Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Is he being a crybaby?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just a sad plea for attention.
If it made him nervous so be it. He can tweet about it. Personally cops don't make me nervous.

edit: I would like to hear the lame [BLEEP] excuse of why his tags were expired. Certainly not lack of cash I would hope.

I'm a very non scary white woman and the last time I was pulled over by a cop, he walked up to my car in the same manner.
I've been pulled over twice--and people sometimes describe me as intimidating looking.  Neither time did the cop put his hand on his weapon.  

It seems to be a personal preference for the cops. As long as they're not waving it around and yelling (weapon) I wouldn't be bothered at all. However, it's been over 25 years since I've been pulled over and that was by the military police while overseas. So take that you criminals!
Quote:If it made him nervous so be it. He can tweet about it. Personally cops don't make me nervous.

edit: I would like to hear the lame [BAD WORD REMOVED] excuse of why his tags were expired. Certainly not lack of cash I would hope.

He didn't give an excuse. Took the responsibility and agreed he was in the wrong.
Good grief. You don't speed in GA! They will pull you over in a heartbeat. They don't care the color of your skin. As for his complaint, I can see where he's coming from to a point due to all the shootings, but he has to understand the perspective of the police officer. Cops have been targeted and killed in retaliation to the officer involved shootings. And maybe this one just came off of a hard call like domestic violence or something else. They don't necessarily have down time between calls where they can decompress and sort out what they just had to witness.

People need to stop thinking police work is what they see on TV and in the movies. COPS is about as close as you're going to get to seeing how things really happen, and even that's been edited so it can be seen on network TV.

I thought that was the normal way for cops to approach cars.  Cops don't know who or what state of mind people are in when they are approaching a car.  I think that is a minor precaution to take when approaching a car.  Keep your hands on the wheel and what will go wrong?  Nothing.

I'm glad they made the point of keeping your hands on the wheel.  That's the first thing I've always done when I got pulled over for speeding (not that its been that often.)  Roll down the window and put your hands up on the wheel.  Most cops are much nicer when they see that is done.  I've also found that when you are respectful to them they will be respectful to you.

For all of the people that are so fearful of the police...quit doing stupid stuff and you won't have to deal with them.

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.news4jax.com/news/national/nfl-star-roddy-white-says-he-was-fearful-during-traffic-stop'>http://www.news4jax.com/news/national/nfl-star-roddy-white-says-he-was-fearful-during-traffic-stop</a>

Are you kidding me, I can't think of a time I have been pulled over when the cop didnt have his hand on the gun. And I have been pulled over definately not more than 20 times. And yes I am White (well also native but nobody knows).
Quote:Are you kidding me, I can't think of a time I have been pulled over when the cop didnt have his hand on the gun. And I have been pulled over definately not more than 20 times. And yes I am White (well also native but nobody knows).

HandsomeRob sounds more like RecklessRob lol
Oh my God. Go back to your safe space Roddy.

This is not an abnormal way for an officer to approach a traffic stop.

The whole part about reporting the officer because it might save another black man's life...my God.

Report the officer for what? Doing his job?
I didn't read further down the article until now. All I can say about this is...wow.
Quote:HandsomeRob sounds more like RecklessRob lol

Well, lets just say I used to drive a nice red IROC, thats muffler may have been ripped off during a spirited run between Eustis and Orlando at speeds that might have been extralegal on a road with potholes (thankfully now fixed). Speed limits are set illegally anyway. But that was awhile ago.

I got pulled over I believe 10 times in that car, the fun part was I dont recall ever getting a ticket in it. I was drug searched a couple times. I can still hear the trooper asking me what the sap was on my throwing knifes. He didnt seem to believe you could get sap on a knife from throwing it into trees. He also told me if I drove by him with my muffler scratching on the ground again I would get a ticket. Luckily the problem worked itself out...
No wonder he is unemployed. Anyone afraid of essentially nothing doesn't have the cahones to play big boy football. Had the officer sneezed, would there be allegations of biological assault?
No, he's not being a crybaby, especially with the recent videos of unarmed black men being killed.

But he is a bit ignorant of police procedure, and may not understand what a big deal a traffic stop is for the policeman.

The next time one of you gets pulled over by a cop, put both hands on the wheel as he or she approaches, and check out the rear view mirror.  As the policeman nears the rear of you car you will see that person put out a right hand and firmly touch the tail light of you car.

Why?

So that if you overpower and kill the police officer, his or her prints will be on your vehicle.

THAT is the mindset of the officer approaching you to hand you a ticket.  That person has a hard job, Mr. White, despite what you might have heard.  You can express your concerns, as I have when I have been stopped, but remember that the policeman doesn't know who the hell you are.

Quote:No, he's not being a crybaby, especially with the recent videos of unarmed black men being killed.

But he is a bit ignorant of police procedure, and may not understand what a big deal a traffic stop is for the policeman.

The next time one of you gets pulled over by a cop, put both hands on the wheel as he or she approaches, and check out the rear view mirror. As the policeman nears the rear of you car you will see that person put out a right hand and firmly touch the tail light of you car.

Why?

So that if you overpower and kill the police officer, his or her prints will be on your vehicle.

THAT is the mindset of the officer approaching you to hand you a ticket. That person has a hard job, Mr. White, despite what you might have heard. You can express your concerns, as I have when I have been stopped, but remember that the policeman doesn't know who the hell you are.

It's a shame because it doesn't have to be this way. It wasn't always this way... We can all do better.
The last time I was pulled over by a cop I was too busy frantically snuffing out a roach to notice the manner of his approach. Luckily, it was an officer to whom I had recently delivered prescription amphetamines and pain killers. I was a delivery boy for an Orange Park pharmacy, and the person opening the door to receive my delivery was a young man in a robe, not the officer who had to be summoned to pay for the medications. Also wearing a robe.

It was the late 70s, and the officer decided to let me go after seeing my face.

Quote:No, he's not being a crybaby, especially with the recent videos of unarmed black men being killed.

The next time one of you gets pulled over by a cop, put both hands on the wheel as he or she approaches, and check out the rear view mirror.  As the policeman nears the rear of you car you will see that person put out a right hand and firmly touch the tail light of you car.

Why?

THAT is the mindset of the officer approaching you to hand you a ticket.  That person has a hard job, Mr. White, despite what you might have heard.  You can express your concerns, as I have when I have been stopped, but remember that the policeman doesn't know who the hell you are.
This is so true. A friend of mine is a cop and has been at it for at least 20 years and this is pretty much his mindset. They don't know anything outside of what dispatch has told them and dispatch doesn't know the whole story either. 
Pages: 1 2