Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Dante Fowler kicked off the field?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was listening to 1010 and heard he jumped off sides and was pulled off the field. Then he got in an altercation and I thought I remembered Rick B. saying he was told to hit the showers.

Then they talked about his message he gave about maturity.

Man I hope this guy gets his act together. As a #3 overall pick, come on man..
Yeah this is very weird behavior. He has all of this pent up aggression. Wonder what he's so insecure about. He's very charming in interviews and always has a pleasant and energetic disposition.

Hmm, could Fowler be Bi-Polar perhaps? These sound like random outbursts versus him lacking maturity to me.
he's insecure about the fact that he sucks.
He got replaced by a former FSU player, so its all good guys. No need to go the extra length to bash, we can focus on other parts of the team now
This guy is just one bad story after another since we drafted him just 3 years ago.  I'd be more tolerant if he was producing on the field. I thought he was having another good camp and maybe he'd finally solidify his place on the team... guess he's just a head case with mediocre ability at best for a top draft pick.
(08-08-2017, 09:19 PM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: [ -> ]This guy is just one bad story after another since we drafted him just 3 years ago.  I'd be more tolerant if he was producing on the field. I thought he was having another good camp and maybe he'd finally solidify his place on the team... guess he's just a head case with mediocre ability at best for a top draft pick.

Derrick Harvey was a better player on and off the field. This might be our worst ever bust.
I never liked Fowler's lil new age generation demeanor. Lil whack, fake smile and soft voice. And he has shunned all real and true hip-hop for all that new garbage thats out
That did it for me. NO BIGGIE? NO NAS? NO TUPAC? ok...
He's insecure about his future. Probably fears being dubbed another Derrick Harvey out of Florida. I never liked this selection to begin with. I STILL don't like it. I was beating on my chest for Amari Cooper at WR or even Leonard Williams at DT before and during that draft.

Florida University has been rarely good to our football team. The only great Gator we've ever landed was Fred Taylor. That was it. Anybody else has just been lack luster or virtually non existent on the field. So far Fowler is turning out to be a monumental failure. Being outplayed and outclassed on and off the field by Ngakoue who was taken a year later and in the third round.

He should be embarrassed and ashamed of himself. He reeked of diva the moment he walked out on that red carpet with his pretty little "diamond" encrusted shoes. Grow up son. We gave him a pass his first year. Fine. That's fair. But here it is he was caught on camera laughing and condoning two women probably fighting over him like a diva. Then he gets in trouble about a month ago with an altercation on the road. And now he's once again showing that he's not mature enough to handle his business on the field.

Lining up properly is basic stuff. Timing should be basic stuff. And he shouldn't be upset when he's being told by a coach to sit one out. They're probably tired of telling this kid how to get things done. And if I were a coach or coaching staff. I would do the same thing. You're a third overall selection entering year three. If I have to constantly tell you to do something right, meanwhile, the rest of the players that didn't come in as touted as much as you are seeming to get it down. That's a problem.

Starting to think that had Solomon Thomas been there at four there's a good chance the front office pulls the trigger on him instead of Fournette and they go a different route in RD2 to potentially address the RB position. Also, now that Smoot selection in RD3 over an offensive lineman is starting to make even more and more sense.
I think it's being overblown. From what I heard, he face-masked a guy, but a reporter (Frangie) said he thought it was inadvertent. Then the guy starts jawing at him and he starts jawing back. So he got yanked off the field again. I wouldn't make too much of it.
He needs to get his head on straight. Jawing can cost you 15 yards when the refs really care and are just looking for an excuse to screw you over. Let your actions speak for you. Not your mouth.
(08-09-2017, 05:05 AM)fredalwaysajag Wrote: [ -> ]I never liked Fowler's lil new age generation demeanor. Lil whack, fake smile and soft voice. And he has shunned all real and true hip-hop for all that new garbage thats out

