Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Priebus out as WH Chief of Staff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
That's too bad. I was enjoying all the infighting, cursing, and accusations. I wonder if Bannon is next.
(07-28-2017, 05:42 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]That's too bad.  I was enjoying all the infighting, cursing, and accusations.   I wonder if Bannon is next.

It's never boring, that's for sure.
I am rather shocked Trump picked him in the first place considering how much animosity Priebus had before Trump won the primary.
"I have the best people." ..and then I let them go.

This clown has more turnover than 2016 Blake Bortles.
(07-28-2017, 06:57 PM)Kotite Wrote: [ -> ]"I have the best people."   ..and then I let them go.

Underachievers can learn something from this. If things aren't working as they are, change what you are doing until they work.
You are in such denial, it'd be laughable if it wasn't so sad. Do you know how many positions have been vacant since his first month in office? This guy blames anyone but himself for his failures. He's running out of scapegoats. Good thing the White House has plenty of mirrors.
The Mob sent a clean-up man. No different than when Trump has union trouble on a building project.
(07-28-2017, 07:28 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-28-2017, 06:57 PM)Kotite Wrote: [ -> ]"I have the best people."   ..and then I let them go.

Underachievers can learn something from this. If things aren't working as they are, change what you are doing until they work.

Ok, I've been debating this one for a while, and I'm calling it officially: you're the political forum's J-Dub. You're straight up trolling at this point.
(07-28-2017, 08:45 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-28-2017, 07:28 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Underachievers can learn something from this. If things aren't working as they are, change what you are doing until they work.

Ok, I've been debating this one for a while, and I'm calling it officially: you're the political forum's J-Dub. You're straight up trolling at this point.

We're you debating with yourself? Did your other personality debate back or was it one sided?
I am just amazed that this guy builds a group of people around him and they either quit, are fired, or are in some other way forced to vacate a post. And he backfills them with 2nd, 3rd or 4th options, many of which are retired, semi-retired or retreads. And his fan club keeps calling him a success.
(07-28-2017, 09:51 PM)Kotite Wrote: [ -> ]I am just amazed that this guy builds a group of people around him and they either quit, are fired, or are in some other way forced to vacate a post. And he backfills them with 2nd, 3rd or 4th options, many of which are retired, semi-retired or retreads. And his fan club keeps calling him a success.

I know you don't care about truth or facts, but here it is anyway. Because no one expected a Trump win, few were prepared for a Trump win. The Dems thought they'd be dealing with Hillary in charge, the Republicans thought they'd be in their usual subservient role blaming the Democrats for doing what they really want to get done but can't admit to anyone, So Trump has few allies he can call on to work on his agenda, the People's Agenda, because his opponents are the Deep State, the political class that really hates him as an outsider, and the Democrats. So people like Priebus, part of the Machine, have to slowly be vetted, tested, and removed when they prove themselves unworthy. Trump is picking his campaign people and his family because there's few people who supported him and fewer of those he can really trust.
(07-29-2017, 05:33 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-28-2017, 09:51 PM)Kotite Wrote: [ -> ]I am just amazed that this guy builds a group of people around him and they either quit, are fired, or are in some other way forced to vacate a post. And he backfills them with 2nd, 3rd or 4th options, many of which are retired, semi-retired or retreads. And his fan club keeps calling him a success.

I know you don't care about truth or facts, but here it is anyway. Because no one expected a Trump win, few were prepared for a Trump win. The Dems thought they'd be dealing with Hillary in charge, the Republicans thought they'd be in their usual subservient role blaming the Democrats for doing what they really want to get done but can't admit to anyone, So Trump has few allies he can call on to work on his agenda, the People's Agenda, because his opponents are the Deep State, the political class that really hates him as an outsider, and the Democrats. So people like Priebus, part of the Machine, have to slowly be vetted, tested, and removed when they prove themselves unworthy. Trump is picking his campaign people and his family because there's few people who supported him and fewer of those he can really trust.

Man, that's some good spin there.  My compliments.
The dems could capitalize on this if they had their stuff in one sock, but the fact of the matter is they're simply the party of petulant 2 year-olds. "No!" The funny thing is I don't believe this will translate into big votes in the next election cycle. With the MSM now fully exposed, the left no longer controls the national political narrative. It's a free-for-all, baby!

