Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Positives of being a Jaguar Fan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
+ Your January's are always free.  The Jags never see the post season so your season is normally done by the start of the year

+Sympathy: Go into a room talking sports and announce you are a Jaguar fan.  Often times people feel sorry or confused why.

+The offseason is like the Superbowl.  Every year this team builds up hype during the draft and training camp.  Every season is  a good season until the actual season starts.

+Save Money on Jersey's:  There is not a star on the team so no need to buy a new Jersey.  It's best rocking the old Brunell, Smith, Boseli, or any old Jersey that has better colors to boot.

+Draft:  The Jags always pick near the top so it's exciting to see what bust we pick each year. 

+Low ticket prices:  It's hard to get people to want to see this mess on the field.  Top of the line stadium experience with low ticket prices are the norm.

+No prime time games.  If you go to bed early no need to worry about Jags playing many prime time games. 1 mandatory thursday night is all.

Lol, good ones
For UK based fans..

+You're always unique, as most of the population have never heard of Jacksonville, let alone the Jaguars.

+You get to make lame threads like this

One of the guys that works for me is a huge Packers fans.  He can't afford to buy tickets to go see the Packers, so he went to Jacksonville to see them.  Tickets are cheap and with the dumpster fire on the field, it's even easier to pickup tickets on Ebay for cheap.  

So - cheap tickets is definitely the biggest plus.  

Oh, and for the draft, you get to go to bed early.  A definite plus for us old folks.  

Most of the season is pretty stress free. Since the Jags are usually out of it by early October, the fans avoid those pesky, worrisome must-win games from that time on.
"Free Januarys" makes absolutely no sense. Do you not miss watching football when other teams are in the playoffs?

That is a benefit of liking more than one team. After the Jaguars were eliminated, I still had the Packers and Broncos.

There is no reason to think clinching early round draft picks is a positive. You know many of those players busted out of the NFL and many late picks are HOFers, right? And that everything in between happens? The idea that drafting early in each round automatically makes our team better is based on nearsightedness and tunnel vision.

Quote:"Free Januarys" makes absolutely no sense. Do you not miss watching football when other teams are in the playoffs?

That is a benefit of liking more than one team. After the Jaguars were eliminated, I still had the Packers and Broncos.

There is no reason to think clinching early round draft picks is a positive. You know many of those players busted out of the NFL and many late picks are HOFers, right? And that everything in between happens? The idea that drafting early in each round automatically makes our team better is based on nearsightedness and tunnel vision.

I still watch football in January, pressure free. Easy to enjoy as a neutral.

This thread is tongue-in-cheek.

Chill.
We have an NFL team many cities in the US would like one. Please stop starting threads, JUST STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Draft is fun, always picking fairly high in each round.

Offseason between June through August, and in tone preseason,, everyone gets hyped and excited.
Quote:Draft is fun, always picking fairly high in each round.

Offseason between June through August, and in tone preseason,, everyone gets hyped and excited.

Read my post again. Picking high in the first round only means we suck. Have you ever paid attention to early round picks and late round picks in previous drafts?

Free Sunday afternoons...
The season is usually over in September 

Quote:That is a benefit of liking more than one team. After the Jaguars were eliminated, I still had the Packers and Broncos.

You've probably answered this before but who do you root for when the Jags play the Broncos or Packers?
Quote:The season is usually over in September 

The season always starts in September.

Unless you are talking about baseball.
Quote:You've probably answered this before but who do you root for when the Jags play the Broncos or Packers?

I rooted for the Jaguars in Week 1 and was as angry as everyone else on this board about it.

Broncos because they are playoff contenders, so a win is more important for them.
Quote:Read my post again. Picking high in the first round only means we suck. Have you ever paid attention to early round picks and late round picks in previous drafts?
Yes, it means they suck during the season.

The draft in itself is more fun/interesting as the Jags get to pick early in rounds.
There are no positives, cause when I watch other teams I get jealous. Did you guys catch the Seahawks and Patriots game last night? We're light years away from that level of play.
Quote:Yes, it means they suck during the season.

The draft in itself is more fun/interesting as the Jags get to pick early in rounds.

Why does it matter when we pick in the draft when any player at any pick number can be either a boom or a bust?

The best part about the offseason is not seeing a certain someone's stupidity vomited all over this forum. Im sure they will point themselves out shortly.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5