Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Hard Knocks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We looked pitiful on Hard Knocks last night, I feel completely embarrassed after watching it, it was a lil one sided because I heard Fowler and a few others won their 1v1 battles. Worst part about was that Bucs players were talking garbage to the players and fans like they haven't been just as trash as us and the players couldn't even defend themselves especially the O-line.
Bucs went 9-7 last year.
Haven't seen Hard Knocks since the Jags were the focal team..
Haven't watched it yet, but I wasn't expecting a nice showing after last week. The football Gods have taken a gigantic crap on this franchise.
their players were talking crap directly to ours? were our guys getting beat in all the drills they showed?
Not surprised, we are legit the laughingstock of the NFL right now. Even more people are hyped up about the Browns then us (and they have every right to be because things are actually looking up for them). The Jaguars on the other hand are on a sinking ship that looks to just be getting worse and worse because our FO decided to not change anything coaching wise.

We can change all the coaches and get all the players we want, it really doesn't matter we have a terrible front office which trickles down to having terrible coaching which leads to terrible players thus ending to bad play on the football field.

We had so many options at QB and QB after QB we just say "he's garbage" or "he is a bust" even though we are the ones failing the player. We are failing there development. If I was a QB going into the NFL I would refuse the jags at all costs not caring how bad it makes me look. Not worth it.
(08-23-2017, 10:41 AM)NJ JagsFan Wrote: [ -> ]Not surprised, we are legit the laughingstock of the NFL right now. Even more people are hyped up about the Browns then us (and they have every right to be because things are actually looking up for them). The Jaguars on the other hand are on a sinking ship that looks to just be getting worse and worse because our FO decided to not change anything coaching wise.

We can change all the coaches and get all the players we want, it really doesn't matter we have a terrible front office which trickles down to having terrible coaching which leads to terrible players thus ending to bad play on the football field.

We had so many options at QB and QB after QB we just say "he's garbage" or "he is a bust" even though we are the ones failing the player. We are failing there development. If I was a QB going into the NFL I would refuse the jags at all costs not caring how bad it makes me look. Not worth it.

I had a conversation with a family member about this very thing... Losing is contagious.  Is it REALLY possible that every player we draft happens to be a bust?  After as many as we have drafted, can it really be that?  

I dont think it can, it has to be this FRANCHISE that is failing, and it trickles down.  We have seen cases of our guys going else where before they had time to fully be ruined and flourish.  We've seen top tier players sign as FA's and then fail and we all just say oh he only wanted the money.

At this point we have to start looking at those running this team, because this much losing, perpetually, is more than just bad drafting
(08-23-2017, 10:41 AM)NJ JagsFan Wrote: [ -> ]Not surprised, we are legit the laughingstock of the NFL right now. Even more people are hyped up about the Browns then us (and they have every right to be because things are actually looking up for them). The Jaguars on the other hand are on a sinking ship that looks to just be getting worse and worse because our FO decided to not change anything coaching wise.

While everything you say is true, don't overlook the curse of John Oehser. It is real.
Overall the two areas we ignored in the offseason are going to be the Achilles hill this year. We ignored the QB and we did a little bit on the offensive line. It won't be enough and the front office knows it. This team is talking short term but planning long term. It leaves the fans stuck in football hell.
They literally owned us. Talking smack and manhandling us at the same time. It was tough to watch.
(08-23-2017, 11:25 AM)BklynJag Wrote: [ -> ]They literally owned us. Talking smack and manhandling us at the same time. It was tough to watch.

I'm sure you loved every minute of it, Debbie.
Jaguars suck. Please clean house. Trade Ramsey, Fournette, Linder, Malik, Calais, Telvin, Ngakoue, Bouye, Cam Robinson, Allen Robinson, Hurns, Myles Jack, Marqise Lee to a Super Bowl contender.
Someone needs to go back to troll school.
Holy cow. Some of you people have problems that go beyond the Jags.

It's the second 'friggin game of the preseason! If Bortles isn't the guy - and I don't think he is - then ANY quarterback who takes his place will be an improvement. Bortles set the bar pretty low.

Does anyone really believe the defense will play as badly as they did against Tampa Bay? Of course not. Don't forget, we were missing our two best corners. That alone changes this defense.