You sound old.
(08-09-2017, 06:21 AM)fsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-09-2017, 05:05 AM)fredalwaysajag Wrote: [ -> ]I never liked Fowler's lil new age generation demeanor. Lil whack, fake smile and soft voice. And he has shunned all real and true hip-hop for all that new garbage thats out

You sound old.

pfft! u should hear me spit these dayz. U'd think it was Mister friggin Burns rapping. Nah, I kid. But 39 is a good number, even though that number signifies the day Biggie was assasinated. Shoot, I'm bout to bump that ole Camron now; S.D.E. Gotta keep a tunnel vision, ya know.
(08-09-2017, 06:54 AM)fredalwaysajag Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-09-2017, 06:21 AM)fsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]You sound old.

pfft! u should hear me spit these dayz. U'd think it was Mister friggin Burns rapping. Nah, I kid. But 39 is a good number, even though that number signifies the day Biggie was assasinated. Shoot, I'm bout to bump that ole Camron now; S.D.E. Gotta keep a tunnel vision, ya know.

[Image: HAupEQ.jpg]
Leonard Williams and Amari Cooper were sitting right there

.... have the Gators produced a DL or LB in the past 15 years that was actually worth of a 1st or 2nd round selection? I know we've been burnt by 2 1st round picks (and even more significant if you factor in the trade-up with regard to Derek Harvey)
(08-09-2017, 09:29 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Leonard Williams and Amari Cooper were sitting right there

.... have the Gators produced a  DL or LB in the past 15 years that was actually worth of a 1st or 2nd round selection?  I know we've been burnt by 2 1st round picks (and even more significant if you factor in the trade-up with regard to Derek Harvey)

I hate revisionist history... and hindsight 20.20... all that...

BUUUUT

I know myself and many others on this board wanted the Raiders draft like two years in a row...

(The Year of the Bortles)
Mack round 1 --- a lot of people wanted this pick
Carr round 2 --- this one I got blasted for, heard people say the next Gabbert, now Oakland picked ahead of us in round 2 but had we not selected Bortles in round 1 perhaps they do instead of Mack, or maybe they select Barr (another OLB) and then the Vikings select Bortles....
But still... Oakland had a helluba draft in 2014

(The year of DFJ)
Cooper round 1 --- Robinson and Lee and Hurns were all rostered so this was almost never going to be the pick but man...but Lee might not have been, being he was our first round 2 guy... maybe we package picks to move up for carr in 2014....

We'd have Carr and Cooper (maybe still A-Rob) and Hurns...
Smith, Jack, and Mack at LB? fuhgetaboutit
if FA still fell the same still have DL of Campbell, Jackson, Jones, and Yannick

man o man... what might have been
He's insecure in the offense.. particularly Bortles turning the ball over so he will have to spend additional time on the field.. he's used to sitting out and watching everyone else play.
It was all over when he trotted out to the podium in gold shoes.
I knew he was a bad pick. I wont say we shoulda taken A or B because you never really know who will pan out. But it was easy to tell that Fowler was a bust. Maybe he will turn me into a liar.
(08-09-2017, 02:26 PM)Browntrouser Wrote: [ -> ]I knew he was a bad pick. I wont say we shoulda taken A or B because you never really know who will pan out. But it was easy to tell that Fowler was a bust. Maybe he will turn me into a liar.

Harvey, now Fowler....
DO NOT DRAFT FLORIDA D-LINE

DBs... Maybe a WR, TE or RB every now and then...
and O-Line, sure...

no more D-line
even though NFL had him listed as LB, which hasn't been a strong position group in recent years either (until maybe 2016-2017)
in the last 10 years... who has been worth a flip from UF Dlinemen?

Carlos Dunlap (been good with 1 great season in 2015, 5 years after being drafted) 
Am I missing anyone?
Do you understand how dumb it sounds to not draft a player from Florida's defensive line? If Fowler doesn't turn out it's because he was more of an effort guy than what he could actually do physically. To say that there aren't guys at Florida that wont be good players in the future from Florida is completely idiotic, and honestly if this is your thought process, never give your input on who to draft in the future.
Pages: 1 2