Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Optimism thread stop by here before u give up lol because......
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Very simply put we have only seen Chad play with a horrible roster. 
We know he has done quite well this pre season and I fully expect him to continue to do well as the starter.
My biggest concern is if he doesn't have a clean pocket the potential for disaster is very high because he doesn't have the ability to escape pressure.
Otherwise...if he has decent protection we should still be very competitive.
Let's not forget however that Blake could still end up starting. Blake just needs to complete a decent amount of his passes tonight and I believe he is back in the saddle.
Be hopeful my fellow jags fans!
Our team is much more talented than Since I can remember and with the style of offense were wanting to run its not as difficult as many of us would like to beleive to get a QB who will do what we ask
(08-24-2017, 09:53 AM)diehardjagsfaninsocal Wrote: [ -> ]Very simply put we have only seen Chad play with a horrible roster. 
We know he has done quite well this pre season and I fully expect him to continue to do well as the starter.
My biggest concern is if he doesn't have a clean pocket the potential for disaster is very high because he doesn't have the ability to escape pressure.
Otherwise...if he has decent protection we should still be very competitive.
Let's not forget however that Blake could still end up starting. Blake just needs to complete a decent amount of his passes tonight and I believe he is back in the saddle.
Be hopeful my fellow jags fans!
Our team is much more talented than Since I can remember and with the style of offense were wanting to run its not as difficult as many of us would like to beleive to get a QB who will do what we ask
true but its still henne
if he had done quite well he would have been the starter already he has been mediocre in camp
main reason blake should be qb oline is the liability on this team and henne can't run away
even with decent protection he gets 50% of his balls batted down
its blakes last year he should just forget the crap the coaches say and start slinging it like he did year 2, ever since the coaches got on him about the interceptions he is tenatice and doesnt throw it around like he did that year.
I'm still optimistic that this defense will come together and play well. Other things, I'm not optimistic on, but I'm hopeful.

I'm praying to all things holy that Hackett has a master plan to energize the run game, because it's not looking like this line is going to go out there and bust open lanes for Fournette and company very often.

Marquez Williams and the tight ends are going to be on the field a lot to help the run game AND to protect the QB I think.
I hope they find a way to make it work.
I honestly don't know what to think about this game. It could go either way. If it goes south it will do so quickly and quite disastrously. There will be no "meh" tomorrow. It will be cautiously optimistic or standing room only at the top of the Modis.
1-15. Henne and the o-line suck and Fournette doesn't even play a full season. D players drop like flies with injuries as the season progresses. Marrone quits the team at the bye week.
Peyton won a Super Bowl behind a bad OL with a 68 rating and only throwing 9tds to 17ints.

Maybe, just maybe, the stars will align and Henne will play better than that and our defense will be top 5.

(08-24-2017, 10:24 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]I honestly don't know what to think about this game. It could go either way. If it goes south it will do so quickly and quite disastrously. There will be no "meh" tomorrow. It will be cautiously optimistic or standing room only at the top of the Modis.

This board is never "cautiously" optimistic. It's Super Bowl or 1st pick. No in-between
(08-24-2017, 10:29 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: [ -> ]1-15.  Henne and the o-line suck and Fournette doesn't even play a full season. D players drop like flies with injuries as the season progresses.  Marrone quits the team at the bye week.

You need a new schtick, pal.  You really suck at this troll-job you're attempting. 

Maybe check out some youtube videos on trolling or try for some comedy in your posts. Perhaps if you were a little bit funny or developed a wacky catch-phrase. 

I don't know -- anything but this unimaginative bashing on the team constantly.  It's not funny, it's not clever, it's not even good at evoking response because it's just so lame.
I'm thinking Chad does quite well today.
Also I would like to see taillights get the ball 20 or so times.
If he does I bet he has a great game
Regardless of our performance, Teal Deals are still valid through the end of the season.
I WANT to have optimism because yeah: last time Henne had Shorts as his best receiver and beat to heck MJD as his lead back. Will he be able to hold the rudder and steer the team? I doubt it....do I WANT him to? God yes....we will see.
(08-24-2017, 11:39 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Regardless of our performance, Teal Deals are still valid through the end of the season.

