Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Camp Question/Thoughts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Being that rookies reported Wed and QBs today, what benefit is that? I know the first day must be classroom learning, but does that mean the Rookies can start doing some drills today and QBs join in Monday before the first full practice on Thursday?
I believe the CBA prevents that.
It's all classroom work until next week, although there may be some "voluntary" drills that happen "spontaneously" without the knowledge of the coaches.
(07-21-2017, 09:32 AM)FBT Wrote: [ -> ]It's all classroom work until next week, although there may be some "voluntary" drills that happen "spontaneously" without the knowledge of the coaches.

Maybe Bortles and Westbrook decide to play catch after class? lol
(07-21-2017, 07:12 AM)mvannostran Wrote: [ -> ]Being that rookies reported Wed and QBs today, what benefit is that? I know the first day must be classroom learning, but does that mean the Rookies can start doing some drills today and QBs join in Monday before the first full practice on Thursday?

I expect it's mostly an attempt to get the rookies up to speed with the playbook and terminology.
(07-21-2017, 11:22 AM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-21-2017, 09:32 AM)FBT Wrote: [ -> ]It's all classroom work until next week, although there may be some "voluntary" drills that happen "spontaneously" without the knowledge of the coaches.

Maybe Bortles and Westbrook decide to play catch after class? lol

Who is Westbrook?
(07-21-2017, 12:06 PM)PAjagsfan Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-21-2017, 11:22 AM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe Bortles and Westbrook decide to play catch after class? lol

Who is Westbrook?

Google says...

Decrick "Dede" Westbrook is an American football wide receiver for the Jacksonville Jaguars of the National Football League. He played college football at Oklahoma. Wikipedia

BornNovember 21, 1993 (age 23), Cameron, TX
Height6′ 0″
NFL Draft2017 / Round: 4 / Pick: 110
Current teamJacksonville Jaguars (#12 / Wide receiver)
SiblingsCorsica WestbrookIverson WestbrookKenneth Montgomery
ParentsCrystal MontgomeryJessie Westbrook
(07-21-2017, 11:22 AM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe Bortles and Westbrook decide to play catch after class? lol

Who is Westbrook?

4th round pick of the Jags
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/d...id=2557895

Who is Westbrook?

The Biletkinoff Award winner

Who is Westbrook?

Oi.... since the question has been answered in multiple ways by other posters... I'll respond with a question: How much of a Jaguars fan are you?
(07-21-2017, 01:11 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-21-2017, 12:06 PM)PAjagsfan Wrote: [ -> ]Who is Westbrook?

Oi.... since the question has been answered in multiple ways by other posters... I'll respond with a question: How much of a Jaguars fan are you?

This is the real question
Mike Kaye:
"Training camp starts in a week and there is legitimately no buzz in the air. Feels weird."
Thats what happens when you have done nothing but rack up L's for a decade.
(07-21-2017, 07:12 AM)mvannostran Wrote: [ -> ]Being that rookies reported Wed and QBs today, what benefit is that? I know the first day must be classroom learning, but does that mean the Rookies can start doing some drills today and QBs join in Monday before the first full practice on Thursday?

Some classroom work, along with other mundane details like getting players fitted with helmets, going through physicals, etc.
(07-21-2017, 01:48 PM)jagboss Wrote: [ -> ]Mike  Kaye:
"Training camp starts in a week and there is legitimately no buzz in the air. Feels weird."

I'm not feeling much of a buzz myself.  I guess I'm just worn out from getting let down every year.
(07-21-2017, 06:23 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm not feeling much of a buzz myself.  I guess I'm just worn out from getting let down every year.
Easy fix. Drink more beer.
(07-21-2017, 06:23 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]

Part of why you may not be feeling the buzz is that the team under Coughlin's guidance is so darn tight-lipped about everything. I'm hoping FBT does his camp reports again this year. That might create some buzz.
Here is some buzz:

For the 3rd consecutive year in a row the Jacksonville Jaguars have won the off season. For the 10th year in a row the Jacksonville Jaguars have been selected to finish 4th in their division.

This my friends is who we are. Spin it anyway you wish but the reality is the fans are not drinking the kool aid this year. We are collectively in a state of "prove it!" I think the organization knows this and is not going to attempt to pump sunshine up our bum. Refreshing to say the least.
I had a thought...

Then I farted..
I honestly think the buzz for the NFL in general is dying down.
Pages: 1 2