Not to mention if what I just read about what his wife is true pilled on to that...RIP

What about her? I saw that her twitter account was hacked by some seriously sick individual.

Those post were due to someone hacking her account?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
(07-22-2017, 01:05 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-21-2017, 08:39 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [ -> ]What about her? I saw that her twitter account was hacked by some seriously sick individual.

Those post were due to someone hacking her account?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...-home.html
I saw Metallica, Linkin Park, and Limp Bizkit in Orlando years ago. What a show. What a shame.
(07-22-2017, 02:14 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-22-2017, 01:05 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]Those post were due to someone hacking her account?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...-home.html

That was good to hear. Those hacked post were brutal