Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: ***OFFICIAL Jaguars @ Patriots Preseason Game Night Thread***
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Hi, Jaguars fans!   Smile   Jacksonville Jaguars football is back on the gridiron.   But they start the 2017 NFL preseason schedule on the road as they play the defending Super Bowl XL Champions New England Patriots, in their home stadium no less.   However, they star players including Tom Brady, Julian Edelman, and Rob Gronkowski will play the first opening series, before the Patriots coaching may staff their reserve players and rookie  of to play the rest of tonight's game  in their 90-man roster.

Both the Jaguars and Patriots have been playing a joint scrimmage this week. Both teams are playing their third all-time preseason game tonight, their first since 2011, and all three preseason games have been played at Gillette Stadium.

Tonight is both the debut of Doug Marrone's first game as the Jaguars Head Coach, replacing Gus Bradley, and also  game action of the 2017 Jaguars NFL Draft Class, including  Jaguars #1 draft pick and #4 overall  running Back Leonard Fornette from LSU,  Blair Brown, Jalen Myrick, Cam Robinson,  Dawuane Smoot, Dede Westbrook, and  Marquez Williams.

Kickoff from Gillette Stadium is be 7:35PM Eastern Standard Time.  No injuries, and GO JAGUARS!!!!! Wink Smile Cool

Admin Note: As this is the official gameday thread, we have enabled Live Threading for this thread. This mean that when you are on the last page of the thread, new replies will automatically appear as they are posted; no need to refresh!!
This is something that we are testing, so we are not exactly how reliabiliy it will work here, but in testing it does nicely.
For right now, Live Threads will ONLY work when you are on the last (most recent) page of the thread. New posts will just appear
Please direct the comments regarding this feature to the "Live Threads" post in the "Board Feedback" subforum.
--Superuser

[b]UPDATE: Turned Live Threads off, I underestimated the database load. We will have it back next preseason game.!!

[/b]
Don't care who wins. I want to see some good things out of the younger guys though, and most importantly a healthy roster. My eyes will be on Cam and Dede on Offense. Hope Myles Jack gets some extra time out there, I really wanna see how Smoot handles his first NFL action. Should be a decent game to watch.
No injuries and don't get slaughtered in the trenches. That's all I ask. Our secondary is too undermanned to judge, and in preseason it's hard to get a feel for offensive potency with vanilla schemes.
Wait, what? Amelia 2.0??

[Image: y3TmSD.gif]
(08-10-2017, 02:19 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: [ -> ]Wait, what? Amelia 2.0??

This was my initial reaction too. lol.
No injuries please, Go Jaguars
The bot has been reprogrammed
Someone needs to supplant Amelia as the official game poster asap.
(08-10-2017, 02:19 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: [ -> ]Wait, what? Amelia 2.0??

But is this one ***Official***?!?!
Bortles: 2/5 11 yds, 1 Int
hope everyone stays healthy
Bortles will go 3 for 9 for 27 yards.
Prediction:

We get slaughtered against NE in a preseason game and the season is a total loss.

or

We beat NE is a preseason game and they forfeit all 5 Lombardi's to us in advance.

What will the topic(s) be tomorrow? Smile
It's preseason week 1. Blake is going to light it up like he always does in this game.
(08-10-2017, 09:26 AM)mvannostran Wrote: [ -> ]It's preseason week 1. Blake is going to light it up like he always does in this game.

I sure hope so... I'm tired of the same old "I gotta get better" excuse.... Unless you're winning, preseason games are unwatchable.
I want to see something from Myles Jack today. I haven't heard anything from him all camp.
I thought Jaxon was the new Ameila. Dang, I'm so confused now...
Brady, Gronk, Cooks and Edelman are not playing tonight.
So.. If we get worked it is a sign of the apocalypse.
(08-10-2017, 10:12 AM)irontrooper83 Wrote: [ -> ]Brady, Gronk, Cooks and Edelman are not playing tonight.

Good cuz I think half of our defensive starters aren't playing either.

Who's sitting out on their D?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19