Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Florida Times Union - Jaguars sign CB Stanley Jean-Baptiste
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Former 2nd round pick of the saints in 2014. I remember a few posters here clamoring for him in 2014. Roster now stands at 90.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...-baptiste/
Watched him at Nebraska make the switch from WR to CB. Hoping he sticks around and shows something.
Stanley Jean-Baptiste (a.k.a. the French Blanket) doesn't look the part of a CB

[Image: tumblr_inline_njrpoeYPOq1to30la.jpg]
Nice^
Has anyone else noticed that we keep signing CBs. I thought they really liked Josh Johnson, but this is making me start to wonder.

Again, most teams only keep five CBs and that's probably going to be the case here unless Jalen sticks as the 6th guy for his ST talent. But just look at how many we have now...

1. Jalen Ramsey
  2. AJ Bouye
  3. Aaron Colvin
  4. Josh Johnson
  5. Brian Dixon
  6. Jalen Myrick
  7. Tyler Patmon
  8. Doran Grant
  9. Tracy Howard
  10. Taurean Nixon
  11. Ezra Robinson
  12. Stanley Jean-Baptiste
Whew!
(07-25-2017, 04:42 PM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone else noticed that we keep signing CBs. I thought they really liked Josh Johnson, but this is making me start to wonder.

Again, most teams only keep five CBs and that's probably going to be the case here unless Jalen sticks as the 6th guy for his ST talent. But just look at how many we have now...

1. Jalen Ramsey
  2. AJ Bouye
  3. Aaron Colvin
  4. Josh Johnson
  5. Brian Dixon
  6. Jalen Myrick
  7. Tyler Patmon
  8. Doran Grant
  9. Tracy Howard
  10. Taurean Nixon
  11. Ezra Robinson
Whew!

Why Dixon over Myrick?
(07-25-2017, 04:42 PM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone else noticed that we keep signing CBs. I thought they really liked Josh Johnson, but

It's not about how much they like Johnson. It's about Colvin and Ramsey being on PUP and the team currently having an open roster spot. 

May as well grab another CB to shore up your depth in case you end up with banged up starters.  A former 2nd round pick may be worth a look in preseason.

(07-25-2017, 05:55 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-25-2017, 04:42 PM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone else noticed that we keep signing CBs. I thought they really liked Josh Johnson, but this is making me start to wonder.

1. Jalen Ramsey
  2. AJ Bouye
  3. Aaron Colvin
  4. Josh Johnson
  5. Brian Dixon
  6. Jalen Myrick
  7. Tyler Patmon
  8. Doran Grant
  9. Tracy Howard
  10. Taurean Nixon
  11. Ezra Robinson
Whew!

Why Dixon over Myrick?

If you believe any of the news from OTAs -  Doran Grant would actually be 5th on that list - but truly ranking that long list of DBs is pretty impossible beyond #4 right now.
when your top 3 starters are planning to miss time or have missed time in the offseason and going into training camp it gives you a chance to throw a lot of reps at players who wouldn't normally get those reps and find out which ones can play.
Jaguars sign CB Stanley Jean-Baptiste

http://jacksonville.com/sports/jaguars/2...n-baptiste

The Jaguars reached their 90-man roster limit Tuesday by signing cornerback Stanley Jean-Baptiste.
The Jaguars looked to add cornerback depth because Jalen Ramsey (abdominal) and Aaron Colvin (foot) are on th
(07-25-2017, 05:55 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote: [ -> ]

1. Jalen Ramsey
  2. AJ Bouye
  3. Aaron Colvin
  4. Josh Johnson
  5. Brian Dixon
  6. Jalen Myrick
  7. Tyler Patmon
  8. Doran Grant
  9. Tracy Howard
  10. Taurean Nixon
  11. Ezra Robinson
Whew!

Why Dixon over Myrick?

Experience... although this is more a list than a ranking. There's no way to rank these guys.