Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Fournet Grant combo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My first post here.
Glad you guys got this thing up and running. Thank you!

I may be missing something....and if I am someone please speak up...but I feel as if fournet is the hard running guy to perfectly set up a defense for "taillights" Grant.
  3 quarters of chasing the deceptive speed and feeling the power of fournet then Grant blazing bye?
I feel that's a 1 2 combo that'll be hard to stop.
I have heard tj is the 3rd down back because of his ability to pass block but fournet is larger? And meaner? Does he not have blocking skills?
I just don't wanna see tj dancing around behind the line losing 3 yards on 3rd and 2 like happened often last year.
Leonard should be the 3rd down back no? And Grant is the obvious change of pace back?
I realize it's preseason and who knows what plans the coaches have...I get that...but man oh man...
To me? Fournet/ Grant is a potential rushing storm.just what Marone says he wants?
Throw in Ivory and the situation becomes even more attractive. He did lead the league in rushing just a few short years ago.
We never got to see the real Ivory last year as he was out with that mysterious (and relatively lengthy IIRC) hospital stay and subsequent recovery. He wasn't himself all year. The guy ran wild for the Jets and should do the same for the Jags, don't underestimate him if he is fully recovered.
(08-12-2017, 09:40 AM)PF* Wrote: [ -> ]We never got to see the real Ivory last year as he was out with that mysterious (and relatively lengthy IIRC) hospital stay and subsequent recovery. He wasn't himself all year. The guy ran wild for the Jets and should do the same for the Jags, don't underestimate him if he is fully recovered.

That's a great point. However. Fournet is gonna get the Lions share of the carries and that doesn't leave much room for ivory or anyone else.
Guys like fournet need to see that many carries in order to figure out the guys he's going against which is why they typically get homerun hits after the third quarter. That and it's a " groove" thing lol.
Ivory is a power runner too....
He's the odd guy out IMHO. Question. Does ivory block well?
Ivory is staying put. If there's an odd-man out, it's Yeldon, but I don't see him going anywhere either.
I anticipate Fournette and Ivory sharing the load with the rookie getting the majority.
Grant is worthy of 5 or 6 snaps of gadgets or screens each week. (Wish he could seal the deal as a KR but he's a bobbler there)
Yeldon is seemingly the odd man out as his poor-mans Le'veon Bell impersonation is not going to pan out.

Still -- I think they likely keep him around as the apparent intent to ground and pound rarely lasts all season without injury to a RB or two. They will need depth. Just coach Yeldon up to be more decisive hitting the hole and he can be effective enough as a back-up.
(08-12-2017, 11:27 AM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]Ivory is staying put. If there's an odd-man out, it's Yeldon, but I don't see him going anywhere either.

I'd look into trading Yeldon to the Cowboys for a sixth round pick.
(08-12-2017, 12:15 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I  anticipate Fournette and Ivory sharing the load with the rookie getting the majority.
Grant is worthy of 5 or 6 snaps of gadgets or screens each week.  (Wish he could seal the deal as a KR but he's a bobbler there)
Yeldon is seemingly the odd man out as his poor-mans Le'veon Bell impersonation is not going to pan out.

Still  -- I think they likely keep him around as the apparent intent to ground and pound rarely lasts all season without injury to a RB or two. They will need depth. Just coach Yeldon up to be more decisive hitting the hole and he can be effective enough as a back-up.

I agree that Yeldon makes for a fine backup. He gets way too much flack on this board as he does have talent. I've seen him break out several impressive runs... maybe not TD breakout runs... but impressive nonetheless. I've even seen Yeldon pick up first downs when there didn't appear to be any lanes for him to run through. He actually does have some hole creating ability in him.
(08-12-2017, 12:17 PM)DangerousBoy Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-12-2017, 11:27 AM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]Ivory is staying put. If there's an odd-man out, it's Yeldon, but I don't see him going anywhere either.

I'd look into trading Yeldon to the Cowboys for a sixth round pick.

The Cowboys would be stupid to pay anything more than a conditional 7th rounder for Yeldon. He has no trade value.

I'd be perfectly satisfied going into the season with Fournette, Grant and Ivory as our RB's. I think keeping any more than 3 RB's at a time on the active roster would be a waste of a roster position.
Plus Cowboys already have good rb depth in my opinion. Mcfadden, Morris, and Hillman they should be fine with Elliot out.
There's a reason that we drafted him as a 2nd rounder. His rookie season he had almost 1k all purpose yards and showed that he would get better, and already had great bass blocking ability. It was just really weird we brought in Ivory last year, and I really wonder who's decision that was. I feel like it was an offensive coach who isn't here anymore
Yeldon is still my surprise cut unless he is traded. To be as realistic as possible he may make the team this year but I just don't see him with a future with this team.

(08-12-2017, 10:02 PM)archer56 Wrote: [ -> ]There's a reason that we drafted him as a 2nd rounder.  His rookie season he had almost 1k all purpose yards and showed that he would get better, and already had great bass blocking ability.  It was just really weird we brought in Ivory last year, and I really wonder who's decision that was. I feel like it was an offensive coach who isn't here anymore

Drafting him in the 2nd was a huge reach for a big need imo.