Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: A question for the more technologically minded people on here..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all..

So, I'm going on a 4 hour road trip to visit my parents on Thursday evening..

I was wondering if there was a way to download and save YouTube videos onto my iPad for offline viewing? My 6 year old son has a whole list of videos he enjoys watching and I thought that if I could do this, it would make a long journey more fun for him.. My wife and the puppy are likely to sleep for the journey and Harry is likely to want his headphones on to pass the time..

Thanks for reading!
What you need to do is install a doohickey. What that does is allow your whatchamacallit to engage a designated thingamabob. Keep an eye on the disgronificator, though.

You're welcome!
(07-31-2017, 12:53 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]What you need to do is install a doohickey. What that does is allow your whatchamacallit to engage a designated thingamabob. Keep an eye on the disgronificator, though.

You're welcome!

Looks like I'll have to dust off the ol' flux capacitor.
Legally? idk..

But, if you do a google search, there's a few programs on the ole net that'll let ya download youtube vids..
Search for YouTube downloader in the App Store.
(07-31-2017, 03:12 PM)DragonFury Wrote: [ -> ]http://keepvid.com/

He said for an iPad. This is for Android. Will it still work?
I have an Android phone, so my son can use that in the car if he wants too..

Thanks!
(07-31-2017, 03:55 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-31-2017, 03:12 PM)DragonFury Wrote: [ -> ]http://keepvid.com/

He said for an iPad. This is for Android. Will it still work?

For Christ's sake: Use the website on a PC to download the videos and then put them on the iPad so the kid can watch them. Must I explain everything?
(08-04-2017, 02:35 PM)DragonFury Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-31-2017, 03:55 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]He said for an iPad. This is for Android. Will it still work?

For Christ's sake: Use the website on a PC to download the videos and then put them on the iPad so the kid can watch them. Must I explain everything?

You look funny when you stamp your foot like that.
(08-04-2017, 04:28 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-04-2017, 02:35 PM)DragonFury Wrote: [ -> ]For Christ's sake: Use the website on a PC to download the videos and then put them on the iPad so the kid can watch them. Must I explain everything?

You look funny when you stamp your foot like that.

The splinters from the wood just make it worse. Tongue
(08-04-2017, 05:20 PM)Dakota Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-04-2017, 04:28 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]You look funny when you stamp your foot like that.

The splinters from the wood just make it worse. Tongue

But the fact that it sounds like a home run hit makes it kind of endearing.
(08-04-2017, 08:41 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-04-2017, 05:20 PM)Dakota Wrote: [ -> ]The splinters from the wood just make it worse. Tongue

But the fact that it sounds like a home run hit makes it kind of endearing.

It''s even more fun to watch when his finger is in a dike at the same time.

Especially if it's an unappreciative dike.
(08-05-2017, 02:07 PM)rollerjag Wrote: [ -> ]It''s even more fun to watch when his finger is in a dike at the same time.

And unlike all of the hats Brett comes across, that's a tight fit.
ya you can download youtube videos
(08-05-2017, 02:07 PM)rollerjag Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-04-2017, 08:41 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]But the fact that it sounds like a home run hit makes it kind of endearing.

It''s even more fun to watch when his finger is in a dike at the same time.

Psssh, unappreciative? DF be flippin' those chickies to the other side. Shoot, I heard he be so smoove he have Rosie O'Donnell cookin' his breakfast.
I use opera web browser with fastest tube addon, but there are several addons you can use. You can also use firefox. It's mostly just a fancy url you have to give youtube. I'd say about 95% or so of them are downloadable that way.

I've never used keepvid, but it likely uses a different method to download that doens't have the same restrictions.
https://rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/

You don't really need a program to do this, but this one is pretty robust and is cross-platform (it works on multiple Operating Systems).  It also works on multiple sites, not just youtube.