Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Serious Concerns After Week One
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It is with jovial sorrow that I make my initial post on the highly prestigious Duvalpride.com Message Board. The reality of the situation is that although I enjoyed my years on the now extinct jaguars.com board, Big Cat Country will afford me the aforementioned opportunities to post accordingly and frequently as we move into this new era of Jacksonville Jaguar Football.

While many Jaguar fans seem excited by the results of last nights game, those of us who see the game of football from a much higher level clearly see reason for greater concern than ever before. Starting with special teams, Jason Myers is clearly not the answer. 1/3 on Field Goals is simply not becoming of a championship contender.  We have simply not been the same since the parting of ways of former franchise kicker Joshua Scobee. More bothersome are the mind games ownership and management continues to play with Bortles. To yank him after only two incompletions and play back ups the rest of the way and not put him back in the game is borderline criminal and just not right. He is a human being just like the rest of us. He has feelings and emotions and we need him in the right mind frame come the opener. The biggest concern to me however Is what clearly appears to be an extremely unconditioned football team. Jaguars strength and conditioning coach Tom Myslinski should be embarrassed and mortified by the way in which we faltered and were completely dominated 7-0  in the fourth quarter. This just can’t happen. We’ve had all training camp to get in shape, and then to go and just lay down in the 4th is just unacceptable on so many levels.

While I am happy that we won, I simply cannot accept the way in which we won. If we have any chance of winning the division come the regular season or even beating cross state and Ponce De Leon Cup Rival Tampa Bay in our next game, we as an organization are going to have to take a good hard look in the mirror. Hopefully Thomas Coughlin is addressing these very issues when he meets with staff today.