Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: "That's too bad."
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The USS John S. McCain hits a merchant vessel and multiple sailors are missing and this is DJT's sole comment on his initial response.

If you can honestly tell yourself this would be a "nothing burger" if the same response came from Obama as sitting president, you are officially snowed. 

This guy proves daily that the job is too big for him. He needs to go for pure incompetence.
Source?

I am guessing "That's too bad" were 3 words that were part of a longer statement that the MSM twisted around.
If you think this was the extent of his response then you are officially afflicted with TDS.
Better than "[BLEEP] Happens"

(08-21-2017, 10:42 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]If you think this was the extent of his response then you are officially afflicted with TDS.

A question about the incident was shouted from the reporter pool, which he may not have even heard clearly. Reports are saying he hadn't been briefed. He tweeted condolences later. I feel better when he tweets, don't you?
Per Breitbart (and nowhere else) Trump was not properly briefed on the incident when he made the brush off comment. So either he knew something happened and this was his off the cuff statement.. Or there is so much dysfunction in the WH, it is difficult to get information from the military to the internal circles of the Oval Office with all the chaos and filters surrounding DJT.  

At any rate.. He heard the question well enough to formulate a response. And while he could have said something about how he was still getting briefed, thoughts and prayers to men and women of the military, etc..  He gave the most disinterested, poorly worded response he could muster. He makes W come off like Shakespeare.
(08-21-2017, 01:03 PM)Kotite Wrote: [ -> ]Per Breitbart (and nowhere else) Trump was not properly briefed on the incident when he made the brush off comment. So either he knew something happened and this was his off the cuff statement.. Or there is so much dysfunction in the WH, it is difficult to get information from the military to the internal circles of the Oval Office with all the chaos and filters surrounding DJT.  

At any rate.. He heard the question well enough to formulate a response. And while he could have said something about how he was still getting briefed, thoughts and prayers to men and women of the military, etc..  He gave the most disinterested, poorly worded response he could muster. He makes W come off like Shakespeare.

Yes, we know you would've preferred a response like the last guy, ie immediate apology, condemnation of the USA who acted stupidly, and "if I had a son he'd look just like those merchant marine."

(08-21-2017, 11:32 AM)rollerjag Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2017, 10:42 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]If you think this was the extent of his response then you are officially afflicted with TDS.

A question about the incident was shouted from the reporter pool, which he may not have even heard clearly. Reports are saying he hadn't been briefed. He tweeted condolences later. I feel better when he tweets, don't you?

Actually, I really don't care what he does or says at this point, I'm firmly in the Let It Burn party these days.
Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
Thoughts & prayers are w/ our @USNavy sailors aboard the #USSJohnSMcCain where search & rescue efforts are underway. http://www.cpf.navy.mil/news.aspx/130185

This is just a media concoction used as red meat to keep the libs frothing at the bit. Nothing more. So, yes, it is a big nothing burger, especially when you look at the websites trying to make this a big deal. I'm sure the OP will be able to add to his spank collection because no doubt, CNN will be going 24/7 with how the Russians wrote the initial response for Trump.
(08-21-2017, 01:28 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2017, 11:32 AM)rollerjag Wrote: [ -> ]A question about the incident was shouted from the reporter pool, which he may not have even heard clearly. Reports are saying he hadn't been briefed. He tweeted condolences later. I feel better when he tweets, don't you?

Actually, I really don't care what he does or says at this point, I'm firmly in the Let It Burn party these days.

We vape on the couch, no burning allowed.
Really? This section is like reading all the mouth breathers comments on Yahoo. We must take every word out of context and foam with rage!
(08-21-2017, 07:23 PM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]Really? This section is like reading all the mouth breathers comments on Yahoo. We must take every word out of context and foam with rage!

Speaking of which, did you know that Floyd Mayweather is mad at Justin Bieber because the Biebs unfollowed him on Instagram !!

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/floyd-maywe...29405.html

Sufferers of TDS complained that Trump looked at the eclipse without eye protection and therefore is unfit to serve as President.
I am sure his eyes will "heel".
This reminds me of some people I know personally that come and find me every day with a "DID YOU HEAR WHAT TRUMP DID/SAID"

Every.....day....

No matter what this dude does someone somewhere is going to have some idiotic thing to complain about, real or made up... doesn't matter.
(08-22-2017, 02:12 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]This reminds me of some people I know personally that come and find me every day with a "DID YOU HEAR WHAT TRUMP DID/SAID"

Every.....day....

No matter what this dude does someone somewhere is going to have some idiotic thing to complain about, real or made up... doesn't matter.

There was even fake news saying he stared at the eclipse without glasses!! Classic!
(08-22-2017, 02:16 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-22-2017, 02:12 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]This reminds me of some people I know personally that come and find me every day with a "DID YOU HEAR WHAT TRUMP DID/SAID"

Every.....day....

There was even fake news saying he stared at the eclipse without glasses!! Classic!

Ya know... I'm not even a big Trump fan.
I thought it was ridiculous our country has gotten to where it is that our options this past election were Trump or Killary...
and so by being a NeverKillary person, every liberal friend I have thinks I have a love affair with Trump.

And so they come at me with the regurgitated nonsense they hear on NBC and I get so annoyed with it.
Example "Do you know how much Trump has spent on golfing?!?!!"

TO which I reply "Your income taxes haven't gone up, your day isn't changed by the invisible money the government spends or how they spend it, Obama golfed on the tax payers dime plenty"
And they are just taken aback by my lack of caring...and they really don't like it when I point out that they are taxed about 2500 in a year and get a 2000+ dollar return, so they barely pay taxes. And the ones with kids... don't pay taxes and are actually paid by the government for simply making poor life choices.
But all they want to concentrate on is what some talking heads told them to be mad about.

Too many sheeple in this world.
The Captain has been demoted
[Image: three-drunk-sailors-in-a-boat-c7nje7.jpg]

Every.....day....

This pretty much sums it up.  He didn't say it exactly how I wanted so I'm going to be faux mad.  Oh I'm so faux mad! Fauxxxx Madddddd!!!!!!
The real issue is it seems Russia and maybe China can shut down or control our naval navigation systems. I think WW3 already started and we're losing badly.
(08-23-2017, 04:22 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: [ -> ]The real issue is it seems Russia and maybe China can shut down or control our naval navigation systems.  I think WW3 already started and we're losing badly.

No...just no. Not going to explain why this isn't the case.
Pages: 1 2