Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Trump - Monday Speech ... then came Tuesday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK .. honest opinions

After what I thought was a good speech on Monday, Trump followed that up by going very unPresidential-like in Arizona to rile his fan base.

What is your honest opinion at this point?  Do you wish he'd simply work with the Generals. Congress, etc.  OR are you really ok with this Jekyll and Hyde personality that has resulted in extensive turnover since January and is now seeing him go after Sessions, McConnell, and [insert name here].
(08-23-2017, 11:33 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]OK .. honest opinions

After what I thought was a good speech on Monday, Trump followed that up by going very unPresidential-like in Arizona to rile his fan base.

What is your honest opinion at this point?  Do you wish he'd simply work with the Generals. Congress, etc.  OR are you really ok with this Jekyll and Hyde personality that has resulted in extensive turnover since January and is now seeing him go after Sessions, McConnell, and [insert name here].

It looks to me like Trump is wanting people who think like him and follow his idealisms without question...When they do question, he wants them replaced...Gotta give Trump credit though, for listening to his military advisers on the pullout of troops in Afghanistan...Pulling all troops out now would be a huge failure
I tried to watch it - I really did.

But that 20 minute whine fest about the media was really hard to take. Have we ever had a president who is this sensitive? Like a teen age girl.

Then he lies about what he said about Charlottesville! Then he teases the crowd about giving a pardon to a criminal. Yeah, a real law and order guy.

I know a lot of this was to get the yahoos to send a $20.00 check to his re-election campaign, which he can legally use to pay Don Jr.'s attorneys, but he was embarrassing. But, it's what we got and he ain't changing.
Anything that gets Don Lemon THAT triggered is worth it in my book.
(08-23-2017, 12:51 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Anything that gets Don Lemon THAT triggered is worth it in my book.

A total eclipse of the truth is a great line.
(08-23-2017, 12:49 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: [ -> ]I tried to watch it - I really did.

But that 20 minute whine fest about the media was really hard to take. Have we ever had a president who is this sensitive? Like a teen age girl.

Then he lies about what he said about Charlottesville! Then he teases the crowd about giving a pardon to a criminal. Yeah, a real law and order guy.

I know a lot of this was to get the yahoos to send a $20.00 check to his re-election campaign, which he can legally use to pay Don Jr.'s attorneys, but he was embarrassing. But, it's what we got and he ain't changing.

~This.. Is CNN..
(08-23-2017, 11:33 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]OK .. honest opinions

I think he'd be better off to just shut his pie hole and pursue his agenda, an agenda that a slim majority of Americans agree with for the most part.  Close his mouth.  Stay off twitter.  Do work.

Wall.
Health Care reform.
Tax reform.
Keep pursuing good national security/foreign policy.

Don't antagonize the spineless noodles in the Senate whom you need to pass your agenda.

Just pipe down and do work.
The base needed it. For a week and a half all we've been hearing is racist... white supremacist... the sky is falling. A lot of us like it when he rips into CNN.

Incidentally, when the guy is reading the transcripts of what he wrote I don't know how that is lying about what he said. Can someone explain that to me? #fakemessageboardposters

In a way he could be a lot more efficient. He could have made the Harvard text book point about a more global view of a post racial society but that's just not who he is and not who anyone of us thought he was. His version is "I didn't say I love you cause your black or you cause your white or you cause your from japan or you cause your from China. I love ALL THE PEOPLE in our country!"

It's not as hearts and flowers, but it gets the point across. The real condemnation should be for those who took his first statements (when most outlets didn't know who was driving the stupid car) and twisting them into a racist screed. That's unconscionable #fakenews.