Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Blake Bortles. Perspective from a NFC scout.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/27266...-of-a-bust

"He is a really good guy," the scout added. "I've met him and talked to him. I know he tries. He's not lazy. He's just overwhelmed. You can see it on film. He gets confused pretty easily by (defensive) looks that aren't all that complicated. That's why his mechanics are a problem. He gets panicked by defenses and the rush and falls back on bad habits.""
That article said we don't have a lot of talent, just enough to compete in a horrible division... Ok.
He showed he's the same mistake prone QB by not making any mistakes against NE?

Great logic Mr. Writer.
This Mike Freeman guy has made it his mission to discredit Blake for some reason. He's been on shows and written other articles this summer. He always starts with Blake is a nice guy. I really like him..blah blah blah and then goes on to trash him. There are a lot of QBs with issues in this league. For some reason he's really got it in for Blake.
Mike Freeman has been a hack since his days with the TU.

I don't disagree that he looked overwhelmed at times last year, but I don't think that was as much a knock on him as it was a knock on the entire situation he was dealt. No running game. A crap offensive line. A defense that for most of the season couldn't stop a pack of girl scouts. A coaching staff that was lame duck, with a head coach who was himself completely overwhelmed by the job. There was a lot going on last year that contributed to his struggles.

It's a new day, and this is a very different atmosphere with Marrone in charge, and Coughlin hovering over all things football. Bortles will either find his focus and succeed, or he won't. I don't think it's a matter of not having the mental capacity to recognize defenses and make the plays. For him, last year it was a matter of just trying to do too much on his own. With the new weapons around him, this team won't have to put that on his back. Just make the plays and avoid mistakes.