Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Bortles Discussion after Tampa Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think we can all agree that BB5 is not going to be the quarterback for a team that is otherwise poised to win a lot of games in the National Football League, so we can put that to bed once and for all on this message board.  So who should be driving this Cadillac?   I submit that there is one clear answer: Brett Farve.  Now 15 years ago, proposing a 47 year old QB start in this league would be absurd, but this is not your older brother's NFL.  I propose we invite that blue jean hawking, military lovin, gunslinger to take a 6 1/2 hour trip from Gulfport to Jacksonville to try out.  We are now in a time where the best QB is 40 and rules for hitting quarterbacks are virtually the same as flag football for elementary kids.  If nothing else, if you told me Brett Farve was starting the home opener, I would be on the next flight down.  Hell, I would take the bus.  Mr. Khan would be turning people away more than the people that ran out of solar eclipse glasses.  We could take that gate money and make a push at new QB for 2018.  Win/Win.  Oh and BB5 gets to Lemon Bar on Sundays during the games - Win/Win/Win

It is an honor to switch over to the new site.  Unfortunately, I've seen Omaha's #1 Jags Fan has made it over as well.  Im afraid we will have to endure countless references to the Ponce De Leon Cup and calls for 3 punter formations....  I have to hear about it at Jags HQ in Omaha every Sunday.
[Image: Man-Laughing-Funny-Gif-Image.gif]
(08-18-2017, 09:45 AM)Omahas #2 Jags Fan Wrote: [ -> ]I think we can all agree that BB5 is not going to be the quarterback for a team that is otherwise poised to win a lot of games in the National Football League, so we can put that to bed once and for all on this message board.  So who should be driving this Cadillac?   I submit that there is one clear answer: Brett Farve.  Now 15 years ago, proposing a 47 year old QB start in this league would be absurd, but this is not your older brother's NFL.  I propose we invite that blue jean hawking, military lovin, gunslinger to take a 6 1/2 hour trip from Gulfport to Jacksonville to try out.  We are now in a time where the best QB is 40 and rules for hitting quarterbacks are virtually the same as flag football for elementary kids.  If nothing else, if you told me Brett Farve was starting the home opener, I would be on the next flight down.  Hell, I would take the bus.  Mr. Khan would be turning people away more than the people that ran out of solar eclipse glasses.  We could take that gate money and make a push at new QB for 2018.  Win/Win.  Oh and BB5 gets to Lemon Bar on Sundays during the games - Win/Win/Win

It is an honor to switch over to the new site.  Unfortunately, I've seen Omaha's #1 Jags Fan has made it over as well.  Im afraid we will have to endure countless references to the Ponce De Leon Cup and calls for 3 punter formations....  I have to hear about it at Jags HQ in Omaha every Sunday.

Where is Jags HQ in Omaha btw?
lol, Remember that commercial, Favre throws a football to a bunch of high school kids and he says "I still got it" and the high school kids start laughing.  lol. 
57 second mark of video. 
[video=youtube]http://https://youtu.be/nhRw_krGgb8[/video]
I'm really glad we have another thread about Bortles.
Do you have a head injury?
Next Omaha up.
Omaha...I want some of what you're smokin'..... Laughing
Blake Bortles will be cut...no way they pay him 19 million the way he is playing.
(08-18-2017, 09:09 PM)uthill Wrote: [ -> ]Blake Bortles will be cut...no way they pay him 19 million the way he is playing.

Whats the date he has to be cut by so they dont have to pay the 19 mil?
Hell why settle for Farve? Let's go get Joe Montana!
So we're in the middle of preseason fever, and it's rampant.  And now it's official, right???  Bortles sucks.  Right?  He did preseason game #2 so it must be true ...

But the problem is, Bortles sucks ... sometimes.  And though the culmination of it all may still result in suck, he still has ups, on top of the downs.  He may actually play well in preseason game #3 and/or #4.

The likely truth is this.  If Bortles isn't good, our quarterback play isn't good in 2017, no matter who plays, no matter what the record is.  Our success will not be due to quarterback play.  

Chad Henne has nothing to lose.  But what has he really proved?  All the pressure is on Bortles.  What if the roles were switched?  Does anyone here really think Chad Henne is the guy?  Or is he just the other guy?  What if we switched them?

I say play Chad Henne, not because of preseason, not because of anything really.  It's clear Bortles isn't winning the offseason or preseason.  So let Henne win. Because, if he's good, he's good. If he's bad, put Bortles in.    You end up right at the exact same spot, and with no real "competition" controversy.    And you give Bortles a bit more time, and a new perspective.  Now he's the "other guy" they scream for, and move on next year if he sucks.  

(or you can put Allen in who is a bigger question mark than both...)
Making fun of someones mechanics? We get a QB with crappy mechanics.

reaping what we sow
I'm thinking the attempt to "fix" bortles horrible mechanics might be the reason he's so inaccurate right now. Even tho his mechanics were absolute trash his first few years he was much more accurate because he was throwing it the way he was always used to doing so. I've personally always had a bad spiral and I've tried to change how I throw a football and while sometimes it fixed my spiral I had no control over my accuracy. just a thought.
We've been there. We've started Henne over Bortles. It was horrible. If Henne wins the QB competition it's the worst possible outcome for this team - except in that it'll probably give us a better choice of first round QBs next draft. Allen winning out might now be the best possible results...
(08-18-2017, 09:45 AM)Omahas #2 Jags Fan Wrote: [ -> ]I propose we invite that blue jean hawking, military lovin, gunslinger to take a 6 1/2 hour trip from Gulfport to Jacksonville to try out.  We are now in a time where the best QB is 40 and rules for hitting quarterbacks are virtually the same as flag football for elementary kids.  If nothing else, if you told me Brett Farve was starting the home opener, I would be on the next flight down.  Hell, I would take the bus.  

Not possible.  The owners blackballed him from the NFL when this pic was released of Favre taking a knee during what appeared to be the playing of the National Anthem.

[Image: quarterback-brett-favre-of-the-green-bay...?s=612x612]

BB5 is 11-34 to start his hall of fame career.  Did you know that both Joe Montana AND Jim Kelly were also 11-34 to begin their HOF careers?  Everyone needs to calm down and let this young man blossom.  

Thanks
[video=youtube]http://https://youtu.be/qzFY3FN2pBA[/video]This Bortles will show up thurs night and silence the critics
Why didn't we see this coming .....  have you ever seen Brady, Manning, Montana, or Marino look like this ?

[Image: 474452497.jpg?quality=65&strip=all]
Need to verify bortles age, looks like a 32 year old in the combine. Now hes 36, no wonder his arm strength has diminished.
Pages: 1 2