Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Dante Fowler- coming to the end of the line?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I watched Dante Fowler last night, and he looked exactly the same as last year.   Couldn't beat his man, couldn't get off a block, just basically zero. 

I think the time is coming where we have to ask, should this guy be on the team?   It's a 53 man squad, if Fowler is one of the 53, who is the 54th guy, the one who gets cut because we decide to keep Fowler?  

He looks like a bust to me.   Sorry to say it.
Tony Boselli thought he did a good job.
If we never draft another criminal/gator again it will be too soon
(08-11-2017, 08:07 AM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: [ -> ]If we never draft another criminal/gator again it will be too soon

SO you're saying Seminoles aren't criminals? How about Hurricanes?

How bout you keep the Florida Gators out of your mouth. 

Who is your team?
(08-11-2017, 10:16 AM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-11-2017, 08:07 AM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: [ -> ]If we never draft another criminal/gator again it will be too soon

SO you're saying Seminoles aren't criminals? How about Hurricanes?

How bout you keep the Florida Gators out of your mouth. 

Who is your team?

Nah the Convicts and Criminoles have plenty of bad apples...

The Florida knock is DL/LB tweeners...
they just don't produce like Florida DBs

I wouldn't argue against drafting Goolsby (TE), Dawson(nickel), & Pinerio in mid to late rounds 4-7
And in 2019... UF may have some very solid OL ready for the NFL
He beat his man a few times and forced Jimmy to run up in the pocket on the Telvin sack, he also had a couple of nice tackles back to back, but hey he didnt have 5 sacks last night so he sucks
(08-11-2017, 10:26 AM)J-Mizzal Wrote: [ -> ]He beat his man a few times and forced Jimmy to run up in the pocket on the Telvin sack, he also had a couple of nice tackles back to back, but hey he didnt have 5 sacks last night so he sucks

I really don't get why people harp on guys that are over drafted (Caldwells fault) and mis-cast into roles that don't fit them (Bradleys fault) and don't come back from injury like Von Miller (nobodys fault)

lol
I actually don't think he played poorly. He also got a high grade from pff I believe.
I re-watched the game this morning and fowler was actually all over the place. Not sure what games some of you were watching.
(08-11-2017, 10:31 AM)Kcirred Wrote: [ -> ]I actually don't think he played poorly.  He also got a high grade from pff I believe.

Yup he was chasing Jimmy around most of the time after Yanick went out, but bias people see what they want to see and claim he didnt do nothing

Its gonna be the same with Bortles all year, people have made up there minds, unless Fowler and Bortles have near probowl years people are gonna say they havent played well even if its solid seasons
(08-11-2017, 10:31 AM)Kcirred Wrote: [ -> ]I actually don't think he played poorly.  He also got a high grade from pff I believe.

People see what they want to see....

[Image: 21-stevie-wonder.w1200.h630.jpg]
I thought he was decent.

On Garoppolo's first TD, he beat the LT and should have drawn a holding penalty.

Fowler also showed some hustle chasing plays down.
(08-11-2017, 10:37 AM)JagsGooner Wrote: [ -> ]I re-watched the game this morning and fowler was actually all over the place. Not sure what games some of you were watching.

I was just about to post this. I think if folks dont see sacks, they call the player a bust. but he was creating pressure when he was in there. JG was really running for his life at times. 

And... on 1 play him and Jack looked the same speed.
And Fat Tony on Jaguars today just said Fowler played well

But the OP and people on twitter claiming he didnt do nothing smh
Dante looked decent last night. Can someone point me in the direction of a "positive" post-game Jags thread. I'm really trying to find one not filled with complaints and whines every other post.
(08-11-2017, 10:42 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]I thought he was decent.

On Garoppolo's first TD, he beat the LT and should have drawn a holding penalty.  

Fowler also showed some hustle chasing plays down.

I saw someone being held on that play but I didn't realize it was Fowler.  I guess we will see in a couple of weeks how often the no calls on holds continue, last year it was pretty bad.
(08-11-2017, 10:37 AM)JagsGooner Wrote: [ -> ]I re-watched the game this morning and fowler was actually all over the place. Not sure what games some of you were watching.

When I saw this thread I thought the same thing.  He looked quick when he was on the field, and surprisingly showed a couple of moves that haven't previously been part of his repertoire.  I thought he had a decent game.  I guess the armchair GMs on the board only care about sacks.
(08-11-2017, 10:56 AM)J-Mizzal Wrote: [ -> ]And Fat Tony on Jaguars today just said Fowler played well

BCC needs to beef up their street cred apparently, so whatever Alfie tells his drones, that's what they think.
Since everyone is convinced I'm wrong, I'll take another look. I admit I wasn't focusing on Fowler, but when I did watch him, it seemed like the LT would just lock him up and that was that. I know he can run all over the place and almost do this and almost do that, but what he must learn to do is beat a left tackle and get to the quarterback.
(08-11-2017, 11:31 AM)FBT Wrote: [ -> ]

When I saw this thread I thought the same thing.  He looked quick when he was on the field, and surprisingly showed a couple of moves that haven't previously been part of his repertoire.  I thought he had a decent game.  I guess the armchair GMs on the board only care about sacks.

(08-11-2017, 11:33 AM)FBT Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-11-2017, 10:56 AM)J-Mizzal Wrote: [ -> ]And Fat Tony on Jaguars today just said Fowler played well

BCC needs to beef up their street cred apparently, so whatever Alfie tells his drones, that's what they think.

I agree and I NEVER agree with you.  Sick
Pages: 1 2 3 4