And the guys 32277 just mentioned - Ramsey, Fournette, Linder, Malik, Calais, Telvin, Ngakoue, Bouye, Cam Robinson, Allen Robinson, Hurns, Myles Jack, Marqise Lee - they make up the nucleus of a very good football team. Any other team would love to have them.

Long term, we need a new QB. Fortunately, next year's draft is loaded with QB. Our offensive line needs an upgrade, but we're set at the two toughest position to find talent - C and LT.
anyone got a link?

I've always felt like this. How come a player does bad here and goes somewhere else and turns it out? It cant't be every player.

(08-23-2017, 12:34 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: [ -> ]Holy cow. Some of you people have problems that go beyond the Jags.

It's the second 'friggin game of the preseason! If Bortles isn't the guy - and I don't think he is - then ANY quarterback who takes his place will be an improvement. Bortles set the bar pretty low.

Does anyone really believe the defense will play as badly as they did against Tampa Bay? Of course not. Don't forget, we were missing our two best corners. That alone changes this defense.

And the guys 32277 just mentioned - Ramsey, Fournette, Linder, Malik, Calais, Telvin, Ngakoue, Bouye, Cam Robinson, Allen Robinson, Hurns, Myles Jack, Marqise Lee - they make up the nucleus of a very good football team. Any other team would love to have them.

Long term, we need a new QB. Fortunately, next year's draft is loaded with QB.  Our offensive line needs an upgrade, but we're set at the two toughest position to find talent - C and LT.

Are you saying draft a QB in the first 3 rounds so you will have options?

Also, to have the best QB depth available?
I havent seen hard knocks, but if it is the way brooklyn describes it, thats awful and pathetic

how on earth could we have been dominated in every session and talked down to that much and not respond? was it maybe selective editing? From what I THOUGHT I read, it was back and forth for both teams during all the practice sessions
(08-23-2017, 01:58 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: [ -> ]I havent seen hard knocks, but if it is the way brooklyn describes it, thats awful and pathetic

how on earth could we have been dominated in every session and talked down to that much and not respond?  was it maybe selective editing?  From what I THOUGHT I read, it was back and forth for both teams during all the practice sessions

I'm sure editing didn't play into this at all.  After all, it is Hard Knocks with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
(08-23-2017, 02:16 PM)FBT Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-23-2017, 01:58 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: [ -> ]I havent seen hard knocks, but if it is the way brooklyn describes it, thats awful and pathetic

how on earth could we have been dominated in every session and talked down to that much and not respond?  was it maybe selective editing?  From what I THOUGHT I read, it was back and forth for both teams during all the practice sessions

I'm sure editing didn't play into this at all.  After all, it is Hard Knocks with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

well the real game shows that it wasn't selective editing, and maybe selective writing by jaguar staff
Hard Knocks is pure entertainment. The league and HBO are trying to build hype around a Tampa team that has a strong roster but still very overhype's - they are trying to sell us Jameis Winston. The show is about TB and if they don't spin it that way then people woul not watc so the narrative has to go a certain way.

On top of all that the Jags are in a rebuild and have a bad QB situation- QB is the only area where Tampa has a significant advantage. Considering how mistake prone Winston is (he's almost as bad as Bortles)

The Buccs are going to be in for a wake up call at some point this season
(08-23-2017, 03:06 PM)TheAll22 Wrote: [ -> ]Hard Knocks is pure entertainment. The league and HBO are trying to build hype around a Tampa team that has a strong roster but still very overhype's - they are trying to sell us Jameis Winston. The show is about TB and if they don't spin it that way then people woul not watc so the narrative has to go a certain way.

On top of all that the Jags are in a rebuild and have a bad QB situation- QB is the only area where Tampa has a significant advantage. Considering how mistake prone Winston is (he's almost as bad as Bortles)

The Buccs are going to be in for a wake up call at some point this season

Not the rebuilding mantra again. I didn't know we were. That explains things then.

Wait, they have a significant advantage at QB, but Winston is almost as bad at Bortles? I'm confused.

All in all, I am with you in that Tampa is beginning to feel too good about themselves. They can buzz off.
Pages: 1 2