Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars.com - Sexton-Oehser quick thoughts: Jaguars 31, Patriots 24
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sexton-Oehser quick thoughts: Jaguars 31, Patriots 24

http://prod.www.jaguars.clubs.nfl.com/ne...fefa4909d4

Senior writer John Oehser and senior correspondent Brian Sexton both offer three quick thoughts on the Jaguars’ 2017 preseason opener against the New England
It was good to hear Sexton back in the booth doing play-by-play.
(08-11-2017, 08:19 AM)FBT Wrote: [ -> ]It was good to hear Sexton back in the booth doing play-by-play.

He's so much better than Frangie it's ridiculous.
(08-11-2017, 08:25 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-11-2017, 08:19 AM)FBT Wrote: [ -> ]It was good to hear Sexton back in the booth doing play-by-play.

He's so much better than Frangie it's ridiculous.

I always felt that. I don't know why they went away from Sexton. He has that Jaguar-y voice if you feel what I'm saying. 

Frangie sounds gargled and forced. 

I remember when Sexton was on the radio, you would turn down the TV and listen to the radio. At least i did.
(08-11-2017, 10:14 AM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-11-2017, 08:25 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]He's so much better than Frangie it's ridiculous.

I always felt that. I don't know why they went away from Sexton. He has that Jaguar-y voice if you feel what I'm saying. 

I remember when Sexton was on the radio, you would turn down the TV and listen to the radio. At least i did.
Frangie is part owner of the station that broadcasts the Jags games.
I was going to make a post about Sexton this morning. It was a great broadcast with him and Brunell last night. That is what the radio broadcast should be, not what we currently are forced to listen to.

As 1010 was playing clips of last night this morning I cringed.
(08-11-2017, 10:18 AM)DragonFury Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-11-2017, 10:14 AM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote: [ -> ]I always felt that. I don't know why they went away from Sexton. He has that Jaguar-y voice if you feel what I'm saying. 

Frangie is part owner of the station that broadcasts the Jags games.

Oh snap!! I didn't know he was part owner of 1010xl. That explains everything. That's probably why he moved Rick Balou to Midday Chalk. Lol.
(08-11-2017, 10:14 AM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-11-2017, 08:25 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]He's so much better than Frangie it's ridiculous.

Sexton will always be the "Voice of the Jaguars" to me.
(08-11-2017, 12:38 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-11-2017, 10:14 AM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote: [ -> ]I always felt that. I don't know why they went away from Sexton. He has that Jaguar-y voice if you feel what I'm saying. 

Sexton will always be the "Voice of the Jaguars" to me.

+1

No kidding. Frangie makes me want to dig out my eardrums with a rusty screwdriver.

(08-11-2017, 10:21 AM)UCF Knight Wrote: [ -> ]I was going to make a post about Sexton this morning.  It was a great broadcast with him and Brunell last night.  That is what the radio broadcast should be, not what we currently are forced to listen to.  

As 1010 was playing clips of last night this morning I cringed.

And there's no Sam (do you know who I am) Kavouris. The second reason I have wanted to dig out my eardrums with a rusty screwdriver.
Brunell is pretty average, Lageman is better at color.

Edit: it should go without saying that Sexton is better than Mumbles.