Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Albert released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 46m46 minutes ago

The #Jaguars have officially released LT Branden Albert. Saga is over
78 replies 359 retweets 754 likes
So long. We barely knew ye....
Good riddance
Dakota, U got the perfect avatar for this.
I'm a little disappointed they did it so soon. They should have waited until cut down day to release him.
I am convinced he never wanted to play here.

The strange thing is that to take his spot on the roster, the Jaguars signed another RB.

Perhaps they don't want the top 4 guys to take any undue punishment in the preseason.
(08-11-2017, 05:26 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]I am convinced he never wanted to play here.

The strange thing is that to take his spot on the roster, the Jaguars signed another RB.

Perhaps they don't want the top 4 guys to take any undue punishment in the preseason.

They also waived a RB injured.

[Image: ir6RE1ev_bigger.jpg] Jacksonville Jaguars‏Verified account @Jaguars

We have signed RB Jonathan Grimes and waived/injured RB Tyler Gaffney. We also released OL Branden Albert from the reserve/retired list.
Next Pride inductee?
The only ring he'll be a part of is the one that scrubbing bubbles take care of with a spray and a flush.
So we couldn't just leave him on the retired list to rot all season?
The only reason that he unretired was to keep the signing bonus if I'm not mistaken.

NH3...
What a waste of time!
Cam Robinson showed him the door.
Not surprising. It was not in Coughlin's DNA to keep someone who is not dedicated to the team approach and all-in attitude. Since day 1 his actions went way past the business side of the sport.