Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Players are grumbling about "Camp Coughlin"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Remember the old "Camp Coughlin" days? I for one appreciated his approach to whipping our guys in shape for the coming season. It appears though that these new school kids aren't tough enough for the rigors of basic PT. 

Quote:... one league source told PFT that at least one player has remarked that the physically demanding camp will shorten his career by at least two years. Others have been quietly grumbling about it, since there really isn’t anything they can do for now.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...ksonville/
Is this really camp Coughlin, or are these guys struggling to adjust after the soft Gus years?
They sure looked soft last night. I know Bortles has gotten a lot of blame for last night, but the whole team looked pretty bad.
Doesn't really matter who it was, the way they played last night they won't have to worry about a short career because of tough camps, it'll be short because they suck.
(08-18-2017, 09:06 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]Remember the old "Camp Coughlin" days? I for one appreciated his approach to whipping our guys in shape for the coming season. It appears though that these new school kids aren't tough enough for the rigors of basic PT. 

Quote:... one league source told PFT that at least one player has remarked that the physically demanding camp will shorten his career by at least two years. Others have been quietly grumbling about it, since there really isn’t anything they can do for now.

This is the culture that Gus Bradley created, everyone gets a participation trophy! Coughlin camp will weed out these guys out. We need players that are hungry for wins.
(08-18-2017, 09:13 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]They sure looked soft last night. I know Bortles has gotten a lot of blame for last night, but the whole team looked pretty bad.

They were dominated.  Negative yards rushing in the first half.  The oline is garbage.  No pressure on the QB. Winston had 8 seconds to pass the ball on one play. The Bucs ran and passed at will.  And prima donna Ramsey sitting in the box tweeting to the world that he wants another QB.  There's a team player for ya.  Hello 2-14.
Quote:They were dominated.  Negative yards rushing in the first half.  The oline is garbage.  No pressure on the QB. Winston had 8 seconds to pass the ball on one play. The Bucs ran and passed at will.  And prima donna Ramsey sitting in the box tweeting to the world that he wants another QB.  There's a team player for ya.  Hello 2-14

Totally agree.  Marrone challenged the whole team instead of telling the media that he "saw some good things out there and some things they will need to work on".  The players should be grumbling about how overmatched they looked out there against Tampa instead of how hard it is to practice.
Absolutely sickening. I get paid 300 dollars a year to slave away to make all your lives better with my impeccable cancer research, and these babies complain about a tough few weeks while making millions. I would report them all to the FBI if I could.
Hopefully it will weed out the punks and leave the the players that want to be pros.
(08-18-2017, 09:55 PM)jags_r_bake Wrote: [ -> ]Absolutely sickening. I get paid 300 dollars a year to slave away to make all your lives better with my impeccable cancer research, and these babies complain about a tough few weeks while making millions. I would report them all to the FBI if I could.

I think your employer is taking advantage of your good nature.
Sounds as if maybe they need to install a tampon dispenser in that locker room for some of the ladies.
Lol. Damn millenials.
As if being the laughing stock of the league wasn't enough, and being reminded of it AGAIN on Hard Knocks, now we have this crap? Good God man.....
(08-18-2017, 09:13 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]They sure looked soft last night. I know Bortles has gotten a lot of blame for last night, but the whole team looked pretty bad.

There really was pretty much zero positives from last night. It was pathetic from top to bottom.

People love to make everything about Bortles, but Marrone has a lot more to do/fix than just worrying about the QB position.
Cry babies, u ask me. Though i do believe deservant vets should get more vet days off or sumn to not wear out the already older worn bodies.
(08-18-2017, 09:06 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]Remember the old "Camp Coughlin" days? I for one appreciated his approach to whipping our guys in shape for the coming season. It appears though that these new school kids aren't tough enough for the rigors of basic PT. 

Damn right!  New school kids, get rid of them all!

I mean, let's not consider whether there are any/many players left who aren't "new school" players, but let's get rid of 'em anyway!
[Image: 200_s_3.gif]
Marrone told everyone that his training camp was going to be very physical and it would be hard...By the looks of things it should be even harder
I will say this: I personally thought the team looked sluggish. You CAN overwork a person. Your body needs time to recover. I don't believe the team as a whole doesn't care, so I suspect they are being overworked, at least in part. A few days of rest can fix that. They've had back-to-back camps against teams with stout lines.
Pages: 1 2