Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jalen Ramsey to make 2017 debut!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
J.P. ShadrickVerified account @jpshadrick  6m6 minutes ago
[font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]More

[/font]

Marrone said plan is to get CB Jalen Ramsey in for some reps Thursday night #Jaguars
Looking forward to this. I feel like I've seen several dropped INTs this pre-season. I would also like to see if our starting CBs can capitalize on what looks like a pass rush that is creating pressure but not able to get the sack.
(08-22-2017, 12:45 PM)Takedakai Wrote: [ -> ]Looking forward to this.  I feel like I've seen several dropped INTs this pre-season.  I would also like to see if our starting CBs can capitalize on what looks like a pass rush that is creating pressure but not able to get the sack.

Yeah I which we could see Bouye and Colvin too. Were gonna have to wait till September 10 at  Houston.
(08-22-2017, 12:45 PM)Takedakai Wrote: [ -> ]Looking forward to this.  I feel like I've seen several dropped INTs this pre-season.  I would also like to see if our starting CBs can capitalize on what looks like a pass rush that is creating pressure but not able to get the sack.

Where is this pressure that you speak of?
(08-22-2017, 01:52 PM)BklynJag Wrote: [ -> ]

Fowler, Ngakoue and Jackson all had multiple pressures on Winston.  You've got to be kidding me.
(08-22-2017, 02:19 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-22-2017, 01:52 PM)BklynJag Wrote: [ -> ]Where is this pressure that you speak of?

Fowler, Ngakoue and Jackson all had multiple pressures on Winston.  You've got to be kidding me.

To be honest I recall him having all day to throw. He went 21/29 in ONE HALF. Lol, and I thought the DBs played decent too.
(08-22-2017, 02:19 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-22-2017, 01:52 PM)BklynJag Wrote: [ -> ]Where is this pressure that you speak of?

I remember Fowler and Sheldon Day creating some pressure. I  remember Ngakoue playing terrible run defense and don't remember seeing Malik Jackson doing  much of anything.
(08-22-2017, 04:15 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-22-2017, 02:19 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Fowler, Ngakoue and Jackson all had multiple pressures on Winston.  You've got to be kidding me.

To be honest I recall him having all day to throw. He went 21/29 in ONE HALF. Lol, and I thought the DBs played decent too.

Wow. That's incredible on 2 stages. 

Here we are with Blake Bottles who can't throw a wide open streak. 

And our defense is supposed to be our strength and yet Winston ok you misses 8 out of 29 throws.
(08-22-2017, 01:52 PM)BklynJag Wrote: [ -> ]

The pressure is in your head to find anything remotely negative to say about the team. It must be exhausting for someone of your capacity.
(08-22-2017, 06:19 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-22-2017, 04:15 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: [ -> ]To be honest I recall him having all day to throw. He went 21/29 in ONE HALF. Lol, and I thought the DBs played decent too.

Wow. That's incredible on 2 stages. 

And our defense is supposed to be our strength and yet Winston ok you misses 8 out of 29 throws.

Our Defense was playing without our top 3 CBs and going against an Offense that looks like it's going to be one of the most explosive Offenses in the NFL this year.
I thought we have gotten decent pressure not consistent enough though. I just want to see the starting cb's with our dline and see if our D can carry the team this year.

[Image: DH13DjrVwAAwKQk.jpg]
(08-22-2017, 06:55 PM)nhiverson Wrote: [ -> ]I thought we have gotten decent pressure not consistent enough though. I just want to see the starting cb's with our dline and see if our D can carry the team this year.

I definitely think the starting DBs will help that pressure
(08-22-2017, 06:59 PM)mvannostran Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-22-2017, 06:55 PM)nhiverson Wrote: [ -> ]I thought we have gotten decent pressure not consistent enough though. I just want to see the starting cb's with our dline and see if our D can carry the team this year.

I definitely think the starting DBs will help that pressure

I do too. Other issues besides that side of the field.
I think some folks may not have a clear definition of "a QB pressure."

When the QB has to move off of his chosen spot in (or out of) the pocket to attempt a pass due to a defensive player coming too close for comfort, that constitutes "a pressure."

I saw Winston adjust his spot due to pressure several times. It didn't cause him not to pass or even complete the pass every time it happened - but it happened. Combined with Ramsey, Bouye & Colvin on the field -- a few of those pressures may have caused incompletions, stalled a drive, or even forced a turnover.
(08-22-2017, 08:43 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I think some folks may not have a clear definition of  "a QB pressure."

When the QB has to move off of his chosen spot in (or out of)  the pocket to attempt a pass due to a defensive player coming too close for comfort, that constitutes  "a pressure."

I saw Winston adjust his spot due to pressure several times. It didn't cause him not to pass or even complete the pass every time it happened - but it happened. Combined with Ramsey, Bouye & Colvin on the field -- a few of those pressures may have caused incompletions, stalled a drive, or even forced a turnover.

Yeah there was no pressure... idk what game u watched.
(08-22-2017, 09:18 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-22-2017, 08:43 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I think some folks may not have a clear definition of  "a QB pressure."

When the QB has to move off of his chosen spot in (or out of)  the pocket to attempt a pass due to a defensive player coming too close for comfort, that constitutes  "a pressure."

Exactly, I remember a few plays, Winston could have baked a cake.
(08-22-2017, 09:18 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: [ -> ]

I went back and looked / sifted through some video. (don't have access to the whole first half) 
 There was less than I thought, but Fowler had one legit pressure and also bottled up Winston on a QB scramble attempt. 
Jackson got in Winston's face once up the middle as he released the ball, also had quick penetration on a run play but was blindsided by the guard from the opposite side :/
Ngakoue got into the backfield quickly twice, but they were on run downs. He also nearly caught Winston on a roll-out.
Not a good night for him.  

There was less pressure than I thought and overall a poor showing by the D-line. But to say there was no pressure is still inorrect.
(08-22-2017, 06:48 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-22-2017, 06:19 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Wow. That's incredible on 2 stages. 

Our Defense was playing without our top 3 CBs and going against an Offense that looks like it's going to be one of the most explosive Offenses in the NFL this year.

Agreed completely.

Tampa will be tough to stop for a lot of teams.

Even if we were in regular season, Tampa would be a formidable matchup with us, even with our secondary intact.  That NFC South is going to be a fun division to watch.  I think the Brees led Saints will finish last.  Let that sink in.