Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: ESPN pulls Asian commentator named Robert Lee from broadcast
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Unfortunately this is not fake news.
(08-22-2017, 09:22 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately this is not fake news.

Also, he's Asian. Just in case the whole thing wasn't silly enough already.
My middle name is Lee. It's amazing how uneducated people are or how sensitive people are about a simple name that's been around for a very, very long time. Long before Robert E. Lee was around. It has origins from Ireland, East Asia and even Norway. And it's just been watered down in most cases from names like Lea and Leigh to sound more English and less Gaelic.
Holy cow, when is it enough. These liberal cry babies need to grow up.
lol, now all people named Robert Lee's must be terminated.
I don't care that he is Asian. The fact that people with certain names have to be removed from certain opportunities is a form of prejudice and bigotry. I don't care if his last name was Hitler it should have 0 effect on the opportunities and assessments he receives.
ESPN's days are numbered anyway. They have already lost basically all of their Insider subscribers (if it even exists anymore), and are losing subscribers left and right anyway. Disney's patience with them is wearing thin I think.
This is totally stupid !!!  ESPN is a joke but as long as they have cuties like my girl Ramona on I'll keep watching.   Laughing

[Image: dm_160818_ramona_on_lakers_yi.jpg]
(08-23-2017, 09:48 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]This is totally stupid !!!  ESPN is a joke but as long as they have cuties like my girl Ramona on I'll keep watching.   Laughing

[Image: dm_160818_ramona_on_lakers_yi.jpg]

Gross.

I'm more of a Kate Fagan guy

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
(08-23-2017, 10:19 AM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-23-2017, 09:48 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]This is totally stupid !!!  ESPN is a joke but as long as they have cuties like my girl Ramona on I'll keep watching.   Laughing

Gross.

She looks suspiciously like Rachel Maddow...
Not that anyone cares about facts or anything...

[Image: DH4F5OQUQAAFNl-.jpg]
(08-23-2017, 10:43 AM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-23-2017, 10:19 AM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]Gross.

She looks suspiciously like Rachel Maddow...
Why would you go and ruin a good thing for me?

(08-23-2017, 11:43 AM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: [ -> ]Not that anyone cares about facts or anything...

So... they did remove him from broadcast because of his name?
Just wondering where the missed facts were...

Point remains... that people's names are now somehow offensive so a network is doing damage control preemptively.

It's quite ridiculous that we're bending over backwards to try to appease such a small minority of people in this country.
And allowing them to be violent and criminal in the process.

Laughable really.
(08-23-2017, 11:52 AM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]Just wondering where the missed facts were...

Point remains... that people's names are now somehow offensive so a network is doing damage control preemptively.

It's quite ridiculous that we're bending over backwards to try to appease such a small minority of people in this country.
And allowing them to be violent and criminal in the process.

Laughable really.

The worst part, and what these fools are going to learn the hard way, it that capitulation leads to more aggression from those who will not, nay cannot, ever be satisfied. SJWs will never declare victory and go home, they will merely move to the next "offense" and start anew.
We have officially gone through the looking glass.
(08-23-2017, 11:43 AM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: [ -> ]Not that anyone cares about facts or anything...

This was not Robert Lee's idea.  The network approached him.  What was he supposed to say?  When network executives approach you with this idea its kind of hard for a guy that isn't a big name in the industry to fight it.  He kind of has to go along with what they say just to keep his job.

It's garbage that they even felt the need to do this, to cave into societal pressure just because you may offend a small minority of people over a name.  A name that two months ago nobody cared about, but because people have to be offended about something now its a big deal.

ESPN should put him back on the game, issue an apology to Robert Lee, and try to stop making dumb decisions.  Lord knows they've sunk Disney's stock enough the past couple years.
(08-23-2017, 12:41 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: [ -> ]We have officially gone through the looking glass.

I don't even have to drop acid any more.
[Image: DH7y0ZKVwAAS2CQ.jpg]
(08-23-2017, 11:43 AM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: [ -> ]Not that anyone cares about facts or anything...

"It felt right."  Paralysis by political correctness.

It wouldn't have been a topic if the knee-jerk lefties at ESPN management hadn't made it one...
(08-23-2017, 10:19 AM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]I'm more of a Kate Fagan guy

I used to be until I googled her 6-months ago only to see that she had a hideous looking partner.  Yes, you guessed it ....
[Image: kate-fagan-1498449088.png]
Pages: 1 2