It's all great theater. As long as the lights stay on and the trains continue to run on time, let's all sit back and enjoy this uniquely American show.
(07-29-2017, 06:44 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-29-2017, 05:33 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]I know you don't care about truth or facts, but here it is anyway. Because no one expected a Trump win, few were prepared for a Trump win. The Dems thought they'd be dealing with Hillary in charge, the Republicans thought they'd be in their usual subservient role blaming the Democrats for doing what they really want to get done but can't admit to anyone, So Trump has few allies he can call on to work on his agenda, the People's Agenda, because his opponents are the Deep State, the political class that really hates him as an outsider, and the Democrats. So people like Priebus, part of the Machine, have to slowly be vetted, tested, and removed when they prove themselves unworthy. Trump is picking his campaign people and his family because there's few people who supported him and fewer of those he can really trust.

Man, that's some good spin there.  My compliments.

Yeah, we know DC is fuuuulllll of Friends of Trump.
Remember when the reason for supporting trump over cruz was all his non-bank holdings. How he wouldn't be owned by the likes of Golan Sachs. Someone explain toe why the hell he's appointing liberal banking elites like scaramucci now?
(07-30-2017, 10:23 AM)EricC85 Wrote: [ -> ]Remember when the reason for supporting trump over cruz was all his non-bank holdings. How he wouldn't be owned by the likes of Golan Sachs. Someone explain toe why the hell he's appointing liberal banking elites like scaramucci now?

It doesn't matter.  His fans will applaud his every move, no matter what.   He could appoint Hillary Clinton to be his principal advisor, and his fans would say it was a brilliant move.
(07-30-2017, 10:26 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-30-2017, 10:23 AM)EricC85 Wrote: [ -> ]Remember when the reason for supporting trump over cruz was all his non-bank holdings. How he wouldn't be owned by the likes of Golan Sachs. Someone explain toe why the hell he's appointing liberal banking elites like scaramucci now?

It doesn't matter.  His fans will applaud his every move, no matter what.   He could appoint Hillary Clinton to be his principal advisor, and his fans would say it was a brilliant move.

I was thinking about it yesterday. He might be the best Manchurian candidate of all timee. Think about it he speed out theost far right political stances on meaningless social media to rowdy up the base and the media. Appoints moderate to left leaning depart heads to contradict his policiy claims. The more right his talk the more the media attacks the more his base overlooks his inaction or in some cases contradictory actions. 

Were going to go an entire term with a Republican house senate e and executive branch and not accomplish anything policy wise. Trump may be the most successful democrate the Republican ever elected.
No, his supporters wouldn't want anything to do with HC, but it appears Obama's broken policies the past 8 years are slowly leading us into WW3. Solid job there democrats.

(07-30-2017, 10:34 AM)EricC85 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-30-2017, 10:26 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn't matter.  His fans will applaud his every move, no matter what.   He could appoint Hillary Clinton to be his principal advisor, and his fans would say it was a brilliant move.

I was thinking about it yesterday. He might be the best Manchurian candidate of all timee. Think about it he speed out theost far right political stances on meaningless social media to rowdy up the base and the media. Appoints moderate to left leaning depart heads to contradict his policiy claims. The more right his talk the more the media attacks the more his base overlooks his inaction or in some cases contradictory actions. 

Were going to go an entire term with a Republican house senate e and executive branch and not accomplish anything policy wise. Trump may be the most successful democrate the Republican ever elected.

Once the RINOs are gone in 2018, we will get to see Trumps dream realized. You need more than liquid plumber to drain the swamp. You need giant snakes, wrenches, replacing whole sections of pipe. The America voter sees what is happening and they don't like it. Dems are screwed in 2018 if this keeps up.
Just for the record.... This guy was hired because he was supposed to be 'in' with the sect of Republicans that pretty much hated Trump pre win.
The never Trumppers like this guy and Paul Ryan, that became buddy buddy once they realized he was winning, period.
These were the guys that were supposed to have an easy path to repeal and replace, they had the votes, yadda yadda.

Tie it in with all the nonsense, and it's clear that Trump is moving more toward "his" people and getting rid of people that aren't completely on board with his agenda.
He tried playing nice with the silly Republicans... And they did their best to make it look like they were trying but ultimately were failing.

He should have stuck to his guns originally and completely filled his staff with outsiders and military folk. Instead of trying to appease everyone.
Pages: 1 2