Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Reasons to watch?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If Chad Henne is our starter this season I think even the most optimistic fan would agree we are not going to "win now" very often and it's likely to be another long season.

Now of course many of us will watch the team anyway, out of loyalty, but is there any hope that the Jaguars can produce watchable football this season? 

I guess the hope was that we could offload it to Fournette and let him carry the offense, but that's going to be a big ask if our OLine and QB aren't producing anything.

And there might also be the hope that our defense will be so awesome, we can get by with Mr Average at QB...

Or is this a season to miss?
(08-19-2017, 04:17 AM)Andy G Wrote: [ -> ]If Chad Henne is our starter this season I think even the most optimistic fan would agree we are not going to "win now" very often and it's likely to be another long season.

Now of course many of us will watch the team anyway, out of loyalty, but is there any hope that the Jaguars can produce watchable football this season? 

I guess the hope was that we could offload it to Fournette and let him carry the offense, but that's going to be a big ask if our OLine and QB aren't producing anything.

And there might also be the hope that our defense will be so awesome, we can get by with Mr Average at QB...

I think this will be key. I also think that Blake WILL produce some good plays and some good games. He CAN play well, but lacks consistency. Certainly not a season I will miss.. albeit through loyalty or just blind hope.
We might only give up about 11 points a game, no matter who is QB this team has a shot.
I'll probably not be as engaged with them this year. Just look for ESPN updates on my phone or I'll listen to them on the radio through an app if I am out fishing. But I am not going to dedicate four to six hours every Sunday to this garbage and nonsense anymore. I've been patient and loyal long enough.

Disappointed with the front office now. I know Coughlin just got back and all. But, you can't be up there on those panels or podiums telling this city and fan base that you want to win now and who want's the bigger lunch when you chose to sit on your hands this off-season and bullied yourself into losing your lunch money for the year.

No efforts were made to add competition to the most important position in all of professional sports if you ask me. And now you're telling us after two quarters of football and inconsistent practices with missed throws and "horse [BLEEP]" throws that you expect us to trust your decision making in that office?

You knew what we had with Bortles the past three years. Sure, the 11 - 33 or 11 - 34 record isn't completely on him. The team has been terrible for awhile now. But if he's the guy dropping back and touching the football 500+ times a year. He's going to be baring that cross of burden more than anybody else.

So, you kept Henne and Allen along with him. You didn't sign anybody else. You didn't draft anybody else. At least TRY. I get that there's a process and a nature of the beast that occurs in these sports. Especially at this level. But the great bane of this franchise has been the QB position now since Brunell was traded to WAS and outside of Garrard in 05' and 07'. When was the last time this team had a QB that not only looked the part but could actually perform the part?

You can't answer that. Try something different. That's all I am asking as a fan. At least show us that you're TRYING to fix this issue.
If Chad Henne is the starting QB, I'll find some other game to watch. I've seen enough of that guy to last a lifetime. He can't get the team passed the 50 yard line in games that count. I wanna see what Allen can do.
We're looking down the barrel of another 5/6 win season. Morale will be extremely low. If I'm Arob I get out of here as fast as I can. He'd have many suitors on the open market on bigger and better teams. Players like Jalen would be seriously co sidering his future here too. Even if there isn't much he can do about it for now.
I think the decision to NOT bring in any QB competition is going to be brilliant in the long run. With either Blake or Henne leading the team, we're likely 4-12 at best which puts us in prime position for the 2018 NFL draft to get our QB of the future.

In fact, Dave Caldwell is a genius for drafting Blake Bortles at #3 overall, knowing he was a bust so we could continue to draft in the top 5 year after year and acquire more talent.

Just look at the great Caldwell drafts and free agent pickups, all designed to continue winning the offseason championships.
I'll watch until I can't take it and my anger towards what I watch starts to carry over into outside football stuff. I never thought I'd get to that point as a fan say 9 years ago, but the Jags have beaten me down to a point that it isn't worth losing years of my life over.
(08-19-2017, 04:17 AM)Andy G Wrote: [ -> ]If Chad Henne is our starter this season I think even the most optimistic fan would agree we are not going to "win now" very often and it's likely to be another long season.

It all depends on whether that O-Line can run block effectively in the majority of the games. 

If they do -- then whichever sub-par QB is behind center will have a fighting chance. If not -- it gets hard to watch quickly.
You watch to win the game!
Already cancelled my NFL Sunday ticket. Not paying for it this year. On top of the fact that I have a 9 month old daughter that will never be this age again. I don't get to see her everyday so I'm not letting several hours of this trash get in the way on a Sunday I can spend with her.
Reason to watch? Because I'm a huge fan of this [BLEEP] show.. Yes, it's a constant [BLEEP] show. They time after time humiliate themselves on and off the field. The talent level has been known to reek like a damn dirty diaper, we haven't had a jackass kicker in years who can make the simplest chip shots, the coaching has been known to flounder like a dying fish swimming sideways in a glass bowl and even the mascot kinda sucks now. Gotta miss Curtis..

But.. with that said, I love this team with all my heart. I'm die hard.. And one day, they won't be a [BLEEP] show anymore. And I hope I'm still around to see that day, because it will be glorious..

The main thing in a year like this will be occasionally sneaking up on a team and getting film of them crying in the locker room about losing to the "jag-wahs" and such. I could see the Jaguars spoiling it for the colts and titans again.
When Henne was with the Dolphins they were in playoff contention almost every season. They had to deal with the dynasty Patriots in their division in those days as we had to deal with Manning. It's possible that if we could actually run the ball and play good defense that Henne is good enough to get us to the playoffs. At this point it's not just the QB I'm worried about but the entire supporting cast was awful in the last game. Kicker is a huge issue.
What is all the hate on Henne. I know he started when the team around him was trash, now is a different story so give the guy a chance as does have a nice spiral vs a Blake throw.
Henne had 2 seasons with the dolphins where he started a vast majority of the games (2009/2010). He led both squads to a 7-9 record, which is nowhere near a playoff berth. I'm honestly interested in comparing the 09/10 dolphin squads to this current jaguar squad to see what kind of talent henne had to work with when compared to now.
Chad Henne gives us a better chance to win than Blake and you're asking for reasons to watch? Get the hell outta here. At least Chad can complete a simple throw without under/over throwing the ball.
(08-21-2017, 04:35 AM)haveaseat Wrote: [ -> ]Chad Henne gives us a better chance to win than Blake and you're asking for reasons to watch? Get the hell outta here. At least Chad can complete a simple throw without under/over throwing the ball.

Neither guy gives us a chance to win.
This is great, even the mascot is under fire in this this thread. I have too agree, though, I haven't seen much out of this guy. When Curtis jumped on that BMX bike at halftime and did the 360 degree loop-d-loop, I was impressed for life.
This guy is just jumping around, looking silly and going through the motions. He should address his mechanics in the offseason IMO.
(08-21-2017, 09:24 AM)PF* Wrote: [ -> ]This is great, even the mascot is under fire in this this thread. I have too agree, though, I haven't seen much out of this guy. When Curtis jumped on that BMX bike at halftime and did the 360 degree loop-d-loop, I was impressed for life.
This guy is just jumping around, looking silly and going through the motions. He should address his mechanics in the offseason IMO.

http://higherimpactent.com/services/mascot-training/
Pages: 1 2