Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Props to Joe DeCamillis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With the exception of Myers one shank. The Special Teams looks as good as I've seen it in 10 years. the last time he coached the Jaguars ST's back in 2007 Special Teams was a marked strength of the team. Coverage on kicks and lane discipline was a night and day improvement to last year. I'm really looking forward to not holding my breath any time a Jags ST unit takes the field this season. Hats off to Coach DeCamillis I'm stunned at how good his unit looked!
(08-11-2017, 10:52 AM)Firesky Wrote: [ -> ]With the exception of Myers one shank. The Special Teams looks as good as I've seen it in 10 years. the last time he coached the Jaguars ST's back in 2007 Special Teams was a marked strength of the team. Coverage on kicks and lane discipline was a night and day improvement to last year. I'm really looking forward to not holding my breath any time a Jags ST unit takes the field this season. Hats off to Coach DeCamillis I'm stunned at how good his unit looked!

I thought Myers had two misses.

Aside from that, I abso-freaking-lutely agree with this.
Fan of Joe DeCamillis. The organization and discipline of the ST units were evident. Cheese and chalk; last few years to now. Solidifying STs alone goes a long way towards securing Ws. Keep at it lads.
(08-11-2017, 10:52 AM)Firesky Wrote: [ -> ]With the exception of Myers one shank. The Special Teams looks as good as I've seen it in 10 years. the last time he coached the Jaguars ST's back in 2007 Special Teams was a marked strength of the team. Coverage on kicks and lane discipline was a night and day improvement to last year. I'm really looking forward to not holding my breath any time a Jags ST unit takes the field this season. Hats off to Coach DeCamillis I'm stunned at how good his unit looked!

It started out a little bumpy with a muffed catch on the opening kick, and a couple of short returns, but then everything settled in.  The missed FGs are something that they need to work on.  They didn't bring any competition in for Meyers, but I suspect there will be a quiet audition happening this weekend.
It looked like the hold was wonky on the 2nd FG. LACES OUT!
Arrelious Benn is one hell of a football player! Dude is solid.. And not Gus Bradley solid. And seeing #84 get down there on a couple of plays was nice. Greene... IDK about him. He looks good as a returner but he drops the 1st pass attempt of the season, making me want to have him automatically omitted from the roster as a show of good faith and a sacrifice to the foootball gods.
On one of the kicks, the snap was reallyyy low (looked like it almost skid the turf) which meant the hold was later than ideal and at least from my vantage point threw off Myers timing so its hard to really get on him for that but the other one was shanked and there's just no excuse for which is what I was referring to.

I think Carson Tinker's injury is going to impact the kicking game in a more meaningful way than most of us believe. Its going to take a few weeks for the whole unit to get comfortable with each other, which is why I'm not overly concerned with Myers performance last night as they have 3 more weeks to get acclimated and work out the kinks.

I think Benn is a lock and Cole (#84) might force his way onto the roster as well with ST play and that 97 yard TD that cant be ignored. Everything Greene gives in the return game I think Dede Westbrook can provide and he's more of a homerun threat. Unless Greene makes a late preseason surge to try and claim the slot WR spot or an injury to one of the top guys on the depth chart, I think he's gone.
Love Joe D however Nortman had an uncharacteristic shank and Myers still scares the heck out of me. Some of his XP's were pretty close to the uprights.