Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Texans' LT Duane Brown a Holdout?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...t-a-while/

Hopefully he holds out past week one.
Keep holdin' out buddy!
(07-26-2017, 12:50 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...t-a-while/

Florio always brings the holdout through the season topic up every summer.  Clearly it's not impossible, but I've never seen him be right.
(07-28-2017, 02:55 PM)cland Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-26-2017, 12:50 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...t-a-while/

Florio always brings the holdout through the season topic up every summer.  Clearly it's not impossible, but I've never seen him be right.

He usually will speculate about a worst case scenario that never comes to fruition.

Most holdouts eventually report.  The John Riggins, Errict Rhett and Sean Gilbert type year long holdout rarely happens.

But from my perspective, there's nothing wrong with rooting for him to have a lengthy holdout.
Good news. Even if he comes in week 4 of the preseason would be nice. It might take a couple games for him to wear off the rust
As long as Blake Bortles starts week 1 I'm not worried lol
Great news.
(07-29-2017, 11:20 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: [ -> ]As long as Blake Bortles starts week 1 I'm not worried lol

As a texans fan I wouldn't be worried about Blake either. You have other things more important like who your QB is going to be, who he is going to throw to, the LT (really whole OL), if Watt can stay off the sideline this year, and who you have behind that D-line that can play. Oh wait...LOL
From today's Houston Chronicle...

Quote:There hasn't been a Duane Brown sighting since last season. Brown, the left tackle who's entering his 10th season and is the team's best offensive lineman, is unhappy with a contract that has two years remaining.

If Brown fails to report, he won't count against the roster, but it'll cost him about $553,000 a week over 17 weeks of regular season.

If Brown doesn't return, the Texans' four tackles will be veterans Kendall Lamm, Breno Giacomini, Chris Clark and rookie Julién Davenport.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/c...164798.php

Duane Brown has been a fine pro player, and you have to assume he knows how to stay in shape.

However, even if he returns tomorrow, you have to wonder whether he will be in the proverbial "football shape" for the game against us, especially since he is going against defenders that have been heavy in pads all camp.

That said, given this team's woeful history, it may not matter.  We've had games against depleted OLs (the 41-0 loss at Seattle) and depleted secondaries (2004 vs. tacks) and it didn't matter.
(08-02-2017, 06:42 PM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-29-2017, 11:20 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: [ -> ]As long as Blake Bortles starts week 1 I'm not worried lol

As a texans fan I wouldn't be worried about Blake either. You have other things more important like who your QB is going to be, who he is going to throw to, the LT (really whole OL), if Watt can stay off the sideline this year, and who you have behind that D-line that can play. Oh wait...LOL

Nobody is worried about who our QB will be. Doug  Marrone officially announced Blake Bortles will start in Houston. You also are wrong about the OL. Brandon Linder is very good as both a guard and center. Cam Robinson is a better run blocker than Kelvin Beachum. And if you think WR is a weakness in Jacksonville, you need to get your eyes checked.
(08-31-2017, 07:31 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-02-2017, 06:42 PM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]As a texans fan I wouldn't be worried about Blake either. You have other things more important like who your QB is going to be, who he is going to throw to, the LT (really whole OL), if Watt can stay off the sideline this year, and who you have behind that D-line that can play. Oh wait...LOL

Nobody is worried about who our QB will be. Doug Marrone officially announced Blake Bortles will start in Houston. You also are wrong about the OL. Brandon Linder is very good as both a guard and center. Cam Robinson is a better run blocker than Kelvin Beachum. And if you think WR is a weakness in Jacksonville, you need to get your eyes checked.

Here is a suggestion...How about you read and comprehend, then sit and think long & hard before shooting your mouth off to people like you do! If you had done that, you would have discovered that I was referring to the Texans after a recent game and in direct response to another poster's ignorant hot takes. The more things change, the more they stay the same.
(08-31-2017, 10:15 PM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-31-2017, 07:31 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]Nobody is worried about who our QB will be. Doug  Marrone officially announced Blake Bortles will start in Houston. You also are wrong about the OL. Brandon Linder is very good as both a guard and center. Cam Robinson is a better run blocker than Kelvin Beachum. And if you think WR is a weakness in Jacksonville, you need to get your eyes checked.

Here is a suggestion...How about you read and comprehend, then sit and think long & hard before shooting your mouth off to people like you do! If you had done that, you would have discovered that I was referring to the Texans after a recent game and in direct response to another poster's ignorant hot takes. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Well, the Texans are not bad at WR either, so no matter who you are talking about that part does not make sense. In addition, Bill O'Brien has already stated Tom Savage is the QB1 multiple times. So my points are still correct even if you change the names.
(08-31-2017, 10:29 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-31-2017, 10:15 PM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]Here is a suggestion...How about you read and comprehend, then sit and think long & hard before shooting your mouth off to people like you do! If you had done that, you would have discovered that I was referring to the Texans after a recent game and in direct response to another poster's ignorant hot takes. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Well, the Texans are not bad at WR either, so no matter who you are talking about that part does not make sense. In addition, Bill O'Brien has already stated Tom Savage is the QB1 multiple times. So my points are still correct even if you change the names.
No, you are quite wrong and your points are not valid in the context of my month old post to a texan fan bagging on our QB situation. Wallbash  Nevermind, not letting you drag me down into the idiotic.