Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: "The Emoji Movie" a brainwashing mechanism for crazy liberals
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
https://m.youngcons.com/producers-of-the...ve-values/

Guess we will be skipping this one...
Wait, that's actually a movie?! I thought that was some kind of reddit-fueled YouTube prank...
It will be on video in three weeks. Consider it a failure already.
Isn't the plot about the "unfairness" of the emojis having to have the same emotion their whole lives? The "meh" emoji has to feel "meh" about everything in his life and isn't that tragic?
(07-27-2017, 09:14 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't the plot about the "unfairness" of the emojis having to have the same emotion their whole lives? The "meh" emoji has to feel "meh" about everything in his life and isn't that tragic?

I'm still in shock that someone actually made this a movie. A movie about cell phone icons? Really?
I'm not certain how this is being labeled a crazy liberal movie when it is of my understanding there is not even 1 single transgender emoji in this movie.
Most of the stuff from Hollywood is liberal grabbage.

I mean... like everything Disney has some feminist POV or "all inclusive" feeling/moral to it.
A bunch of hack writers love throwing shade at anything remotely conservative... cuz well... conservative equals controlling to them.

It's a movie... I'll probably take my 8 year old to see it anyway. Cuz he likes crappy cartoon movies and he isn't going to catch the political crap Hollywood tries to throw at him. I let my kid be a kid... He probably doesn't know who Trump or Killary even are. And I'm good with that for awhile.

He also has a pretty good understanding that what is on TV and in movies is for entertainment and should never dictate his life. I teach my kids right and wrong and values and morals, so they don't feel the need to get it from television.
(07-27-2017, 10:18 AM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]Most of the stuff from Hollywood is liberal grabbage.

I mean... like everything Disney has some feminist POV or "all inclusive" feeling/moral to it.
A bunch of hack writers love throwing shade at anything remotely conservative... cuz well... conservative equals controlling to them.

It's a movie... I'll probably take my 8 year old to see it anyway. Cuz he likes crappy cartoon movies and he isn't going to catch the political crap Hollywood tries to throw at him. I let my kid be a kid... He probably doesn't know who Trump or Killary even are. And I'm good with that for awhile.

He also has a pretty good understanding that what is on TV and in movies is for entertainment and should never dictate his life. I teach my kids right and wrong and values and morals, so they don't feel the need to get it from television.

I don't recall Disney ever using it's hate for an acting POTUS affect the script of any of its movies. It's not about converting your kid into a crazy liberal at 8 years old. It is simply about planting the seed. As that seed grows, it turns into throwing bike racks through school windows protesting a presidential election. It is a slippery slope. Be careful.
(07-27-2017, 10:50 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-27-2017, 10:18 AM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]Most of the stuff from Hollywood is liberal grabbage.

I don't recall Disney ever using it's hate for an acting POTUS affect the script of any of its movies. It's not about converting your kid into a crazy liberal at 8 years old. It is simply about planting the seed. As that seed grows, it turns into throwing bike racks through school windows protesting a presidential election. It is a slippery slope. Be careful.

In other news, a butterfly flapped its wings in Japan today.
(07-27-2017, 10:50 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]

Nah Disney is much more the vein of feminism and "equality" (force feeding homesexualism and girl power nonsense)

Like I said above... No one teaches my child more than I do. There will be no seeds sown that I don't allow to be planted. If my child ever has a question or issue with a movie or TV show, we discuss it and educate on it.

The Emoji movie is silly nonsense. I agree its silly liberal nonsense... but my 8 year old isn't dumb enough to be brainwashed by it.
I like to think I have a role in that.
Even when you are aware, you are still effected. This is the power of advertising and movies.
(07-28-2017, 12:01 AM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: [ -> ]Even when you are aware, you are still effected. This is the power of advertising and movies.

Well... I guess I'm all alone in not being controlled by media and advertising lol

I don't buy stuff because of advertising. I don't change my beliefs or ambitions or goals based on movies or T.V.

Look... if you raise sheep instead of children... don't take them to the movies. Don't let them watch Nickelodeon... shelter them from whatever nonsense you want.
I teach my kids based on reality.
"There are stupid people in the world that say and do stupid things... Don't be them. Don't be stupid. But feel free to laugh at them if it is entertaining"
WAAAAAAAH

People wanted to be treated with respect and equally and seeing that portrayed offends my deeply ingrained sexism and bigotry so I am going to indoctrinate my kids to be as hateful as me. How? By not watching Disney. What a bunch of pathetic snowflakes.
(07-28-2017, 12:03 PM)boudreaumw Wrote: [ -> ]WAAAAAAAH

People wanted to be treated with respect and equally and seeing that portrayed offends my deeply ingrained sexism and bigotry so I am going to indoctrinate my kids to be as hateful as me. How? By not watching Disney. What a bunch of pathetic snowflakes.

Emoji film isn't Disney.
Snowflakes are the ones who are "special" and "different" but want to be treated "equally".

So... I think you're silly post may have missed it's mark.

I don't teach my kids to be hateful. But I won't allow them to become like the kids running around today burning crap down every time they don't get their way. Or protesting the outcome of an election they didn't participate in.

But... free speech and all.. so carry on.
OH... and you misspelled Baaaahhh you sheep.
I've never liked Disney stories because the girl always had to be rescued by the guy and they lie. There are not always happy endings to situations in life and to teach a young girl that is beyond disturbing. That was the Disney of my youth. I guess the stories have changed if there is now feminism and gay folks. I don't have kids so I don't know anything about it but that's not how it was when I was growing up in the 80's.

I don't mind stories that have a subject and show the characters experiencing whatever is going on and being realistic about it, even if I don't care for the subject matter. Pushing agendas is what I have a problem with and so much of what is shown  in movies and on TV, primarily to younger folks, seems to be all about that.
It's a movie..... about phone emojis....

Is this really that big of an issue we need a thread about it?

Liberals get called snowflakes but yet some people are upset about this movie?
(07-28-2017, 03:57 PM)Frailbones Wrote: [ -> ]It's a movie..... about phone emojis....

Is this really that big of an issue we need a thread about it?

Liberals get called snowflakes but yet some people are upset about this movie?

To be honest... I'm not sure a lot of people are upset about this movie.

One particular poster maybe...
but it's just pointing out the liberal bias that Hollywood has, and admits to.

But... as I've said, I don't let movies dictate mine or my children's minds.
Personally, we're stronger than that... and I would hope more people are.

I'd say it is fair to at least point it out...
just as much as it'd be fair to point out a TV show or movie pushing a religious agenda or war propaganda.
8% rating on rotten tomatoes. Must be a real peach.
(07-30-2017, 01:18 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]8% rating on rotten tomatoes. Must be a real peach.

More like a real [Image: Poop_Emoji.png]
(07-30-2017, 04:45 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-30-2017, 01:18 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]8% rating on rotten tomatoes. Must be a real peach.

More like a real [Image: Poop_Emoji.png]

Stop brainwashing my children!
Pages: 1 2