Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: OBITUARY: THE SAD PASSING OF COMMON SENSE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OBITUARY: THE SAD PASSING OF COMMON SENSE

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/obituary-...-ian-mutch
It died on election day, actually.
(08-19-2017, 08:43 PM)nate Wrote: [ -> ]It died on election day, actually.

Oh, it died a long, long time before election day 2016.
(08-19-2017, 08:46 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]

Oh, it died a long, long time before election day 2016.
Agreed. It's been dying a slow death for some time but in recent decades has seen progression at a faster rate. I blame the internet among other things.
(08-19-2017, 10:59 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-19-2017, 08:46 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, it died a long, long time before election day 2016.
Agreed. It's been dying a slow death for some time but in recent decades has seen progression at a faster rate. I blame the internet among other things.

I blame Canada.
(08-20-2017, 03:28 AM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-19-2017, 10:59 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]Agreed. It's been dying a slow death for some time but in recent decades has seen progression at a faster rate. I blame the internet among other things.

I blame Canada.

*adding Canada to list.
I blame attack helicopters.

Therefore, I denounce myself!
(08-20-2017, 11:29 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]I blame attack helicopters.

STOP MOCKING ME. YOU'RE HURTING MY FEELINGS.

I'm going to go protest use of the A-10 at the gates of Moody AFB. For too long, A-10 Warthogs have been treating attack helicopters as second-class citizens. No more. I'm done using separate fuel trucks. I'm done being sent in as Operation Human Shield to clear things out for the A-10 squadrons to get all the glory. I'm sick and tired of being told to park at the back of the hangar.

I demand we take down the A-10s on static display at Eglin, Barksdale, the Air Force Academy and anywhere else that they can be seen lording over their attack helicopter counterparts. We demand that these displays be replaced by more progressive aircraft that can be role models for young attack helicopters everywhere, like the AH-1 Cobra and the AH-64D Apache. We demand that reparations be paid for the cancellation of the H-56 Cheyenne and H-66 Comanche programs in favor of elitist fixed-wing options. We demand that the Air Force end its long history of segregation and allow attack helicopters into its fleet to serve alongside A-10s on the battlefield, not be relegated to the Army. We demand vehicular equality, and we demand it now.

Choppa lives matter.

Yes. However, you failed to refer to the fact that it was election day 2007.
(08-20-2017, 01:57 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-20-2017, 11:29 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]I blame attack helicopters.

STOP MOCKING ME. YOU'RE HURTING MY FEELINGS.

I'm going to go protest use of the A-10 at the gates of Moody AFB. For too long, A-10 Warthogs have been treating attack helicopters as second-class citizens. No more. I'm done using separate fuel trucks. I'm done being sent in as Operation Human Shield to clear things out for the A-10 squadrons to get all the glory. I'm sick and tired of being told to park at the back of the hangar.

I demand we take down the A-10s on static display at Eglin, Barksdale, the Air Force Academy and anywhere else that they can be seen lording over their attack helicopter counterparts. We demand that these displays be replaced by more progressive aircraft that can be role models for young attack helicopters everywhere, like the AH-1 Cobra and the AH-64D Apache. We demand that reparations be paid for the cancellation of the H-56 Cheyenne and H-66 Comanche programs in favor of elitist fixed-wing options. We demand that the Air Force end its long history of segregation and allow attack helicopters into its fleet to serve alongside A-10s on the battlefield, not be relegated to the Army. We demand vehicular equality, and we demand it now.

Choppa lives matter.

Nice.. I assemble and build almost every aircraft you just mentioned above. None of them harbored any complaints.