Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: We're DOOMED
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
He may be right, but it's not because of him at this point. Fournette is the real deal. The offense will be better with him out there. They'll get that offensive line to the point where they can create the necessary lanes for him. As long as the offense isn't relying on Bortles to carry the team, they should be improved.
(08-09-2017, 12:45 PM)FBT Wrote: [ -> ]He may be right, but it's not because of him at this point.  Fournette is the real deal.  The offense will be better with him out there.  They'll get that offensive line to the point where they can create the necessary lanes for him.  As long as the offense isn't relying on Bortles to carry the team, they should be improved.

My post was more pointed at making fun of the reporter/editors lack of spelling skills       Big Grin
great for the wheel of fortune contestant that guesses an "R" is in the title
(08-09-2017, 12:50 PM)Moodachay Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-09-2017, 12:45 PM)FBT Wrote: [ -> ]He may be right, but it's not because of him at this point.  Fournette is the real deal.  The offense will be better with him out there.  They'll get that offensive line to the point where they can create the necessary lanes for him.  As long as the offense isn't relying on Bortles to carry the team, they should be improved.

My post was more pointed at making fun of the reporter/editors lack of spelling skills       Big Grin

I was going to comment on your spelling skills until I saw the article.   Big Grin
(08-09-2017, 01:53 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-09-2017, 12:50 PM)Moodachay Wrote: [ -> ]My post was more pointed at making fun of the reporter/editors lack of spelling skills       Big Grin

I was going to comment on your spelling skills until I saw the article.   Big Grin

That's why I got a screencap of the web page.  They changed it shortly thereafter.

Tongue
I think people also need to remember Blake just turned 25 and is in year 4.

Carr is 26, Dak is 24.

Blake started very young and very raw. While he deserves criticism, it's amazing how many people just don't even want the kid to succeed at all.
(08-09-2017, 02:03 PM)Moodachay Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-09-2017, 01:53 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]I was going to comment on your spelling skills until I saw the article.   Big Grin

That's why I got a screencap of the web page.  They changed it shortly thereafter.

Tongue

Yeah cuz the first 100 comments trashed them.

Was kinda funny
Where have all the "predict" our 2017 record threads been?
(08-09-2017, 02:09 PM)mvannostran Wrote: [ -> ]I think people also need to remember Blake just turned 25 and is in year 4.

Carr is 26, Dak is 24.

Blake started very young and very raw. While he deserves criticism, it's amazing how many people just don't even want the kid to succeed at all.

I hear you...

But "they" ain't tryin to hear that.

And to play Devil's advocate for them...
After 3 years in the NFL, almost 3 full seasons of starts... Bortles age ain't nothin' but a number.

I wasn't letting that excuse fly for Dante Fowler Jr, regarding life choices and actions..
I surely wouldn't let it fly for football ability.

Different coaches and OCs, yes that can stunt a growth because of the changing of systems and lingo etc etc makes for less time to work on a craft, mechanics, etc etc
Being 25.... pssshhh... Gotta stop throwin to the wrong team... that ain't a youth thing, that's a bad read/decision/throw thing
(08-09-2017, 02:19 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-09-2017, 02:09 PM)mvannostran Wrote: [ -> ]I think people also need to remember Blake just turned 25 and is in year 4.

Carr is 26, Dak is 24.

I hear you...

But "they" ain't tryin to hear that.

And to play Devil's advocate for them...
After 3 years in the NFL, almost 3 full seasons of starts... Bortles age ain't nothin' but a number.

I wasn't letting that excuse fly for Dante Fowler Jr, regarding life choices and actions..
I surely wouldn't let it fly for football ability.

Different coaches and OCs, yes that can stunt a growth because of the changing of systems and lingo etc etc makes for less time to work on a craft, mechanics, etc etc
Being 25.... pssshhh... Gotta stop throwin to the wrong team... that ain't a youth thing, that's a bad read/decision/throw thing

Guys like Eli Manning and even Drew Brees had these kinds of issues. Difference? One team stayed patient and let their QB develop - who eventually won 2 Super Bowls, while the other got impatient and got rid of their QB.... who went off and won a super bowl with his new team.

My point is that if the Jags are going to dump Bortles, then they damn sure better be right... or we will pay dearly for possibly the next decade... just like the Chargers did.
(08-09-2017, 01:53 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-09-2017, 12:50 PM)Moodachay Wrote: [ -> ]My post was more pointed at making fun of the reporter/editors lack of spelling skills       Big Grin

As long as there's imrprovement on the field, I think we'll all be good with it.
We know Bortles can't carry the team. We aren't asking him to do that this year. We should be able to play defense and run the ball. If he can be a system QB and not be careless with the ball that would be a big improvement for us.
Interesting how the writer mentions the 5-for-17 passing completion but fails to mention this was in situational drills were QB's were throwing passes away and he also gad 3 TD's and more importantly; no INTs. From what I've heard half of those incomplete passes were throwaways.
(08-09-2017, 06:11 PM)DragonFury Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting how the writer mentions the 5-for-17 passing completion but fails to mention this was in situational drills were QB's were throwing passes away and he also gad 3 TD's and more importantly; no INTs. From what I've heard half of those incomplete passes were throwaways.

Hmmmmmm...
(08-09-2017, 06:11 PM)DragonFury Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting how the writer mentions the 5-for-17 passing completion but fails to mention this was in situational drills were QB's were throwing passes away and he also gad 3 TD's and more importantly; no INTs. From what I've heard half of those incomplete passes were throwaways.

It also doesn't mention that at one point on day one the jags offense was moving the ball so well on the pats that the practice was stopped so the whole pats team could run laps around the practice facility, to include Belichick!
(08-09-2017, 06:30 PM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]

It also doesn't mention that at one point on day one the jags offense was moving the ball so well on the pats that the practice was stopped so the whole pats team could run laps around the practice facility, to include Belichick!

Those things don't fit the agenda though
(08-09-2017, 06:30 PM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]

Did that happen or are you taking the mickey, son?

PS. Imagine that was spoken in Michael Caine's accent.
(08-09-2017, 05:52 PM)jrvegeeta Wrote: [ -> ]My point is that if the Jags are going to dump Bortles, then they damn sure better be right... or we will pay dearly for possibly the next decade... just like the Chargers did.

I wouldn't classify Phillip Rivers as "paying dearly" at the QB position.

Your larger point remains sound, though.
(08-09-2017, 07:45 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-09-2017, 05:52 PM)jrvegeeta Wrote: [ -> ]My point is that if the Jags are going to dump Bortles, then they damn sure better be right... or we will pay dearly for possibly the next decade... just like the Chargers did.

I wouldn't classify Phillip Rivers as "paying dearly" at the QB position.

Your larger point remains sound, though.

The entire point doesn't make sense. The Chargers are a terrible team with a great QB. Unless Bortles can prove otherwise we're the opposite (though I'd call this team okay rather than great).
Pages: 1 2