Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Better Days are coming
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Say what you want about individuals, this TEAM looks much better. This team is LOADED with talent. Blake still is the only big question mark...
Lol, we said this last preseason. I'll believe it when I see it.
(08-10-2017, 10:57 PM)BklynJag Wrote: [ -> ]Lol, we said this last preseason. I'll believe it when I see it.

I know, but they look and feel like a different football team. I get sucked in every year and end up being a disappointed homer... DUUVAAAL...
When was the last time we scored 31, even in preseason, against a good team?
Tom is back and we have a real coach
Well the depth is certainly much better. It wasn't that long ago the 2nd and 3rd stringers would get mopped by the opposition.
Sheldon Day is a beast.. Ngakoue is a monster, hell the whole defense when w/o starting corners looked really good; with the exception of the middle, did Jack miss those? Our running game looked top notch, Fournette is proving me wrong; which only bolsters my belief that if get excited about a player they end up sucking, so from now on they all suck.. lol

Seriously, the only glaring question mark is is Bortles and if Myles Jack can catch on sooner, rather than later...imho..
The arrow was pointing up going into last season also. I think we made good moves but it all has to play out. We should like what we saw tonight but that third preseason game is the only thing I'll put any stock into until 9/10.
We looked really good tonight, but keep in mind that the Pats didn't play any of their starters, so it's really hard to get a gauge on how good we did. Overall, I'm pretty happy though.
(08-11-2017, 01:35 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]We looked really good tonight, but keep in mind that the Pats didn't play any of their starters, so it's really hard to get a gauge on how good we did. Overall, I'm pretty happy though.

That's true but the players we faced tonight are similar in ability to what most teams will have in their starters so this is a really good sign, in my opinion.
(08-10-2017, 10:55 PM)Ronster Wrote: [ -> ]Say what you want about individuals, this TEAM looks much better. This team is LOADED with talent. Blake still is the only big question mark...

From a talent standpoint the arrow has been pointing up for a couple of years now.  In my opinion, they've had to work hard to underachieve as badly as they have.  Getting rid of Gus was one key and getting TC back was another.  The turnaround when it comes will be viewed by some in the national media as an overnight sensation but like most overnight sensations, it will be anything but.
(08-10-2017, 10:59 PM)Ronster Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-10-2017, 10:57 PM)BklynJag Wrote: [ -> ]Lol, we said this last preseason. I'll believe it when I see it.

I know, but they look and feel like a different football team. I get sucked in every year and end up being a disappointed homer... DUUVAAAL...

There is nothing wrong with being sucked in every year as that is what a real fan does. You go to, watch on TV, or listen to every single game until it finally happens even if it takes 41 years as it did the Boston Patriots. When it does happen, you will enjoy it like nothing you can imagine.