...and the beers just as cold, the food just as tasty, the friends just as friendly. Big Grin
Look.
I think most of us really do love this cursed team.
And it's hard cause we've sucked for so long.
And most of us try and stay optimistic and some of us are all doing and gloom.
That's the pleasure of being a free American.
We can choose a hell of a lot.
The bottom line is this.
None of are here because we hate the jags and want to lose every game. Ok maybe Brooklyn Jag hates us lol 
But if we do start winning games? Ya BBY. We stuck it out. True fans with heart and patience beyond comprehension lol. 
It will be so awesome to be respected as a team again 
It's coming my friends.
I feel it.....
Here's my hope/dream: Chad Henne knows this is his last chance. He knows that if he secures the starting job and plays well he can re-start his career and fulfill some dreams he had coming out of Michigan.

So he goes for it. Throws caution to the wind! (and any other cliche you want to throw throw in here). He stands tall in the pocket! He throws downfield!

And the Jaguars have a functional offense that is not an embarrassment and they win opening day in Texas.

Hey - it could happen.
I too feel Chad can and most likely will surprise us all.
We may have to wait until fournet is back and a few other guys to see it in full force but tonight Chad is gonna at least resemble a starting QB.
And once he has a legitimate threat of a run game the playaction pass will be there and more opportunities to throw deep.
Mark my words.
Chad is gonna win us 8 to 10 games this year
(08-24-2017, 11:57 AM)diehardjagsfaninsocal Wrote: [ -> ]I too feel Chad can and most likely will surprise us all.
We may have to wait until fournet is back and a few other guys to see it in full force but tonight Chad is gonna at least resemble a starting QB.
And once he has a legitimate threat of a run game the playaction pass will be there and more opportunities to throw deep.
Mark my words.
Chad is gonna win us 8 to 10 games this year Laughing Laughing
Dude!!, there is optimism and then there is delusion.
(08-24-2017, 12:01 PM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-24-2017, 11:57 AM)diehardjagsfaninsocal Wrote: [ -> ]I too feel Chad can and most likely will surprise us all.
Mark my words.
Chad is gonna win us 8 to 10 games this year Laughing Laughing
Dude!!, there is optimism and then there is delusion.

Chad might not lose us 12 games this year?
LOL!
I'm not delusional at all.
I really believe if fournet runs hard all year and gets close to 1200 and 15 TDS. And Chad can stand up for 3 seconds we're gonna win 8 to 10.
I'll eat it if I'm wrong.
If I'm right?
NOONE will care Lol.
I'm so sick of losing and having no reason to have hope..
There's actually some factual stuff to back my feeling up.
Chad has really thrown 3 TD's in the past 2 games. 2 of them were dropped. But he's been dropping dimes, looking good. Honestly, this is not the Chad that we are use to seeing. 3 weeks ago I was calling him "Bad Henne", hoping he would be cut. As bad as Bortles has looked, I'm excited to see if Henne can change everyone's opinion of him. Hoping that he has learned a few things sitting back and doing his reserve role.
(08-24-2017, 12:08 PM)diehardjagsfaninsocal Wrote: [ -> ]LOL!
I'm not delusional at all.
I really believe if fournet runs hard all year and gets close to 1200 and 15 TDS. And Chad can stand up for 3 seconds we're gonna win 8 to 10.
I'll eat it if I'm wrong.
If I'm right?
NOONE will care Lol.
I'm so sick of losing and having no reason to have hope..
There's actually some factual stuff to back my feeling up.

I applaud you for being that optimistic. Hard to do these days. Definitely a much better way to live life than doom and gloom and darkness
Henne given Sunday! Let me drink all the Kool-Aid you have. Before reality sets in and I realize Henne is the same turd pile who has never strung together a three game stretch where he looks remotely like an NFL starter.
Pages: 1 2