Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Serious Concern About our Team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It is with jovial sorrow that I make my initial post on the highly prestigious Duvalpride.com Message Board. The reality of the situation is that although I enjoyed my years on the now extinct jaguars.com board, Duvalpride will afford me the aforementioned opportunities to post accordingly and frequently as we move into this new era of Jacksonville Jaguar Football.

While many Jaguar fans seem excited by the results of last nights game, those of us who see the game of football from a much higher level clearly see reason for greater concern than ever before. Starting with special teams, Jason Myers is clearly not the answer. 1/3 on Field Goals is simply not becoming of a championship contender.  We have simply not been the same since the parting of ways of former franchise kicker Joshua Scobee. More bothersome are the mind games ownership and management continues to play with Bortles. To yank him after only two incompletions and play back ups the rest of the way and not put him back in the game is borderline criminal and just not right. He is a human being just like the rest of us. He has feelings and emotions and we need him in the right mind frame come the opener. The biggest concern to me however Is what clearly appears to be an extremely unconditioned football team. Jaguars strength and conditioning coach Tom Myslinski should be embarrassed and mortified by the way in which we faltered and were completely dominated 7-0  in the fourth quarter. This just can’t happen. We’ve had all training camp to get in shape, and then to go and just lay down in the 4th is just unacceptable on so many levels.

While I am happy that we won, I simply cannot accept the way in which we won. If we have any chance of winning the division come the regular season or even beating cross state and Ponce De Leon Cup Rival Tampa Bay in our next game, we as an organization are going to have to take a good hard look in the mirror. Hopefully Thomas Coughlin is addressing these very issues when he meets with staff today.
7/10.

You had me for a little bit there.
Ahhh, shaddup.
Hey Bucko You Shaddup Jerk Head. Tell me what is so wrong with my post. Do you like bad field goal kickers? Do you like mind games? Do you like unconditioned football teams? Maybe you should go coach tennis with Lauritzen since you don't know diddly squat about football.
(08-11-2017, 08:46 PM)Omaha\s Number 1JAGSFAN Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Bucko You Shaddup Jerk Head. Tell me what is so wrong with my post. Do you like bad field goal kickers? Do you like mind games? Do you like unconditioned football teams? Maybe you should go coach tennis with Lauritzen since you don't know diddly squat about football.

Heard from my guy that travels with the team that the kicking situation is a BIG DEAL with Marrone (wasn't just a one game fluke but poor kicking throughout the dual practices with the Pats this week). Idk if the mind games are going on - my guy didn't comment on that but said Henne was extra motivated when there was rumors of Kaepernick being looked at for a backup role...
Mix Justin's hot takes with Omaha's corn kernals and we'll have some nice popcorn.
Omaha is back. Duval Pride is complete
love having Omaha back
This is the thread Duval Pride deserves.
And the whooshes continue.

Let him troll folks, at least it's fairly well-constructed sarcasm/satire.

From a writing perspective I respect it.
Welcome back, Omaha.
(08-11-2017, 08:22 PM)Omaha\s Number 1JAGSFAN Wrote: [ -> ]It is with jovial sorrow that I make my initial post on the highly prestigious Duvalpride.com Message Board. The reality of the situation is that although I enjoyed my years on the now extinct jaguars.com board, Duvalpride will afford me the aforementioned opportunities to post accordingly and frequently as we move into this new era of Jacksonville Jaguar Football.

While many Jaguar fans seem excited by the results of last nights game, those of us who see the game of football from a much higher level clearly see reason for greater concern than ever before. Starting with special teams, Jason Myers is clearly not the answer. 1/3 on Field Goals is simply not becoming of a championship contender.  We have simply not been the same since the parting of ways of former franchise kicker Joshua Scobee. More bothersome are the mind games ownership and management continues to play with Bortles. To yank him after only two incompletions and play back ups the rest of the way and not put him back in the game is borderline criminal and just not right. He is a human being just like the rest of us. He has feelings and emotions and we need him in the right mind frame come the opener. The biggest concern to me however Is what clearly appears to be an extremely unconditioned football team. Jaguars strength and conditioning coach Tom Myslinski should be embarrassed and mortified by the way in which we faltered and were completely dominated 7-0  in the fourth quarter. This just can’t happen. We’ve had all training camp to get in shape, and then to go and just lay down in the 4th is just unacceptable on so many levels.

While I am happy that we won, I simply cannot accept the way in which we won. If we have any chance of winning the division come the regular season or even beating cross state and Ponce De Leon Cup Rival Tampa Bay in our next game, we as an organization are going to have to take a good hard look in the mirror. Hopefully Thomas Coughlin is addressing these very issues when he meets with staff today.

Omaha, What do you think of packaging picks to move up to #1 in the 2018 draft to draft the best kicker possible? Or, do we use them to trade for Jimmy Garropolo, and move him to kicker. I think great coaches like Jack Del Rio wouldn't be afraid to pull the trigger in this fashion.
(08-12-2017, 08:11 AM)Dakota Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-11-2017, 08:22 PM)Omaha\s Number 1JAGSFAN Wrote: [ -> ]It is with jovial sorrow that I make my initial post on the highly prestigious Duvalpride.com Message Board. The reality of the situation is that although I enjoyed my years on the now extinct jaguars.com board, Duvalpride will afford me the aforementioned opportunities to post accordingly and frequently as we move into this new era of Jacksonville Jaguar Football.

Omaha, What do you think of packaging picks to move up to #1 in the 2018 draft to draft the best kicker possible? Or, do we use them to trade for Jimmy Garropolo, and move him to kicker. I think great coaches like Jack Del Rio wouldn't be afraid to pull the trigger in this fashion.

Great organizations blaze a trail, bad teams try to follow the plans of others. I really think you're on to something.

Blake was given two series and that is pretty standard for the first preseason game. The coaching staff as been committed to conditioning, stamina and lifting to address the fourth quarter this year and I did not see an issue with the team in the fourth quarter. They  tried to run out the clock by running the ball and that is the goal of this team to control the game. It is the first preseason game so it is still a work in progress. There were a lot of  positives form the game and I do not understand your concerns when it is do early in the preseason.
You say tomato and I say tomato (long A in first word, short A in second word) Mr. DennisP3. Think what you want but it's clearly obvious to me that the message to Bortles is pretty simple:
1) One Incompletion = Warning
2) 2 Incompletions = Benching.
This is simply not a way to treat a young quarterback who is trying to come into his own.

Regarding your thoughts on conditioning, I've watched replay of the game 9 times. The amount of times people had their hands on their knees or took themselves out of the game was concerning.

We cannot look at these games as the preseason. We must treat each game like the playoffs. We have absolutely no room for error or excuses.
So coddle Blake and Henne fear a KapNap...
[Image: Omaha.jpg]