Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jeff Sessions - Trump attempting to make him resign
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Trump hitting Jeff Sessions from all angles ....

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-slams-s...09181.html

Thoughts on Trump attempting to get one of his most loyal supporters to resign ??  Personally, I think Jeff Sessions is a little weasel so I really don't give a crap what they do to him.

Hopefully the next AG throws the book at Hillary. She deserves to be in prison. The hypocrisy going on right now is amazing.
(07-25-2017, 10:12 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Hopefully the next AG throws the book at Hillary. She deserves to be in prison. The hypocrisy going on right now is amazing.

I'd be OK with that.

.... I'd like to see Pelosi and Wasserman-Shultz join Hillary in prison as well.    Then they really could state "I'm with Her"
I cringe every time Sessions speaks. He doesn't present well and sounds kind of dumb.
I originally thought Sessions was a good pick. After his stance on civil forfeiture and his increase in marijuana enforcement I'll be happy to see him go. He's not a conservative, he's an authoritarian.
Trump is the CEO of America and runs this country as a business, as it needs to be. You have to appreciate a man who isn't afraid to acknowledge his mistakes, learn from them, and fix them.
(07-25-2017, 11:39 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: [ -> ]I originally thought Sessions was a good pick. After his stance on civil forfeiture and his increase in marijuana enforcement I'll be happy to see him go. He's not a conservative, he's an authoritarian.

Agreed.. Next man up..

Or woman..
He needs to appoint people that are articulate their thoughts. With that in mind, I think Sarah Huckabee-Sanders will be relegated to other (non-communication) duties within a year as well. I too, think we are seeing a change from campaign loyalty to bringing in better reps to serve the Office; regardless of their prior position on various campaign issues.
(07-25-2017, 11:39 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: [ -> ]I originally thought Sessions was a good pick. After his stance on civil forfeiture and his increase in marijuana enforcement I'll be happy to see him go. He's not a conservative, he's an authoritarian.

This.

Add to that recusing himself in the Russia investigation was unnecessary, and simply created more media hype.

I did have high hopes for Sessions, but that job really needs to be filled by a pit bull.
If Trump doesn't want him to be Attorney General, why doesn't he FIRE the guy?  

Flogging the guy on Twitter is so idiotic Trump.
Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump
Following
More
Attorney General Jeff Sessions has taken a VERY weak position on Hillary Clinton crimes (where are E-mails & DNC server) & Intel leakers!

He isn't wrong. The better question is, WHY?
(07-25-2017, 01:48 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump
Following
More
Attorney General Jeff Sessions has taken a VERY weak position on Hillary Clinton crimes (where are E-mails & DNC server) & Intel leakers!

Yes, the question is why.    Since Trump appointed the guy, and since Trump has the power to FIRE the guy, why doesn't Trump just go ahead and fire him?

Maybe the answer is, if Trump fires Jeff Sessions, who was one of the first people to endorse Trump and who has stood by him through thick and thin, who is going to want the job of Attorney General? And if Trump did find anyone who would take the job, who would the Senate be willing to confirm without first getting a promise that he or she would not fire Mueller?

Trump's really being stupid. As usual.
(07-25-2017, 05:04 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-25-2017, 01:48 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump
Following
More

Yes, the question is why.    Since Trump appointed the guy, and since Trump has the power to FIRE the guy, why doesn't Trump just go ahead and fire him?

Maybe the answer is, if Trump fires Jeff Sessions, who was one of the first people to endorse Trump and who has stood by him through thick and thin, who is going to want the job of Attorney General?   And if Trump did find anyone who would take the job, who would the Senate be willing to confirm without first getting a promise that he or she would not fire Mueller?  

Trump's really being stupid.  As usual.

You're right. Trump is stepping on his crank again. This is a matter he should be addressing face to face with Sessions. Publicly throwing his own guy under the bus only serves to undermine the credibility of both.
I didn't care for Sessions from the get-go. He's one of those "so far right that he might actually be a little fascist" types, and not in the sense that particularly whiny liberals call Trump a fascist. He genuinely seems like the type who would set his sights on a lightweight police state if given the chance.

(07-25-2017, 01:28 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]If Trump doesn't want him to be Attorney General, why doesn't he FIRE the guy?
Trump is already five and a half feet under within his own party. Firing his first, strongest ally would take care of the last six inches. Make no mistake: Trump will be forced from office, and it will not be because of Russia. It will be because he does something that pisses the GOP off so much that they finally get on board with Russia.
@realDonaldTrump
Following
More

Trump is trying to motivate Sessions not get rid of him, he even talks about using this tactic in the art of the deal. If he thinks an employee is underperforming he gives them some critic, and if they are good, they will bounce back with their best work.
This clown runs the country like it's a reality show. The scary thing is his supporters love it.
(07-26-2017, 10:30 PM)rollerjag Wrote: [ -> ]This clown runs the country like it's a reality show. The scary thing is his supporters love it.

Literally!

It's like an episode of Real Housewives, where they have the participants address the camera and talk about how she hates one of the other housewives. 

"I'm so disappointed in Jeff..."

(07-26-2017, 09:00 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: [ -> ]
@realDonaldTrump
Following
More

Trump is trying to motivate Sessions not get rid of him, he even talks about using this tactic in the art of the deal. If he thinks an employee is underperforming he gives them some critic, and if they are good, they will bounce back with their best work.

Berating a subordinate in public is very bad management.  Any decent manager knows that.  You praise him in public, you criticize him in private, face to face.   Trump criticizing Sessions in public undercuts Sessions and makes Trump look like a coward.
Wasn't a big fan of Sessions anyway.
However... I don't think he's trying to get him to resign.

He's just being Trump.
Sessions just arrived in El Salvador.

Any chance Trump revokes his passport ..... lol

(07-27-2017, 03:05 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Sessions just arrived in El Salvador.

Any chance Trump revokes his passport ..... lol

"I'm not firing Jeff. I would never fire Jeff. Jeff's a great guy, great AG. But Jeff's not here. He's being held in El Salvador pending a criminal investigation. It may take years. Eight years, even. This nation can't be without an attorney general for that long, so I'm bringing in a good friend of mine, a great man, great great man, Yosemite Sam to take the role on an interim basis. You're gonna love this guy, I promise."