Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Fowler Jr charged with 3 misdemeanors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000832895/article/dante-fowler-charged-with-three-misdemeanors 

More great news coming out of this years camp.  The charges are a result of the July altercation.
Life is pain.
Somewhat expected but frustrating. All Jaguars headlines have been pretty negative lately.
I don't recall Fowler having actually punched the guy... I thought he just stepped on the guy's glasses and tossed some of the guy's liquor or something into a nearby pond. 
Edit: Personal attack on Fowler deleted.

My edit: I hope Fowler gets EXACTLY what he deserves. Smile
So is this going to result in lost games now, I would imagine so.
Misdemeanors? The Jaguars can't even get genuine felons on their roster.
What is "petit theft"? Is that like a really small theft? (Or could the NFL website have meant "petty theft"...)

"Fowler was formally charged Aug. 10 with battery, criminal mischief and petit theft in connection to his July 18 arrest in St. Petersburg, Florida. His arraignment in Clearwater, Florida, is scheduled for Sept. 11 -- one day after the Jaguars' regular-season opener against the Houston Texans."
Fowler will get 2-3 games from the commish for this one...
(08-21-2017, 04:04 PM)MyBloodIsTeal Wrote: [ -> ]So is this going to result in lost games now,  I would imagine so.

I highly doubt he gets suspended for a misdemeanor, thats not a felony

He may get a fine from the NFL

(08-21-2017, 05:38 PM)ATLjag Wrote: [ -> ]Fowler will get 2-3 games from the commish for this one...

He wont get any games missed, I just looked up all the NFL suspensions, all of them are PED's, Substance abuse, domestic violence or Felony  charges. 

Not one player that I see has ever been suspended for a misdemeanor
(08-21-2017, 05:18 PM)Andy G Wrote: [ -> ]What is "petit theft"?  Is that like a really small theft? (Or could the NFL website have meant "petty theft"...)

"Fowler was formally charged Aug. 10 with battery, criminal mischief and petit theft in connection to his July 18 arrest in St. Petersburg, Florida. His arraignment in Clearwater, Florida, is scheduled for Sept. 11 -- one day after the Jaguars' regular-season opener against the Houston Texans."

Petit theft is the correct term.
The kid is going to grow up one way or another.
"And with the third overall pick in the 2015 NFL Draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars select Derrick Harvey, defensive end, Florida."
With his track record, expect a 4 game pine ride.
(08-21-2017, 06:24 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2017, 05:18 PM)Andy G Wrote: [ -> ]What is "petit theft"?  Is that like a really small theft? (Or could the NFL website have meant "petty theft"...)

Petit theft is the correct term.
Really? I guess that's another one of those weird US/UK differences then!
Quote:Really? I guess that's another one of those weird US/UK differences then!
It appears to be specifically a Florida terminology.
July 18 ???? Let it go. Fowler has been clean for over a month now. He's proven to be a great citizen of Jacksonville and a legit role model base on his recent actions over the past few weeks.

(08-21-2017, 06:56 PM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]With his track record, expect a 4 game pine ride.

... rest him up for our playoff run like the Pats did with Brady last season.

Petit theft is anything less than 300 dollars.
You guys are saying petit is right but is pronounced like petty? I always thought it was petty theft?
(08-21-2017, 06:45 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]"And with the third overall pick in the 2015 NFL Draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars select Derrick Harvey, defensive end, FloridaWe
Well yes they both played at Florida but the comparison stops there. Dante had 4 sacks last season while Harvey had 3 in career. Dante has a great motor while Harvey was a lazy bum. Yeah Dante has some growing up to do both on and off the field but I thought he was one of the few guys that showed up against Tampa.
Pages: 1 2