Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Already winning? Apple to potentially build iPhones in US
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Stop Mr. President-Elect, I can't take this much winning!

Apple could make iPhones in US in future: sources

"TAIPEI -- iPhones might one day soon carry "Made in America" labels.

Key Apple assembler Hon Hai Precision Industry, also known as Foxconn Technology Group, has been studying the possibility of moving iPhone production to the U.S., sources told the Nikkei Asian Review.

"Apple asked both Foxconn and Pegatron, the two iPhone assemblers, in June to look into making iPhones in the U.S.," a source said. "Foxconn complied, while Pegatron declined to formulate such a plan due to cost concerns.""

Flashback:

Sorry, Donald Trump: Apple is never going to build iPhones in the United States
Ford decided to keep a Kentucky plant from going to Mexico also.

:yes:
I still dont think they will. It will cut thier profit margin in half and they are already the most expensive phone. But maybe they will build some parts here as the article seems to suggest.
WINNING! :thumbsup:
So wait.. they looked into it back in June?  So how exactly is Donald Trump responsible?

I'm more impressed with the Ford plant not relocating. I bet Carrier and Nabisco follow suit now.
Quote:So wait.. they looked into it back in June?  So how exactly is Donald Trump responsible?

Trump has proposed tariffs since 2011
Quote:I'm more impressed with the Ford plant not relocating. I bet Carrier and Nabisco follow suit now.

Lol they weren't relocating, shifting the MKC to make more of the Edge. The Focus is still going to Mexico, as it always was the plan.
Quote:Lol they weren't relocating, shifting the MKC to make more of the Edge. The Focus is still going to Mexico, as it always was the plan.

If Trump is smart he will allow offsets. For instance, you can build your focus down in MeHeCo penalty free if you build a different vehicle in the US (or more than 1).

Or you just go back to 20% tariff or whatever on everything imported.
Quote:If Trump is smart he will allow offsets. For instance, you can build your focus down in MeHeCo penalty free if you build a different vehicle in the US (or more than 1).

Sure why not.

That was Fords plan all along. They're still building the plant in Mexico. That plant is still going to make vehicles. Does it matter what vehicle is made where?
Ford has been playing this little game where they are moving a plant, oh wait no we're not moving, ok we're moving again, oh no we aren't moving that was plan all along.... whatever

Quote:Ford has been playing this little game where they are moving a plant, oh wait no we're not moving, ok we're moving again, oh no we aren't moving that was plan all along.... whatever
We're moving the team to LA/Las Vegas unless you pay for our new stadium.

We're moving our plant to Mexico unless you give us tax breaks.

Same difference. 
Quote:We're moving the team to LA/Las Vegas unless you pay for our new stadium.

We're moving our plant to Mexico unless you give us tax breaks.

Same difference.

Pretty much.
Quote:Lol they weren't relocating, shifting the MKC to make more of the Edge. The Focus is still going to Mexico, as it always was the plan.

Anyone who drives one should follow them there.
Quote:If Trump is smart he will allow offsets. For instance, you can build your focus down in MeHeCo penalty free if you build a different vehicle in the US (or more than 1).

Therein lies the rub. Time will tell.