Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jeremiah Poutasi at RT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think this guy is so underrated. The guy was a 3rd round pick by the Tacks and then the new GM came in and purged so many previous picks but we benefitted from this one. He was mainly played at guard for the Tacks but was a left tackle in college at Utah. The Jags moving him to RT is what Mike Mayock basically called "his home". I think this guy can take over for Parnell in the future. His drills in camp have been on point. He was so young when he was drafted (20) and they never game him a chance to develop in Tennessee.
Doug spoke decently about him. States, "again.. consistancy.." Says he's a big strong guy that sometimes plays smaller than he is per lack of technique (at times)
We might see him with the starters today as Parnell status for tonight is uncertain (minor injury the other day). He will have some good playing time this preseason.
(08-10-2017, 04:03 AM)haveaseat Wrote: [ -> ]I think this guy is so underrated. The guy was a 3rd round pick by the Tacks and then the new GM came in and purged so many previous picks but we benefitted from this one. He was mainly played at guard for the Tacks but was a left tackle in college at Utah. The Jags moving him to RT is what Mike Mayock basically called "his home". I think this guy can take over for Parnell in the future. His drills in camp have been on point. He was so young when he was drafted (20) and they never game him a chance to develop in Tennessee.

--------

First post in new board.  Haveaseat, without a single live snap in Jags uniform under Poutasi's name to even begin evaluations of him, don't you think it's early to assign benefits?  Perhaps you mean, the Jags 'may' benefit. Sorry mate, the opening threw me off, without even getting to technicalities of his position(s).  I hope the lad pans out; line needs all the help it can muster...
I'm gonna keep my eye on him tonight. I hope he can open it up for 4net.
He's definitely pushing Parnell.

Marrone talked about him in his presser, saying...

"With Jeremiah, I think the big thing is he has the ability to do it... when he does it well and does it right, you get excited, but then you'll see him lean a little bit, or fall off a block, or get over his pads too much. There's no doubt that he has the potential to play, but he has a ways to go in making sure he can put himself in that posiition 'cause he's a big, strong guy, but at times he makes himself smaller than he actually appears by poor technique work."

I don't recall any HC going into this much detail about a player. 
(08-10-2017, 11:18 AM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]He's definitely pushing Parnell.

"With Jeremiah, I think the big thing is he has the ability to do it... when he does it well and does it right, you get excited, but then you'll see him lean a little bit, or fall off a block, or get over his pads too much. There's no doubt that he has the potential to play, but he has a ways to go in making sure he can put himself in that posiition 'cause he's a big, strong guy, but at times he makes himself smaller than he actually appears by poor technique work."

True, at least not for someone he intends to see stay in a backup role. Poutasi will drive you mad because that analysis is spot on, I tried watching a little bit of two tacks games real fast that he started in 2015 and he had moments where he looked like a solid starting offensive tackle but then a few plays later would get ripped apart because he would get sloppy or lazy - Marrone, is maybe the kind of Coach that can get more out of him.. Considering the Titans Roster is overloaded with elite talent, especially at the Tackle Spots, I don't know how he couldn't swing in at guard or something
I was surprised that he did not excel and challenge better at guard, when given the opportunity. He was my dark horse to challenge Cann or for the other guard spot. Now moved to his more experienced tackle role, he will be interesting to watch.
(08-10-2017, 11:34 AM)TheAll22 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-10-2017, 11:18 AM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]He's definitely pushing Parnell.

True, at least not for someone he intends to see stay in a backup role. Poutasi will drive you mad because that analysis is spot on, I tried watching a little bit of two tacks games real fast that he started in 2015 and he had moments where he looked like a solid starting offensive tackle but then a few plays later would get ripped apart because he would get sloppy or lazy - Marrone, is maybe the kind of Coach that can get more out of him.. Considering the Titans Roster is overloaded with elite talent, especially at the Tackle Spots, I don't know how he couldn't swing in at guard or something

Didn't he play guard with the tacks?
(08-10-2017, 03:56 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-10-2017, 11:34 AM)TheAll22 Wrote: [ -> ]True, at least not for someone he intends to see stay in a backup role. Poutasi will drive you mad because that analysis is spot on, I tried watching a little bit of two tacks games real fast that he started in 2015 and he had moments where he looked like a solid starting offensive tackle but then a few plays later would get ripped apart because he would get sloppy or lazy - Marrone, is maybe the kind of Coach that can get more out of him.. Considering the Titans Roster is overloaded with elite talent, especially at the Tackle Spots, I don't know how he couldn't swing in at guard or something

Didn't he play guard with the tacks?

he played both 2015 and 2016 .. he started I think half a season or so at guard
I said his last name to a girl at work and she slapped me
Ah, must have omitted the ta in Poutasi when talking to her
(08-10-2017, 04:40 PM)BritJag Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, must have omitted the ta in Poutasi when talking to her

yes indeed, it was my Pittsburgh accent.  All I asked her was if she'd like to come over and watch the game cause I wanted to see Poutasi in action tonight.