Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Sometimes I Just Don't Get The Hate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Seriously.  So many fans here like to trash Bortles and Henne.  I thought both did a good job last night along with Allen.  I personally feel pretty good with the QB's that we have going into the season.
I think it is the position.

Too many people seem to take pleasure in bashing QBs.
(08-11-2017, 11:59 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]I think it is the position.

I also think that too many people expect to have a Tom Brady or a Joe Montana.  Looking at the list of Super Bowl winning quarterbacks, there are many on the list with lesser talent than what we have on the roster now.
(08-11-2017, 12:09 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-11-2017, 11:59 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]I think it is the position.

I also think that too many people expect to have a Tom Brady or a Joe Montana.  Looking at the list of Super Bowl winning quarterbacks, there are many on the list with lesser talent than what we have on the roster now.

If we can only be pleased with a Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, or Drew Brees, we probably always going to be displeased.  From the last 30 years of the list just look at some of those qbs:
Jim McMahon
Phil Simms
Jeff Hostetler
Trent Dilfer
Mark Rypien
Brad Johnson.

And, frankly, Doug Williams and Eli Manning aren't exceptional qbs, either.
5.3 yards per completion. Terrible.
(08-11-2017, 12:30 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: [ -> ]5.3 yards per completion. Terrible.

0 substance per post.... turrible
Henne Baby!!! Most popular guy on da squad right now.
(08-11-2017, 12:30 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: [ -> ]5.3 yards per completion. Terrible.

(08-11-2017, 01:12 PM)fredalwaysajag Wrote: [ -> ]Henne Baby!!! Most popular guy on da squad right now.

Alfie minions.  ^^
dude... first off, I wasnt one of those people last night.. but when will you positive paulie's realize that this team hasnt even come close to winning in a decade?

These fans deserve the right to vent/hate/be wrong/be right all they want, it is on the Jags and the players to change that

It still cracks me up beyond belief every time I read an OG of these boards rip or bash Gene Smith these days or make some meme about him when they were one of the people bashing every poster who posted negative about him.
(08-11-2017, 12:23 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-11-2017, 12:09 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]I also think that too many people expect to have a Tom Brady or a Joe Montana.  Looking at the list of Super Bowl winning quarterbacks, there are many on the list with lesser talent than what we have on the roster now.

If we can only be pleased with a Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, or Drew Brees, we probably always going to be displeased.  From the last 30 years of the list just look at some of those qbs:
Jim McMahon
Phil Simms
Jeff Hostetler
Trent Dilfer
Mark Rypien
Brad Johnson.

No, but they were good enough to win a ring... And I would take everyone of of them except Dilfer over Bortles.
Shocking.
(08-11-2017, 01:23 PM)David4499 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-11-2017, 12:23 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: [ -> ]If we can only be pleased with a Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, or Drew Brees, we probably always going to be displeased.  From the last 30 years of the list just look at some of those qbs:
Jim McMahon
Phil Simms
Jeff Hostetler
Trent Dilfer
Mark Rypien
Brad Johnson.

No, but they were good enough to win a ring... And I would take everyone of of them except Dilfer over Bortles.

The thing is, "they" didn't win a ring, their TEAM did.

Had Bortles thrown some bad passes or some picks, then there might be an issue.  The same could be said about Henne.  There isn't a QB on that list any more (or less) talented than what we have right now.
(08-11-2017, 01:36 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-11-2017, 01:23 PM)David4499 Wrote: [ -> ]No, but they were good enough to win a ring... And I would take everyone of of them except Dilfer over Bortles.

The thing is, "they" didn't win a ring, their TEAM did.

Had Bortles thrown some bad passes or some picks, then there might be an issue.  The same could be said about Henne.  There isn't a QB on that list any more (or less) talented than what we have right now.

Except the added Eli Manning...

I think he started out 'meh' but turned into a very good QB.

Maybe he won't ever be considered "elite" but I'd say he is definitely better than BB5, currently.
I don't think I've ever seen a QB, who's seems to be a cool guy who stays out of trouble, so polarizing within a fan base. He's deserving of criticism, but the poor kid gets just brutalized by so many people. I hope he lights it up this year. You know there will still be those wanting him gone.
(08-11-2017, 01:46 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-11-2017, 01:36 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]The thing is, "they" didn't win a ring, their TEAM did.

Except the added Eli Manning...

I think he started out 'meh' but turned into a very good QB.

Maybe he won't ever be considered "elite" but I'd say he is definitely better than BB5, currently.

Manning was "elite" in the playoffs when it counts but has been pedestrian during the regular season. Same with Flacco.
(08-11-2017, 11:55 AM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]Seriously.  So many fans here like to trash Bortles and Henne.  I thought both did a good job last night along with Allen.  I personally feel pretty good with the QB's that we have going into the season.

[Image: Haters_gonna_hate.jpg]
Hate or no hate. If he doesn't get it done this year, he is out like a baby's belly button. We can all take solace in that.
The talent has been getting better around Bortles. Don't know what Blakes excuse is going to be this year... Probably el nino or something ridiculous like a sprained hair follicle around his growing bald spot.
(08-11-2017, 01:59 PM)David4499 Wrote: [ -> ]The talent has been getting better around Bortles. Don't know what Blakes excuse is going to be this year... Probably el nino or something ridiculous like a sprained hair follicle around his growing bald spot.

What's your excuse?
(08-11-2017, 02:01 PM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-11-2017, 01:59 PM)David4499 Wrote: [ -> ]The talent has been getting better around Bortles. Don't know what Blakes excuse is going to be this year... Probably el nino or something ridiculous like a sprained hair follicle around his growing bald spot.

What's your excuse?

I'm not ok with mediocrity like a lot of Jaguar fans... it's why we're the joke of the league.
Pages: 1 2 3