Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Lawsuit Logo or throwback Jag Merchandise, let me see what you got.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I saw a bunch of these on reddit a few months back. people where showing off all their throwback gear. Wanted to see if any of you guys had anything that was old skool. I posted this on reddit. literally found all of this in a box in my dads storage unit when i was helping him move. He was about to get rid of it. the hat isnt lawsuit logo gear but its still pretty bad [BLEEP]. Flat bill leather before flat bills were cool.

[Image: hlldrjpopn6z.jpg]
I have an old ratty Sweatshirt and a hat with the original logo on it
(08-17-2017, 05:20 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]I have an old ratty Sweatshirt and a hat with the original logo on it

I didnt have anything before that little pow wow with the pops. I was 5 when we got the team so i wasnt really able to buy a whole lot on my fat allowance lol.
Flat bills are not cool and look pretty dumb.
(08-17-2017, 05:26 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]Flat bills are not cool and look pretty dumb.

I never said i would wear them. Maybe cool wasnt the word i was looking for. "trend" maybe
(08-17-2017, 06:27 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-17-2017, 05:26 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]Flat bills are not cool and look pretty dumb.

I never said i would wear them. Maybe cool wasnt the word i was looking for. "trend" maybe

LOL.  No worries kiddo.

I think that I might have a T-shirt or two and/or perhaps a hat with the old logo that I only wear when I'm doing yard work (I'm not even sure).

When you were born and celebrated your 5th birthday, I got the news of Jacksonville getting a team while on a Navy ship in the Med/Indian Ocean/Persian Gulf.  I remember how the "controversy" regarding the logo was "big news" back then.

In hindsight, perhaps preserving those bits of clothing might have made them worth something today, but I'm not a person that "collects" a lot of things.

That being said, a couple of things that I do have in my collection and are displayed in my man-cave.  A #82 Jersey signed by Jimmy Smith and a #8 Jersey signed by Mark Brunell.  I tried to get Fred Taylor to sign one but was unsuccessful.
(08-17-2017, 05:12 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: [ -> ]I saw a bunch of these on reddit a few months back. people where showing off all their throwback gear. Wanted to see if any of you guys had anything that was old skool. I posted this on reddit. literally found all of this in a box in my dads storage unit when i was helping him move. He was about to get rid of it. the hat isnt lawsuit logo gear but its still pretty bad [BLEEP]. Flat bill leather before flat bills were cool.

[Image: hlldrjpopn6z.jpg]

I have a number of things with the lawsuit logo. 

I have an old windbreaker with the leaping cat across the back, I have an old six pack of coca-cola bottles with the logo on each bottle. 

And my favorite is a mug I drink my coffee from every morning. 

[Image: h2fcvcT.jpg]
I don't collect jerseys because most players don't stay on their first team until they retire, but Mark Brunell was the one who inspired me to become a Jaguars fan. Our 1997 uniforms were my all time favorites with the crawling jaguar, rounded numbers, and double-striped borders. I was upset that Wayne Weaver decided to move on from those beautiful jerseys - even now I still miss seeing a whole cat on each sleeve. So that one will stay with me until I die. Otherwise I will only buy Jaguars theme stuff wit the current logo, which I like better than the old one. Right now all I have with that logo is a black t-shirt.

I did not even know Jacksonville had a team when the Jaguars had a logo similar to one you see on cars. It was a big news story locally, but not in Bengals/Browns territory.
My son just received in the mail today a new old-stock lawsuit logo hat. It's in brand new condition. He says he ordered the only one in stock from Etsy for $15. Seems legit (shrug).